2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ro Terrance

Really excited to watch him grow and develop 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

No fumbles this time

I guess this is bc Tank recovered both of his?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Outside a final drive, I'm not sure Bo was very good that game.

It's all going to come down to how much he's improved. He's not going to be perfect, we can't let perfect be the enemy of good in our criticism of him.

He has a decade or more of playing QB and as McElroy pointed out using his athleticism vs proper pocket awareness. Can that go from 100% bad to 50/50? Can he improve from being WOAT on the road to being OK?

Can he make plays down field at a better rate?

Seems like there has been some good Bo and some Bad Bo in all these reports. In two weeks we'll see how much of each one we get.

We can not have Bo be the same passer and QB he's been the last two years. He has to be better or he'll get replaced. Hopefully we have a back up QB that can be better

i think bo was hurt without spring practice last year. i am all for letting the best option play but do you really want finley after we destroyed him last year in the lsu game? finley is spotty as well. both can grow out of it. i have high hopes for dd and i think he will be great with some seasoning and coaching.

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I guess this is bc Tank recovered both of his?

Just saw on page one where a poster from another site said he had two. I'm just saying from what I'm seeing there were none.

It is what it is. We know Tank is fine from what we have seen.

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think bo was hurt without spring practice last year. i am all for letting the best option play but do you really want finley after we destroyed him last year in the lsu game? finley is spotty as well. both can grow out of it. i have high hopes for dd and i think he will be great with some seasoning and coaching.

Finley is Bo with more zip on his passes but way less escapability. If we had a stout OL I think the competition would be closer.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Some folks always get the benefit of the doubt and some folks... not so much.

bo has shown flashes of greatness. even Mcelroy said this recently. for the record i have no axe to grind with any qb that earns a starting bid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Finley is Bo with more zip but way less escapability. If we had a stout OL I think the competition would be closer.

i think out o line should improve some when the quit playing musical chairs. but i am just a fan and i never want anyone to view my takes as expert.

• Like 2

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i think out o line should improve some when the quit playing musical chairs. but i am just a fan and i never want anyone to view my takes as expert.

I'm trying to be positive so I tend to agree. Just prepared for more of the same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

WAIT WHAT

I WANT A FULL REFUND ON MY extremely meager DONATION TO THIS SITE

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm trying to be positive so I tend to agree. Just prepared for more of the same.

well lets hope that week four game and we are a work in progress mess does not raise it's ugly head. it seemed like it became a habit with gus.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

bo has shown flashes of greatness. even Mcelroy said this recently. for the record i have no axe to grind with any qb that earns a starting bid.

He's shown he can be a competent QB. Make good passes when he sets his feet.

He hasn't shown any thing close to greatness 

The only thing I ask for this years football season is to not get blown out in any game. Either we have a heck of a defense and they will keep us in games or our offense is really really bad and it is fabricating hype about out D.  Guess we find out both answers Sept. 18th. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Just saw on page one where a poster from another site said he had two. I'm just saying from what I'm seeing there were none.

It is what it is. We know Tank is fine from what we have seen.

The one that said 2 Tank fumbles also said Tank recovered both so no TO. So, both could be correct. 

57 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I do not have a clue as to who is the best QB,  But I have noticed a lot of "almost hatred"  towards Bo in this forum lately and it seems to be getting worse.   It is starting to seem like some are actively pulling for Bo to fail.

Criticism is one thing,  but when someone posts constant negative things it seems more like an agenda than criticism.   It is disrespectful and an embarrassment. 

Bo is an Auburn Man.  More so than most of us.  Criticism is fine,  but he does not deserve the spitefully tainted criticism I have seen on this and other boards. 

May the best QB win.

I honestly think that this is because it's transferred Gus hate. Since Gus picked him over Gatewood and he was Gus's guy, the association is subconsciously there. Couple that with the fact he was supposed to be better (as a five star and a legacy) and all of that debacle around how not benching him or trying "something else" was handled. 

He hasn't really been any worse than Sean White. Edit to add: which is not saying that that is an appropriate ceiling.

Edited by Auctoritas

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This is where it got good. Clutch period: First team offense had 1:15 to drive 75 yards. Bo drove us down the field throwing darts. Robertson, Robertson, shed jackson, capers all made nice catches in that order. It was heroic. Made the hair on my neck stand up. Personnel let him down as he faced a heavy rush as we got closer to end zone + base offense.

