2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. Between the three of them they were completely unaware of the need.😅

OK, so why weren't we constantly heavy after multiple OL like we were DB?

3/5 starters will be transfers.

Edited by W.E.D

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Anybody complaining on the COVID thread talking football in here? NOPE

We have ppl posting in a covid thread wanting football talk?

I don't get some ppl. It's not like one thread over takes this board. We've got probably 4 active threads at a time. Make a new thread with a topic you wanna talk about. Attempt to post something interesting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

OK, so why weren't we constantly heavy after multiple OL like we were DB?

3/5 starters will be transfers.

It’s obvious. One of the nations most successful head coaches and his two veteran SEC assistants didn’t try hard enough. They should’ve called and consulted you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s obvious. One of the nations most successful head coaches and his two veteran SEC assistants didn’t try hard enough. They should’ve called and consulted you. 

Not really sure why you're being defensive over a pretty simple discussion. I've never said they should have consulted me or I knew better.

IYO, our OL is fine?

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am just praying our defensive line is bad ass

I'm high in them. Hopefully they over match the offensive line and that's really it.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm high in them. Hopefully they over match the offensive line and that's really it.

I’m not gonna do it! Okay, how high in them are you?

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’m not gonna do it! Okay, how high in them are you?

I'm only slightly high

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not really sure why you're being defensive over a pretty simple discussion. I've never said they should have consulted me or I knew better.

IYO, our OL is fine?

No. I don’t think our o line is very good. Everyone pretty much agreed with that. I’m not being defensive. I’m being sarcastic. Do you really think as meticulous and thorough as Harsin, Bobo, and Friend are they all miscalculated the need for better o linemen? I’m sure they studied hundreds of hours of film on last years team and went through spring training with the players. The fact that we don’t have any grad transfers says they either didn’t feel like the talent and/or character were there, or they got beat on the few they may have wanted. It absolutely wouldn’t be because they all miscalculated the need. I am optimistic that our line will be improved this year due to a better scheme and better development. How much better remains to be seen. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Today there was a donor scrimmage. From a couple of reports I've read;

Torrance starting at DB, rest of defense as discussed. Lee Hunter back. He was in Covid protocol for a few days. Miller wasn't there so he might be in protocol too.

Offensive line was absolutely terrible in pass pro.

Robertson is our best WR. Some drops by the others, Kobe mentioned, but also good catches by all.

Saw some say Bo was OK. Bo was absolutely terrible, and from what they did you can't really judge anything...so idk was all over the place on Bo. Mainly inaccurate. Finley was better, quick release and strong arm, but was only slightly more accurate than Bo.

Bo probably starter bc OL is so awful. Hamm and Council still MIA probably bc of covid

The diff between talent on the defense and offense is night and day. 

Thanks for the update.  Hate to hear the news on the QB situation.  Bo was 57% last year...average improvement by years is three completion percent points per year.  We should expect; maybe, he gets to 60%.  I would certainly love him to get to 65%...nothing really sounds encouraging right now on that front.

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The fact that we don’t have any grad transfers

I mean, idk if you're still being sarcastic but plenty of our transfers that are about to start aren't grad transfers. 

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

or they got beat on the few they may have wanted.

That's another point of my post. Who did we even get beat for? There hadn't been a peep for the countless OL transfers in the protal.

We lost out on the Harvard kid, but that was almost a gus leftover...then nothing 

Edited by W.E.D

13 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Thanks for the update.  Hate to hear the news on the QB situation.  Bo was 57% last year...average improvement by years is three completion percent points per year.  We should expect; maybe, he gets to 60%.  I would certainly love him to get to 65%...nothing really sounds encouraging right now on that front.

He was actually 57% his freshman year and 60% the next year vs an all SEC slate. Actually think he dropped slight at the bowl and finished at 59.8 or something. 

So if he's at 60% he's essentially stalled

The good thing is we got some games ahead of us to get the o-line to gel. I don't think it is as good or bad as it may seem.

39 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I thought Bo was right at 60% last year (59.9), that should expect him to be about 63% his year if he stays in line that you quoted. I really expect more in 65 range due to change in system.

50 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He was actually 57% his freshman year and 60% the next year vs an all SEC slate. Actually think he dropped slight at the bowl and finished at 59.8 or something. 

So if he's at 60% he's essentially stalled

You are correct...he was 57.6 and moved to 59.9. 63 Might be a good outcome.

24 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought Bo was right at 60% last year (59.9), that should expect him to be about 63% his year if he stays in line that you quoted. I really expect more in 65 range due to change in system.

I  hope so to...that would at least get us to him being an average SEC QB.  Scrimmage feedback is not encouraging.

8 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I  hope so to...that would at least get us to him being an average SEC QB.  Scrimmage feedback is not encouraging.

Non conf games should pull his average up also as all SEC schools probably had it down at least 2-3 % pt.s.

19 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Apparently the offense coaches, including Harsin, bought into what Mikey is selling about the oline.

Did they move Jake Quattlebaum to left tackle?

• Haha 3

Thanks for the info WED, really appreciated. At this point, I am starting to think that DD would have had a serious chance if he didn't get sidelined. Call me crazy, laugh at me, downvote me. The reports just don't seem to get better on Bo, and imagine if DD was out there last night and/or today and lit it up again. I do understand the argument that we would be setting TJ up to fail since he is a statue and we have no pass pro.

Also, seems like we aren't hearing squat about tight ends. I wonder if it's because they aren't performing or if Bo is too busy bailing to look for them in the middle of the field. 

In terms of the o-line, I wouldn't get hopes up that getting back Bro Hamm will save us. Council will definitely help. Been real quiet on K. Jones and Brahms.  Not sure what to make of that. I'm curious on who will be the odd man out between Council, Jones, and Manning. Gotta hope Bobo can make us at least respectable on the offensive side of the ball

41 minutes ago, au302 said:

Thanks for the info WED, really appreciated. At this point, I am starting to think that DD would have had a serious chance if he didn't get sidelined. Call me crazy, laugh at me, downvote me. The reports just don't seem to get better on Bo, and imagine if DD was out there last night and/or today and lit it up again. I do understand the argument that we would be setting TJ up to fail since he is a statue and we have no pass pro.

Also, seems like we aren't hearing squat about tight ends. I wonder if it's because they aren't performing or if Bo is too busy bailing to look for them in the middle of the field. 

In terms of the o-line, I wouldn't get hopes up that getting back Bro Hamm will save us. Council will definitely help. Been real quiet on K. Jones and Brahms.  Not sure what to make of that. I'm curious on who will be the odd man out between Council, Jones, and Manning. Gotta hope Bobo can make us at least respectable on the offensive side of the ball

DD his ability to escape is important . He needs to play at the least in some wildcat 

• Like 1

Sure hope the O-Line can gel quick. With Tank and Shivers running setting up play action and how our defense seems to be legit from all accounts, we really could be a nice surprise this season. Especially being unranked and overlooked. Plays right into a good AU season lol.

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Neither. The tight ends are a more known quantity. The coaches are more interested in stressing and evaluating other position groups during camp so they're scripting 11 on 11 periods and full scrimmages with that in mind. That doesn't mean that the TEs are being ignored in practices atm or that they won't be a bigger part of the offense come game time. 

Same can be said for Bo. They're trying to deliberately put him in more situations that's he's uncomfortable in to see how he responds. He has to get used to having his back to the defense in the play-action game and turning around and identifying the coverage. Camp is still about install, techniques, fundamentals, etc.

They'll get more into the actual offensive and defensive identities when it becomes game week prep.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1