Jason Campbell on Bo Nix

aubiefifty

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Have always liked Jason Campbell. Really wish he and that 2004 team would have had the chance to play for it all. 

• Like 7

Jason Campbell is one of my all time favs. Talk about a guy with a vintage arc. He proved that Persistence pays off. I’m so glad he’s still involved with the school and football program. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 9

Jason deserves all the respect in the world he hung in there when things weren’t going well and ended up leading an undefeated team to what I will always believe was a national championship.  I wish the same for Bo Nix.  

• Like 3

Was is it Campbell who said that he decided to commit to AU when he watched AU lose to UA, in Auburn, and the entire AU fan base stayed in the stadium chanting "It's great, to be, an Auburn Tiger" even after the loss? Seems like I remember that was him. We need some of that fan energy back.

• Like 1

2004 seems like it wasn't long ago, yet Jason is already a dying breed of football players. I appreciate the comments about his own journey and he is a great mentor to youth who struggle, frustrated, reactionary, or uncertain.  

Jason Campbell is a great man....and a great Auburn man.  Good thing he came along when the internet was still mostly in its infancy.  There would have been calls for his head early in his career; never mind that he had a different coordinator in each of his 4 years.....2004 would have never happened. 😩

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Jason Campbell is a great man....and a great Auburn man.  Good thing he came along when the internet was still mostly in its infancy.  There would have been calls for his head early in his career; never mind that he had a different coordinator in each of his 4 years.....2004 would have never happened. 😩

Different OC every year? Sounds familiar.

• WarTiger changed the title to Jason Campbell on Bo Nix
20 hours ago, penguin149 said:

There were calls for all of those things, including his position coach and head coach's head.  Thankfully, the players could more easily insulate themselves from some of it back then.  I think players would be better off today if they turned off Twitter, Instagram, etc during the season.

I remember when Tubs went all in on Jason.  Philip Rivers, from Decatur, AL, son of a high school coach, was being recruited as well.  Tubs wanted Philip to come play TE at Auburn.  Thankfully for all involved, Jason worked out and Philip had  a great college career at NC State.

Edited by AU9377

21 hours ago, penguin149 said:

That Borges offense really unlocked his potential by providing options and keeping the defense off balance. He was always accurate, but that 2003 offense really gave him limited options with predictably of play calling. Shame he couldnt have had Borges a few years earlier. Campbell was an absolute stud in 2004 and bailed us out of a few games where the running game was struggling a bit. Iron Bowl comes to mind. 

Edited by twilli13

I had the privilege of meeting his parents before a game in 2004. It is easy to see how he turned out to be the quality human he is today. 

I’ll always remember sitting in the North end zone for that 2004 LSU game next to a lady who took the opportunity after every incompletion to yell out in an accent straight out of Chilton County “oh lord, we need a quarterback!!!” Of course, she cheered loudly when Jason led us downfield for the winning drive. 

I always loved Campbell’s game from 2002 on. He rescued us against Syracuse that year and never looked back. Granted 2003 wasn’t a great year for him or anyone for that matter but he kept working and ended up producing easily one of the top 3 seasons of any Auburn QB.

Edited by lca408