He drove us down on another clutch period series and stepped up into the pocket nicely. Never seen him step up like that. O Line has a lot of work still. But thought Bo looked good against 1s and 2s. Gave me hope.

This is what drove me crazy last year. It's clear Bo excels when he doesn't have to think and can just go out and react and ball. Takes the mental clock out of it. 

That's been my sincere hope for this year and better drilling and training - that when he gets into those situations (or situation-adjacent) the training takes over and the fundamentals don't break down. Street ball is all well and good, but there's a reason that (for instance) Matt Ryan is so good at a 2 minute offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I do not have a clue as to who is the best QB,  But I have noticed a lot of "almost hatred"  towards Bo in this forum lately and it seems to be getting worse.   It is starting to seem like some are actively pulling for Bo to fail.

Criticism is one thing,  but when someone posts constant negative things it seems more like an agenda than criticism.   It is disrespectful and an embarrassment. 

Bo is an Auburn Man.  More so than most of us.  Criticism is fine,  but he does not deserve the spitefully tainted criticism I have seen on this and other boards. 

May the best QB win.

This is true and it is getting old. There are some here that think they are “experts” on all subjects and know more than the coaches. Some seem to have a personal animus towards Bo. To me they seem to violating the board rules about talking bad about players ( I think there is some rule about that ).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

May the best QB win.

you can take it to the bank i hate no players. i  never have and never will. it is hard to hate something or someone in relation to my beloved tigers. i think the last couple years have been rough and people are just worn down. i hope so. tiger fans are some of the most loyal i have ever seen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

This is true and it is getting old. There are some here that think they are “experts” on all subjects and know more than the coaches. Some seem to have a personal animus towards Bo. To me they seem to violating the board rules about talking bad about players ( I think there is some rule about that ).

in my own personal opinion bo is the best chance we have. finley might make a run but he needs work. i will pull for all of them because if someone gets hurt then we go to the next guy. i think dd will make some noise later but he is still getting used to college but the coaches sure seem impressed with him showing some stuff. i think once we get that first win and how we win will give us a lot of info we just do not have right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you can take it to the bank i hate no players. i  never have and never will. it is hard to hate something or someone in relation to my beloved tigers. i think the last couple years have been rough and people are just worn down. i hope so. tiger fans are some of the most loyal i have ever seen.

My post was not directed at you.   I just used your post as a lead in to what I have seen on the board.   I didn't want to call anyone out specifically by replying directly to their posts, because it is just a few posters and a compilation of their posts. 

WDE 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Anyone have any info on QB compares during the scrimmage...info on Finley's performance?

i have found nothing jap. not one word after the scrimmage and that is really odd. they might be scrambling because of covid or not wanting to put the coahes out there right now. who knows? but again. it is really odd. with covid i imagine they have to check again after the scrimmage maybe? i have no idea how it works but it worries me. i mean we have a head coach in training and he does not get to address the masses? maybe harsin is different.

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

My post was not directed at you.   I just used your post as a lead in to what I have seen on the board.   I didn't want to call anyone out specifically by replying directly to their posts, because it is just a few posters and a compilation of their posts. 

WDE 

i did not think so i just wanted everyone to know where i stood. and i get ya. i know some 0f whom you speak. i think the board needs to put out a statement that even if you donate to help the site you still have to abide by the rules like we always have. but that is just me thinking someone might pay and it gives them rights they might not have.

Who cares if anyone hates Bo. He's QB1. 

Also, all this scrimmage "Intel" needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Bo will start against Akron. That's almost a certainty. I'm saving my criticism for what I actually see on the field. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i still look back at bo in his game against Oregon.he played his butt off as a true freshman. Oregon was a great team and  Bo led us to a come from behind victory. i still think he has tons of potential if he gets the right coaching. if he does not i will always feel maybe we let him down somehow.

I was on the sidelines at that game. We really won that game in spite of Bo. If anybody led us that game it was Seth Williams, of course he'll never get that type of credit. But Bo did make 2 vital plays that were amazing. Still to this day I feel like the best throw he ever made was during this game. 

And that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, but there are many players that have shown potential, Bo isn't special, he's had every form of entitlement so far but, he can't underperform and every situation other players are thrown under the bus.

And if that can be said of him then EVERY player should get the latitude. If people failed Bo while giving him every advantage and opportunity then players like Willis and gatewood and Johnson and white were beyond failed. And we would also be letting down players such as our wr's to just blame them without cause because Bo could one day, potentially be good

• Like 3
  • Dislike 5