2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I do think people need to set a realistic expectation of what that progress should look like. 

I wonder what ppl thank that should be.

65% comp, solid increases in ypa/ypc, , hopefully resulting from better down field accuracy. 

Those are probably the actual quantifiable things .

There are a few things we need to see improvement on, that should manifest themselves into the above stats but will be hard to truly quantify. Not throwing off his back foot all the time. Having some semblance of pocket awareness. He's going to still bail to the right, hopefully it's less than before.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

..personal decision though to hurt your team!!

What happened here? Whose choices are hurting the team?

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

What happened here? Whose choices are hurting the team?

Is this a serious post?

Let's try to keep the COVID stuff on the other threads..

But yes I would like to see Bo get to the mid 60s in pass accuracy tbh and I believe that could absolutely happen with increased fundamentals and making the right throws.

I also want to see us getting back to running down hill and more TE usage rating (Again, I think this will help Bo).

I think the defense will be salty, but I want to see more turnovers turned into points and less third down conversions. I hope to also see a premier pass rusher. We seem to have been missing that as of late.

Lastly, Redzone OFFENSE

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

All in all, I have been really hard on Bo the last year. It sounds like progress is being made. I do think people need to set a realistic expectation of what that progress should look like. 

That's a good take. Unrealistic and unfair to expect him to be Burrow or win a Heisman obviously. When you have that many bad habits, it takes more than one offseason for a new coach to break you down and rebuild you the right way. The question is will his improvements be enough to be acceptable for Harsin and Bobo's standards? We'll have to wait and see

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Lastly, Redzone OFFENSE

What's wrong with 3 points 100% of the time????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bo making the right throws

So one thing that'll be pretty interesting is how Bo will go from a 1 read offense to having progressions. That's something he hasn't done a lot of.

Can he find the check down? We were told he'd have them last year, but either didn't or never looked to em

Just now, W.E.D said:

So one thing that'll be pretty interesting is how Bo will go from a 1 read offense to having progressions. That's something he hasn't done a lot of.

Can he find the check down? We were told he'd have them last year, but either didn't or never looked to em

Last year, I think we saw MOST of the time he did not. I am hoping he does have it this year. Making the easy throw and living to play another down versus trying to do too much. That in itself will help his completion rating. I believe having viable TE options will be extremely helpful. I am excited about the offense. Of course offensive line play matters as well. 

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Explain it for us…I’m probably not up to speed on SEC policy.

We had our second scrimmage without out HC and DC plus multi other coaches not present and now absent for 2 weeks, one being the first full week of game 1 prep.

3 of our 5 starting OL have missed practices and scrimmages. 2nd or 3rd team RB has missed two practices 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I said as far as Bo it will get worse before it get better because it's an entire different philosophy to get used to. I worried would there be enough time to get him caught up on fundamentals AND learn the intricacies of a real offense.

This is why I thought maybe it could be a QB battle as well because maybe if tj is already ahead as far as pro offense concepts then it might make it a closer competition. 

I don't think we'll see or know anything until actual games

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We had our second scrimmage without out HC and DC plus multi other coaches not present and now absent for 2 weeks, one being the first full week of game 1 prep.

3 of our 5 starting OL have missed practices and scrimmages. 2nd or 3rd team RB has missed two practices 

So the vax would help eliminate spread? Weird, b/c that contradicts CDC spokespersons.  It also contradicts what’s happening in real life in Israel right now where they have a much higher vax rate yet are not sure whether to Re-open schools and are considering lock downs.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, AUDevil said:

So the vax would help eliminate spread? Weird, b/c the contradicts CDC spokespersons.  It also contradicts what’s happening in real life in Israel right now where they have a much higher vax rate yet are not sure whether to Re-open schools and are considering lock downs.

I love how you complain about debates and then come into the scrimmage thread to start one about COVID. There is a covid thread for that.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

. I believe having viable TE options will be extremely helpful. I

1st play during A Day.oh look and easy 10td completion to a TE. How advanced 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I said as far as Bo it will get worse before it get better because it's an entire different philosophy to get used to. I worried would there be enough time to get him caught up on fundamentals AND learn the intricacies of a real offense.

This is why I thought maybe it could be a QB battle as well because maybe if tj is already ahead as far as pro offense concepts then it might make it a closer competition. 

I don't think we'll see or know anything until actual games

Definitely will be a disaster if he's sub 60% comp for the first two games. If that happens not sure he'll be the qb vs Penn State

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What's wrong with 3 points 100% of the time????

I’m all for it. My man crush this year is the kicker! Let’s go field goal team! 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So the vax would help eliminate spread? Weird, b/c that contradicts CDC spokespersons.  It also contradicts what’s happening in real life in Israel right now where they have a much higher vax rate yet are not sure whether to Re-open schools and are considering lock downs.

No it doesn't. That's you conflating what the vaccine said.

Just bc you can still get it and spread it, doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't help limit spread. 

We aren't Israel. Look at our numbers.90% of infected ppl are unvaccinated 

• Like 2

Not even sure which thread is Covid one but since Israel was brought up here. I read a great article about how they were vaccinated way earlier than every other country and now discovered protection goes way down over time.  I should have saved it so could copy and paste it for those that bring up Israel.  

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Not even sure which thread is Covid one but since Israel was brought up here. I read a great article about how they were vaccinated way earlier than every other country and now discovered protection goes way down over time.  I should have saved it so could copy and paste it for those that bring up Israel.  

When you find it post it on the COVID thread. This one is for scrimmage responses and discussion for future opponents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I love how you complain about debates and then come into the scrimmage thread to start one about COVID. There is a covid thread for that.

Spotted a puzzling statement and asked for more info because the statement made no sense whatsoever.  Got a problem with it?

• Facepalm 2

28 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Spotted a puzzling statement and asked for more info because the statement made no sense whatsoever.  Got a problem with it?

No, but I think it is funny and hypocritical that you complain about it then do it yourself. 

It's sort of like Batman, swoop in and be the hero and call out all evil doers! You guys argue and complain and talk about football! 

Today there was a donor scrimmage. From a couple of reports I've read;

Torrance starting at DB, rest of defense as discussed. Lee Hunter back. He was in Covid protocol for a few days. Miller wasn't there so he might be in protocol too.

Offensive line was absolutely terrible in pass pro.

Robertson is our best WR. Some drops by the others, Kobe mentioned, but also good catches by all.

Saw some say Bo was OK. Bo was absolutely terrible, and from what they did you can't really judge anything...so idk was all over the place on Bo. Mainly inaccurate. Finley was better, quick release and strong arm, but was only slightly more accurate than Bo.

Bo probably starter bc OL is so awful. Hamm and Council still MIA probably bc of covid

The diff between talent on the defense and offense is night and day. 

Edited by W.E.D

Can someone please tell me why we didn't take or heavily target a single OL from the portal???? Was this a massive miscalculation by Harsin, Bobo, and friend?

I don't think we're at the 85...but we'll have NT, DT. SS, CB, Nickel as transfer starters and maybe a few more contributors. Offesne we'll our best WR and maybe the starting QB at some point.

That's an impressive amount of talented added to the team...but not a single OL or two could have been brought in???

We'll see how it plays out, but probably the most confusing part to the off-season roster building 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Was this a massive miscalculation by Harsin, Bobo, and friend

Yes. Between the three of them they were completely unaware of the need.😅

• Haha 2