Chances Harsin gives his post scrimmage presser via zoom from home??

W.E.D

Just read this article and it should be eye opening. Of course it won’t be to many. But delta looks like it’s about spread like wildfire. I don’t see us finishing this football season, personally.

https://health-desk.org/articles/how-contagious-is-the-delta-variant-compared-to-other-infectious-diseases

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Some gave all

They sure as hell did 🤬

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just read this article and it should be eye opening. Of course it won’t be to many. But delta looks like it’s about spread like wildfire. I don’t see us finishing this football season, personally.

https://health-desk.org/articles/how-contagious-is-the-delta-variant-compared-to-other-infectious-diseases

The positive cases of covid In Alabama appear to be falling so hopefully that continues.

35 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I hate this.  I don't think we will cancel the season because of $  (buying back tickets that were already sold etc.) I suspect at some point we may go back to reduced number of fans.   

Oregon has already implemented a vaccine requirement to attend games.  I'd be sure to get it early in case Auburn decides to go this route in the future.

• Haha 1

Personally, I don't understand refusing the vax when you're around THAT many people on a daily basis. The delta variant is much more contagious and has hospitalized a younger demographic.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Oregon has already implemented a vaccine requirement to attend games.  I'd be sure to get it early in case Auburn decides to go this route in the future.

FWIW - ADAG announced today that there's no plans for fan limitations, mask requirements or vaccination cards for Auburn football games this fall.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

FWIW - ADAG announced today that there's no plans for fan limitations, mask requirements or vaccination cards for Auburn football games this fall.

Thanks.   

11 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

He is the head coach. He is in charge of teenagers. Do they get a choice to practice or not when it is 98 degrees? Then for the sake of safety  everyone needs to get vaccinated He needs to put his foot down. You thing lil Nicky didn't? Lil Nicky doesn't  want to have to forfeit a game or loose multiple starters because of having to quarantine 10-14  days because he has a championship mentality. 

Yes. They absolutely have a choice whether they practice or not. They do not have to be on the team. They do not have to get free college for playing a game. 

As for them being teenagers, the majority are old enough to go fight for our country, I think that is old enough to make the choice if they want to put something into their bodies or not. 

Every one saying Harsin has "failed to lead" and "set an example". He has led and he has set an example. You just do not like the example he set. 

I respect what he has done. He is taking advice from medical professionals, and passing that info to the team to inform them to the best of his ability about the choice they need to make. I respect that much more than a coach that would force them to take it. 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes. They absolutely have a choice whether they practice or not. They do not have to be on the team. They do not have to get free college for playing a game. 

As for them being teenagers, the majority are old enough to go fight for our country, I think that is old enough to make the choice if they want to put something into their bodies or not. 

Every one saying Harsin has "failed to lead" and "set an example". He has led and he has set an example. You just do not like the example he set. 

I respect what he has done. He is taking advice from medical professionals, and passing that info to the team to inform them to the best of his ability about the choice they need to make. I respect that much more than a coach that would force them to take it. 

He has failed to lead and failed to set the right example. He made those choices and he will need to be tough enough to take on the criticism.  He has also had plenty of time to become "better informed." He has an entire medical staff that has been disappointed in the way this staff has handled this and they have not been quiet about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He has failed to lead and failed to set the right example. He made those choices and he will need to be tough enough to take on the criticism.  He has also had plenty of time to become "better informed." He has an entire medical staff that has been disappointed in the way this staff has handled this and they have not been quiet about it.

He will take on criticism for sure. He will also get praised by the folks. Different folks, different strokes.

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He has an entire medical staff that has been disappointed in the way this staff has handled this and they have not been quiet about it.

Really? Care to elaborate where they've spoken out?

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

He will take on criticism for sure. He will also get praised by the folks. Different folks, different strokes.

By people celebrating the adoption of positions not based on fact, but based on politics.  That is sad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Really? Care to elaborate where they've spoken out?

They aren't going to give a quote on AL.com.  They do speak to people they go to church with and have kids and grand kids in school with.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

They aren't going to give a quote on AL.com.  They do speak to people they go to church with and have kids and grand kids in school with.

Ok.....that was why I was curious.....ya know if you could share some first hand knowledge of the medical staff's opinion and validate. Wasn't expecting links, bud.

Of course the med staff is disappointed lol. 99% of the medical professionals in this country who actually know anything about COVID- as opposed to that home health nurse your cousin goes to church with- have been *begging* people to get the vaccine.

Damn, people!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

By people celebrating the adoption of positions not based on fact, but based on politics.  That is sad.

That's a wild assumption to say that every person who chooses not to take the shot is doing so because of a political view or ideology.

“How long must this keep going on, how long “?

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sincere condolences. 

