2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

17 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I bet we do but I’m afraid it will be full of “or” at a lot of positions. 

Probably so. I've never quite understood how that works to be honest. I always thought that was something the media did so that they could save face if the official depth chart came out and was different than their predictions. But I especially noticed it a lot during the Gus years. Maybe Harsin will be more straight forward?

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:40 AM, cole256 said:

Well I know the o line certainly can improve but they weren't as bad as it's made out to be on here. It was they were so bad the uga game that many just rode with that but they improved literally every game. 

Judging from how the coaches approached the o line this year I think they agreed with that. But everybody not just the QB will have to adjust to playing real football so it will be up and down.

O Lineman says otherwise, apparently they didn't even understand the game.  

“One of the biggest things we were lacking, maybe, is football IQ,” center Nick Brahms said. “I think Coach Friend has done a great job in teaching us the game of football. That can help us make the game slow down for us a little bit and really help the guys know what's coming.”

That's not opinion, that's fact coming straight from the player's mouth.  

There have been dozens of very talented pro quarterbacks completely destroyed by poor offensive lines.  It's pretty much the norm when high draft choices (high for a reason) are seemingly wasted on QB's.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

On 8/21/2021 at 11:12 AM, cole256 said:

I've asked you a couple of times to stop lying and misquoting me. I won't ask again

Sounds like a threat?

• Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

O Lineman says otherwise, apparently they didn't even understand the game.  

“One of the biggest things we were lacking, maybe, is football IQ,” center Nick Brahms said. “I think Coach Friend has done a great job in teaching us the game of football. That can help us make the game slow down for us a little bit and really help the guys know what's coming.”

That's not opinion, that's fact coming straight from the player's mouth.  

There have been dozens of very talented pro quarterbacks completely destroyed by poor offensive lines.  It's pretty much the norm when high draft choices (high for a reason) are seemingly wasted on QB's.

I'm one of the first people to say they weren't prepared for the pros. Long before this but when the other o linemen talked about it years ago. I'm the one who said if you ever want the real story talk to players, and I was told these guys were out to get Gus and were jealous. You didn't show up for that convo to argue for whatever reason......

Now beside all of that, none of what you said or highlighted goes against what I said. They started out horrible and they progressed as the season went on. 

There are plenty of QB's that would have loved to have our o line. There are plenty of QB's that has done good things with a mediocre o line. 

But I won't argue with you, if you want to pretend that Bo didn't have fault in his game and it was everybody else fault you can do that. Film will show different. Not opinion but fact. I know the o line could've been better and I also know Bo could have been better as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sounds like a threat?

You concerned? You quoting this saying that does what exactly?

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But I won't argue with you, if you want to pretend that Bo didn't have fault in his game and it was everybody else fault you can do that. 

Who's arguing or pretending?  You're just making up s***.....

I didn't ever even mention Bo Nix; he really had nothing to do with my post.  It was 100% about the Brahm's quote and pointing out the fallacy of the notion that last year's O-line was anything other than a liability.

56 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Who's arguing or pretending?  You're just making up s***.....

I didn't ever even mention Bo Nix; he really had nothing to do with my post.  It was 100% about the Brahm's quote and pointing out the fallacy of the notion that last year's O-line was anything other than a liability.

Ok you want to play that game. You said this

There have been dozens of very talented pro quarterbacks completely destroyed by poor offensive lines.  It's pretty much the norm when high draft choices (high for a reason) are seemingly wasted on QB's.

But Bo has nothing to do with the post, so since I guess you didn't know Bo is our quarterback. But I can see what you want to do. Like I said you can believe what you want, I'm not going to argue with you

But like I said the quote you used doesn't have anything to do with what you quoted me about. And him saying he's gotten smarter doesn't come close to meaning last year I was a liability. That's not even close.

Since our new coaches everybody from the QB to our all American linebackers have said they have learned a bunch and gotten wiser, that doesn't mean last year they were anything but a liability