2nd Scrimmage News & Reports....

W.E.D

Trying to get a catchall for leaked info and results of the 2nd scrimmage.  They are about 15 minutes in right now.

• Like 1

From news on other sites, Doesn't sound like it was very good offensively.

Bo threw another pick in redzone and missed some throws.

WRs dropped passes.

OL was missing pieces so the juco twins got work and didn't impress.

Defense did impress again.

Ro Torrence had a pick 6.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

From news on other sites, Doesn't sound like it was very good offensively.

Bo threw another pick in redzone and missed some throws.

WRs dropped passes.

OL was missing pieces so the juco twins got work and didn't impress.

Defense did impress again.

Ro Torrence had a pick 6.

Awesome. 

Thank God we've got Schmedding there to right the ship these last 2 weeks

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Awesome. 

Thank God we've got Schmedding there to right the ship these last 2 weeks

Thank god we open with 2 cupcakes. If we played Clemson, Miami, or UCLA we would be royally f’ed

• Like 1

Sounds like the defense had two or three more picks with one maybe a pick six.

Seems the walk on RB-Sean having another big night too. Scoring on two goal line plays.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

it would appear hunter,councel, and hamm are out with covid. also multiple staff has covid. wr. dropping passing and bo so so. it is said tank fumbled twice. this is from another site so take it with a grain of salt. my guy is silent tonight.

sean jackson continues to i,press.

• Like 1

bo threw away too many passes because he had no one to throw to. on the bright side the defense must be hell on wheels.

J.G Tate said on his YouTube video earlier that Finley played great and Bo played okay. Or something like that. Everything else in the video was about Harsin and members of the team getting Covid.

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Finley apparently played great.

So far that’s everyone who has had a good game, but the guy who’s going to start. Lmao

• Haha 1

Was hoping the offense would at least seem slightly improved. Seems like it was much of the same or even worse. Really disappointed about the Juco tackles. This was their chance. Maybe they give Colby Smith a look at this point. I think Tank will be fine, and we have so much talent at WR that I'm still optimistic there. The quarterback news is depressing. Really want Bo to succeed for both his and Auburn's sakes, but I'd have to think there will be some difficult conversations amongst the staff this weekend regarding that topic. Hopefully Bobo and Harsin (via zoom) can get together, finalize the two deep, put together a plan to try and hide our weaknesses as much as possible

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it would appear hunter,councel, and hamm are out with covid. also multiple staff has covid. wr. dropping passing and bo so so. it is said tank fumbled twice. this is from another site so take it with a grain of salt. my guy is silent tonight.

Dang we’re gonna have to get Tank some freaking stickum.

667A8937-A065-43AE-9BE9-AAACDD5C8CB5.jpeg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Kinda disappointing/scary for Hamm since he's a cancer survivor 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Here are some notes from a poster on another site. TWIW.

I thought we started sloppy. Coaches and players out with covid I guess. Only players I noticed were Demetrius Davis and bro Hamm.
Starting o line was troxell-manning-Brahms-jones- Coffey. They would block well one play and the next would be a all out rush.
Lots of mixing and matching of ones and twos
tank fumbled twice and recovered both.One was a bad pitch.
I will say offense is different from anything we have seen since before chizik. Even during the early practice struggles that was assuring. Some receivers made plays and some made drops.
Some notable plays: - in red zone 3rd and short, jailbreak rush and offense lost the drive.
-Grant Loy to jackson McFadden for a touchdown
-Jackson broke a big run for a first down vs the 1s. Line parted the sea for him.
- tried a trick play. Pitch then throw back to nix and he hit deal in the numbers. Dropped.
-5 wide in the red zone. Jailbreak rush sacked Bo. He threw a strike to tank after dodging the rush. Think he may have gotten away from it live and scored.
- Next play ro Torrance pick six. Not sure who was at fault as it was at the other end.
-Joko Willis picked off loy
- aiden Marshall hit two bombs. Other punter did well too.

This is where it got good. Clutch period: First team offense had 1:15 to drive 75 yards. Bo drove us down the field throwing darts. Robertson, Robertson, shed jackson, capers all made nice catches in that order. It was heroic. Made the hair on my neck stand up. Personnel let him down as he faced a heavy rush as we got closer to end zone + base offense.
He drove us down on another clutch period series and stepped up into the pocket nicely. Never seen him step up like that. O Line has a lot of work still. But thought Bo looked good against 1s and 2s. Gave me hope.
Then the 1s ate TJ Finley and the second team alive.

Well, this makes me feel a little better.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Here are some notes from a poster on another site. TWIW.

I thought we started sloppy. Coaches and players out with covid I guess. Only players I noticed were Demetrius Davis and bro Hamm.
Starting o line was troxell-manning-Brahms-jones- Coffey. They would block well one play and the next would be a all out rush.
Lots of mixing and matching of ones and twos
tank fumbled twice and recovered both.One was a bad pitch.
I will say offense is different from anything we have seen since before chizik. Even during the early practice struggles that was assuring. Some receivers made plays and some made drops.
Some notable plays: - in red zone 3rd and short, jailbreak rush and offense lost the drive.
-Grant Loy to jackson McFadden for a touchdown
-Jackson broke a big run for a first down vs the 1s. Line parted the sea for him.
- tried a trick play. Pitch then throw back to nix and he hit deal in the numbers. Dropped.
-5 wide in the red zone. Jailbreak rush sacked Bo. He threw a strike to tank after dodging the rush. Think he may have gotten away from it live and scored.
- Next play ro Torrance pick six. Not sure who was at fault as it was at the other end.
-Joko Willis picked off loy
- aiden Marshall hit two bombs. Other punter did well too.

This is where it got good. Clutch period: First team offense had 1:15 to drive 75 yards. Bo drove us down the field throwing darts. Robertson, Robertson, shed jackson, capers all made nice catches in that order. It was heroic. Made the hair on my neck stand up. Personnel let him down as he faced a heavy rush as we got closer to end zone + base offense.
He drove us down on another clutch period series and stepped up into the pocket nicely. Never seen him step up like that. O Line has a lot of work still. But thought Bo looked good against 1s and 2s. Gave me hope.
Then the 1s ate TJ Finley and the second team alive.

So a mixed bag Bo looked good at times and sloppy at times D looked good O-Line was inconsistent.  So like the scrimmage I have mixed feelings. O-Line shows at times they can do good then they have mass breakdown.  Hopefully O-line gets better week to week as they get more reps as a unit.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

So a mixed bag Bo looked good at times and sloppy at times D looked good O-Line was inconsistent.  So like the scrimmage I have mixed feelings. O-Line shows at times they can do good then they have mass breakdown.  Hopefully O-line gets better week to week as they get more reps as a unit.

Pretty fair. I think the Offense as a whole will be better once we get our main 5 guys on the OL and get them gelling. That will help Bo. I also read that tonight he looked much improved on things like stepping up into the pocket and that he wasn't getting a ton of help. Not just a horrible day after all. Definitely some positives to take away IMO.

• Like 4