Thanks! We have lost several close friends to this terrible disease. This was most recent, the first was a close church member who died spring of 2020. I have another friend that is in hospital now and one that is in quarantine. I have taken the vaccine but I have several close friends that will “not” take it and I respect their choice and to be honest, I don’t know if I would take it if I had a do over. Yes I have researched a good bit, I have seen the data(that can be manipulated) and now we will need a booster, wear 1 mask then 2 masks. I have also read about the billions of dollars that pharmaceutical companies are making (same companies making political contributions). I’m afraid that I don’t believe all that is reported so why should I fault someone for doing what they believe is the correct thing to do!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, provibe said:

Thanks! We have lost several close friends to this terrible disease. This was most recent, the first was a close church member who died spring of 2020. I have another friend that is in hospital now and one that is in quarantine. I have taken the vaccine but I have several close friends that will “not” take it and I respect their choice and to be honest, I don’t know if I would take it if I had a do over. Yes I have researched a good bit, I have seen the data(that can be manipulated) and now we will need a booster, wear 1 mask then 2 masks. I have also read about the billions of dollars that pharmaceutical companies are making (same companies making political contributions). I’m afraid that I don’t believe all that is reported so why should I fault someone for doing what they believe is the correct thing to do!

The social/mentality component of this is so overlooked. It’s not black and white. I’m sorry for your losses. We’ve lost two family members and several community friends since it started. We’ve been fortunate to have survived it (me twice). I’m kind of glad that I have psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis because the meds and supplements I take seem to have helped. 

Edited by autigeremt

4 minutes ago, provibe said:

I will only point out that every drug that works results in huge profits for big pharma. Such is the result of making health care a capitalist enterprise.

Best wishes for your continued safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

“How long must this keep going on, how long “?

If only there was a way to make COVID less of a big deal and less of a big deal for our football team, specifically.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, provibe said:

I have also read about the billions of dollars that pharmaceutical companies are making (same companies making political contributions). I’m afraid that I don’t believe all that is reported so why should I fault someone for doing what they believe is the correct thing to do!

I could see that  if it was just an American problem,  but even our enemies are suggesting vaccines.  Iran went from "We will NEVER take the Western Devils vaccine"  to "PLEASE SEND VACCINES !" as soon as they saw the repercussions on not having them. They are not doing that to line the pockets of American politicians.  This is going on in every country in the world. Friends and foes.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That's a wild assumption to say that every person who chooses not to take the shot is doing so because of a political view or ideology.

I would never say every person.  There are people that cannot for due to their medical history etc.  I'm certainly not counting those people in this discussion.  In fact, they are the very people that the rest of the community should consider and do everything possible to make them less likely to contract this virus.  However, people that are making that decision and don't have a medical reason to do so are simply ignoring the science and ignoring the same medical professionals that they will be depending on should they get seriously ill.  Should they get sick, they will rush to take mononeuclonal antibodies in an effort to prevent them from getting any sicker.  I hope it works and it likely will.  However, isn't it more than a little ironic that they will trust an even newer treatment and less tested emergency use therapeutic when in the months prior they refused to trust the same science and take a medication that has been thru trials and given to hundreds of millions of people around the world safely that could have done the same thing?    I don't blame anyone for taking a treatment, but the hypocrisy certainly shows what was really at the core of their earlier decision and it had nothing to do with medicine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, provibe said:

Of course they are making billions.  You have to admit, that isn't new for pharmaceutical companies.  This is a world wide problem.  As a country with immense wealth, we used the power that comes with that wealth to have the world's most innovative biopharmaceutical researchers all work on this simultaneously.  People constantly brag that capitalism drives innovation.  In this circumstance, that is exactly what what happened, but those innovations were begun years before Covid-19 became an issue.  The profit was intended to be found in treatment of Cancer and in how to heal human tissue to repair a damaged heart, along with many others.  

In Germany, BioNTech, which partnered with Phizer, refused to take money up front due to concerns that some could possibly view that as inappropriate and infuse politics into their scientific research.  Of course, here in the U.S., Moderna had no issue accepting $1.4 billion to fund vaccine development.  In fairness, both labs are filled with Harvard, Stanford, MIT and other world renowned researchers.

You mention the changing messages.  Honestly, would it not be more concerning if the message didn't change?  This is a virus that did not exist 2 years ago.  Everyone has been forced to learn how to fight it during the fight. Variants change that analysis even more.  It took years to develop a vaccine for polio. If it had taken years to develop this vaccine, millions more would have died by the time the first shots went in arms.  When we did have a vaccine for polio, kids lined up at schools and churches all across the country, many to be given a sugar cube that had been coated with the vaccine. There was risk involved.  Around 5 of  every million children vaccinated actually contracted polio due to the vaccine. That was an acceptable risk because without it, 5,000 of every million kids would contract Polio.

They aren't perfect, but people at the CDC and NIH simply do not have a motivation to lie to the American public.  They aren't always right, but they are the most detailed, organized agency in the world when it comes to collecting data and presenting that data to the public. They did drop the ball at the start of this, but they have recovered from that and there really is not valid reason to doubt the data they provide.  Consider this... a conspiracy to provide false data would have to include tens of thousands of individuals coming from every state and countries around the world.  It is impossible to get a room of 5 people to keep confidence, much less thousands.

• Like 3