2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

10 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Or maybe he just wasn't that good...which is also ok.

Seems like every damn QB we bring in flops or regresses. What’s going on?

48 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Or maybe he just wasn't that good...which is also ok.

There was a practice the day after where Boosters had full access. So a little more info that'll the press getting 20 min 

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

So is there any reason for optimism offensively?

One of the best RBs in the country, improved conditioning and coaching, better schemes, another year of experience for the OL and starting QB, improved QB depth, talented TE and WR corp. 

I mean, I definitely have my concerns, but there are reasons for optimism, if you're bent that way. 

• Like 9

Just going to fall back on what I said when Harsin was hired.  Anything better than 6-6 is good as long as we are playing hard nosed football and people know they have been in a damn fight when it's over.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Just going to fall back on what I said when Harsin was hired.  Anything better than 6-6 is good as long as we are playing hard nosed football and people know they have been in a damn fight when it's over.  

*For his first couple of years.

3 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

We are going to be a disaster, aren't we?

i think we are going to play harder and tougher than we have see in a while. also most people that know football claim we have a killer d and they will keep us in games. and i think maybe the coaching staff will be friendlier calling plays for bo. we also have two games against teams we should beat to help figure out what bo can and cannot do. i imagine our d knows most of what the offense is going to do so they have a bit of an advantage.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i think we are going to play harder and tougher than we have see in a while. also most people that know football claim we have a killer d and they will keep us in games. and i think maybe the coaching staff will be friendlier calling plays for bo. we also have two games against teams we should beat to help figure out what bo can and cannot do. i imagine our d knows most of what the offense is going to do so they have a bit of an advantage.

BTW, coachjay on TD has been looking for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

IMO, won’t know how Bo is doing until we play PSU. It is about the defensive line getting to the QB and we should be able to manage that in our 1st 2 games.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO, won’t know how Bo is doing until we play PSU. It is about the defensive line getting to the QB and we should be able to manage that in our 1st 2 games.

I kinda disagree.  Bo would escape out of even the cleanest pockets vs bad competition.  Our OL would also break down vs bad competition.  So, I think we could gain a little bit from his actions in game 1 and 2.  It doesn't matter until game 3, but he has a lot to improve on and never really dominated bad teams like he should have.

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I kinda disagree.  Bo would escape out of even the cleanest pockets vs bad competition.  Our OL would also break down vs bad competition.  So, I think we could gain a little bit from his actions in game 1 and 2.  It doesn't matter until game 3, but he has a lot to improve on and never really dominated bad teams like he should have.

This is going to sound crazy but I would like to just see him stand in there and just take a sack one time. I want to see him give the play more time than it really needs to develop. When correcting engrained mistakes you have to take things to the extreme over and over to even start seeing minimal improvement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t want to see this over and over but if we see it once early I think it could be a sign we are getting better at trusting the pocket

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, wcware said:

I don’t want to see this over and over but if we see it once early I think it could be a sign we are getting better at trusting the pocket

i wonder if bo ever got his bell rung hard enough a doctor warned him not to take those kind of hits anymore if he can help it because of concussions and that sort of thing that could do permanent damage? and for the record i am not saying bo is soft. mr terry beasely is suffering so bad he can barely talk from taking too many shots to the head. i imagine bo was coached not to take a sack and they did not pay much attention to his footwork because in high school he was good enough to get away with it. i am just thinking out loud here and every thing else has been discussed about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i imagine bo was coached not to take a sack and they did not pay much attention to his footwork because in high school he was good enough to get away with it.

I remember when he was in high school he was celebrated as rarely being sacked in career as a starter, and not at all his senior year. Seemed like a badge of honor at the time but not so much now. 
https://www.al.com/sports/2018/10/how-auburn-qb-commit-bo-nix-hasnt-been-sacked-this-season.html

Edited by Gowebb11

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I remember when he was in high school he was celebrated as never having been sacked in his entire career as a starter. Seemed like a badge of honor at the time but not so much now. 

Simultaneously, Bo set a HS record for the least number of pockets thrown from in his career... 😜

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I remember when he was in high school he was celebrated as never having been sacked in his entire career as a starter.

Was that really a thing?  Never heard that

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yep. It’s for real. I remember it being covered in some of the recruiting articles about him. And apparently he started at Scottsboro as an 8th grader before transferring to Pinson Valley so he was a starter for 5 years. I hope he learns this season that getting sacked is sometimes a good thing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I stand corrected. Not sacked his senior season. Here’s the link. 
https://www.al.com/sports/2018/10/how-auburn-qb-commit-bo-nix-hasnt-been-sacked-this-season.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i wonder if bo ever got his bell rung hard enough a doctor warned him not to take those kind of hits anymore if he can help it because of concussions and that sort of thing that could do permanent damage? and for the record i am not saying bo is soft. mr terry beasely is suffering so bad he can barely talk from taking too many shots to the head. i imagine bo was coached not to take a sack and they did not pay much attention to his footwork because in high school he was good enough to get away with it. i am just thinking out loud here and every thing else has been discussed about it.

It’s definitely possible. I think in High School obviously he didn’t have the pieces around him like you do at any SEC school and maybe game management or just trusting the guys around you to get the job done ( not having to do something special every play) is just something he is leaning to do. Along with all the poor fundamentals to correct 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It’s completely shocking that you would disagree WED, but great explanation for your opinion.

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s completely shocking that you would disagree WED, but great explanation for your opinion.

I'm always here to explain 

7 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

BTW, coachjay on TD has been looking for you. 

i forgot my password. but i will see if i can rememdy that. thanks

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Is there a good chance we see an official depth chart sometime this week?

I bet we do but I’m afraid it will be full of “or” at a lot of positions. 

• Like 1