2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

35 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

will say offense is different from anything we have seen since before chizik

Is this a good thing or do we have an offense of the early 2000s?

• Like 2

I don't see how anyone here can be in dumps on 2nd and 3rd hand information on a scrimmage. Wait until they suck in a game before getting the mully grubs.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Lot of people out, coaches out stuff is just discombobulated right now so I'm not holding anything against anybody. Just happy people got reps.

I really wish you guys would let Bo mess up and just let it be on Bo and move on. It's still the o line, the wr's etc. That's sad. Just let everybody on the team be the same

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gotta remember the dlinemen have seen these plays over and over too.

• Like 2

I don't care who's playing QB, I just hope our offensive line has it together by Penn State. Glad we have a couple of games to get our feet under us in that regard. 

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Gotta remember the dlinemen have seen these plays over and over too.

No doubt. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Grant Loy is still on the team?

Default team dad now that Sandberg is gone

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lot of people out, coaches out stuff is just discombobulated right now so I'm not holding anything against anybody. Just happy people got reps.

I really wish you guys would let Bo mess up and just let it be on Bo and move on. It's still the o line, the wr's etc. That's sad. Just let everybody on the team be the same

Who said that Bo can't mess up?

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Is this a good thing or do we have an offense of the early 2000s?

I have no idea. I have heard some reports that there are Al Borges Off similarities. I am ok with that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's easy to read what I said and read the posts and see exactly what I'm talking about

• Like 2

Not discouraged. Now's the time to find, and work out the kinks. An outbreak is bound to happen with every club. Better now, with time to recover, than during the schedule. Keep grinding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are we still using that to excuse Bo being unable to throw consistently 

If every other QB under Gus after Nick hadn’t either regressed or outright flopped I would agree.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If every other QB under Gus after Nick hadn’t either regressed or outright flopped I would agree.

how did the QBs do that transferred out from here then 

Bo wasn't accurate BEFORE he played for Gus man

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

how did the QBs do that transferred out from here then 

Bo wasn't accurate BEFORE he played for Gus man

So you're saying that every QB we had under Gus just HAPPENED to flop? (Don't forget about Malik Willis who's done great at Liberty.) In that case, fine, we should just assume Geriner will flop too. We'll never get a good QB again. 🙄

Trying to find something to be optimistic about tonight.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So you're saying that every QB we had under Gus just HAPPENED to flop? (Don't forget about Malik Willis who's done great at Liberty.) In that case, fine, we should just assume Geriner will flop too. We'll never get a good QB again. 🙄

Trying to find something to be optimistic about tonight.

That isn't true, it's not why I didn't address it. I think about half did 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That isn't true, it's not why I didn't address it. I think about half did 

Just to be clear, I'm assuming you consider Stidham to have been a success? No snark meant, I'm just asking.

Edited by AUwent

30 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Just to be clear, I'm assuming you consider Stidham to have been a success? No snark meant, I'm just asking.

Nick was a success, Jeremy was a failure, Sean was a success (more than a failure), Stidham is undecided to me, and he maximized what I think Bo is 

I think so many things got worse around Jarrett in 2018 that it’d be more accurate to say, he failed to recreate that cast that allowed JS to be in his best position. Aside from KJ, that was a upper tier OL in conference, and it’s clear he didn’t have the same WR chemistry. Jarrett was clearly mentally worse, and Gus didn’t put a scheme together to allow for easier plays. If you want to say that was a failure, it’s fine to me, but it’s less black and white than Jeremy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

He's saying it is all Bo's fault. Bo is bad. Let's move on. No reason to talk about other players who are also bad bc it's all Bo's fault

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

i still look back at bo in his game against Oregon.he played his butt off as a true freshman. Oregon was a great team and  Bo led us to a come from behind victory. i still think he has tons of potential if he gets the right coaching. if he does not i will always feel maybe we let him down somehow.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Thank god we open with 2 cupcakes. If we played Clemson, Miami, or UCLA we would be royally f’ed

Maybe, but we're still missing 2 critical weeks of fall

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i still look back at bo in his game against Oregon.he played his butt off as a true freshman. Oregon was a great team and  Bo led us to a come from behind victory. i still think he has tons of potential if he gets the right coaching. if he does not i will always feel maybe we let him down somehow.

That is the epitome of what Cole is talking about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Outside a final drive, I'm not sure Bo was very good that game.

It's all going to come down to how much he's improved. He's not going to be perfect, we can't let perfect be the enemy of good in our criticism of him.

He has a decade or more of playing QB and as McElroy pointed out using his athleticism vs proper pocket awareness. Can that go from 100% bad to 50/50? Can he improve from being WOAT on the road to being OK?

Can he make plays down field at a better rate?

Seems like there has been some good Bo and some Bad Bo in all these reports. In two weeks we'll see how much of each one we get.

We can not have Bo be the same passer and QB he's been the last two years. He has to be better or he'll get replaced. Hopefully we have a back up QB that can be better

The benefit of doubt given to the offensive line is starting to fade with more reports. Sunshine pumping logic is that our defense is just really good and Tank/Shivers having very limited carries allows the defense to pin their ears back. Regardless, have to give the QBs time. 

TJ sacked a few times. Bo sacked once. Ro Terrance picked off Bo in situational goal line passing. Terrance balled out. Our secondary is stupid deep.

No fumbles this time. 

Receivers have to come down with big plays to help the offense. Still waiting for them to step up more. DRob is a nice pickup and JJ Evans finally got some moments to shine.

Sean Jackson will have a scholarship eventually. He's tearing it up. Hunter didn't play in the scrimmage again I'm thinking he might be hurt.

No Dematrius Davis. Must be hurt or quarantined. 

My man crush Eku Leota picked up a sack.

TJ and Bo will both do well for us so long as the OL is even average.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2