Chances Harsin gives his post scrimmage presser via zoom from home??

W.E.D

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This is where any coach with a brain would insist on being:

3DB312A4-EA08-4934-BFCD-D2203D1C8179.jpeg

Which is where the SEC is screwing the pooch.  That is some flawed logic, for sure

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

A lot of folks have moved to Missouri on this. Asking for guarantees is a bad way to look at this. They must not be reading all of the stories of antivaxers telling people to vaccinate from their hospital rooms. Falling on deaf ears. 

I do hope the team will get closer to 100% and certainly hope Coach Harsin remains asymptomatic. I've known a few vaccinated people who have gotten COVID and their symptoms were not severe at all. I like those odds myself. 

That’s the wrong way to look at it man! It’s better to think “I’d rather die of covid that take something that is only going to lessen my symptoms and not completely stop it from happening”. All or nothing baby! Merica!

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

For sure  You can't 'win the day' if you are sitting at home. Simple as that. 

"ALL ABOUT THE BALL"

Rings hollow when the HC isn't 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I personally don’t have any issue with getting the vaccine, but whether I get it or not is no one’s effing business but mine. It’s all these (Deleted) who can neither think for themselves or make it through the day without getting their directions from the woke news. They have to have their lives run for them and think they need to pay it forward. They’re a pathetic lot of people.

Might take your own advice. Go watch Tucker vs freaking out on this board 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s the wrong way to look at it man! It’s better to think “I’d rather die of covid that take something that is only going to lessen my symptoms and not completely stop it from happening”. All or nothing baby! Merica!

What about something that can keep you out of the hospital and prevent you from ending up dead?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, au302 said:

That's what I thought. Seems people in the state can't really listen to the coach over the medical professionals when Harsin hasn't really given advice on the issue either way. He hasn't gone against the medical professionals at all. In fact, I believe at media days he said that the medical professionals were educating the team, which he obviously would have to authorize

He made the choice to cowardly avoid the topic and not lead. Saban, Smart, Kiffin and others have been out front doing the right thing.  Our coach, not so much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

Nice going Coach. This is such a good look for you and for Auburn University.

Recruting coordinators at othe schools are laughing their asses off right now..

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, au302 said:

Universities across the country are actively trying to force it, even public ones. The rest of your statement makes, and I say this carefully, no sense. I could see what you're saying if someone who tested positive for Covid and was ordered to quarantine for 10 days made the decision to break quarantine and go around others, willfully exposing them. However, to compare not getting vaccinated to drunk driving is downright laughable and ludicrous

Universities are not trying to force vaccines. Some are saying you can't come onto our campus without being vaccinated, but that's a far cry from forcing people to be vaccinated. Nor was I comparing not being vaccinated to drunk driving. I was comparing not being vaccinated & then not doing things to protect oneself & others (like isolating, wearing masks, & perhaps not being on a football team) to drunk driving.

• Like 2

Tweeted back at a buma fan.

22 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Universities are not trying to force vaccines. Some are saying you can't come onto our campus without being vaccinated, but that's a far cry from forcing people to be vaccinated. Nor was I comparing not being vaccinated to drunk driving. I was comparing not being vaccinated & then not doing things to protect oneself & others (like isolating, wearing masks, & perhaps not being on a football team) to drunk driving.

All I know is that there are universities making it mandatory for students to get vaccinated. Virginia was just in the news yesterday for unenrolling students for not complying with their mandate. In terms of the specific language of these mandates, I suppose it differs from university to university. Maybe there are some that are telling unvaccinated students not to come to campus and instead take their courses online 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He made the choice to cowardly avoid the topic and not lead. Saban, Smart, Kiffin and others have been out front doing the right thing.  Our coach, not so much.

We can agree or disagree with him on his approach, but I think it's a little much to call him cowardly for not wanting to give public advice either way on an issue that he has no professional knowledge on. I can understand the argument that he could have more strongly encouraged people to listen to their doctors, but I cannot blame the man for not directly encouraging people to get the vaccine. He's a public figure, but at the end of the day, he's a football coach, not a doctor

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Regardless of your personal stance on the vaccine, it seems like Harsin & co. would know the testing protocols and at what thresholds of vaccination they become more lenient. From a pure football standpoint of being in a position to win games and players being able to maximize NIL money, it just makes sense to achieve a high vaccination rate. 

Given all that is at stake, it's too much to ask for the guys to get a couple shots I the arm?

I like the 4th and 1 mentality, but it's 4th and 1 and we fumbled the football.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Regardless of your personal stance on the vaccine, it seems like Harsin & co. would know the testing protocols and at what thresholds of vaccination they become more lenient. From a pure football standpoint of being in a position to win games and players being able to maximize NIL money, it just makes sense to achieve a high vaccination rate. 

Given all that is at stake, it's too much to ask for the guys to get a couple shots I the arm?

I like the 4th and 1 mentality, but it's 4th and 1 and we fumbled the football.

But we’re free! 

• Like 1

He is the head coach. He is in charge of teenagers. Do they get a choice to practice or not when it is 98 degrees? Then for the sake of safety  everyone needs to get vaccinated He needs to put his foot down. You thing lil Nicky didn't? Lil Nicky doesn't  want to have to forfeit a game or loose multiple starters because of having to quarantine 10-14  days because he has a championship mentality. 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 6

In defense of Harsin I believe it’s unfair to compare him to Saban. He is the new guy on the block and Saban has the accolades. His selling point could be listen to me and look at the results. Who knows Bama players could be getting extra incentive if u know what I mean. However, I am curious what the talking points were for Arkansas and Ole Miss coaches. People can be upset about the rules but u can either abide  by them or suffer the consequences. I don’t know anyone that has had complications with the shot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, au302 said:

All I know is that there are universities making it mandatory for students to get vaccinated. Virginia was just in the news yesterday for unenrolling students for not complying with their mandate.  

YEP!  almost 240 students disenrolled. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/us/uva-disenrolling-students-vaccine/index.html

Almost invariably you must have proof of  diphtheria, smallpox,  measles and a halve dozen other vaccinations  to attend pretty much ANY college in America or they CAN disenroll you / deny acceptance  (yes, even at Auburn).   Covid  is no different.  It is a matter of public health.   

"Disenrolled means you're not eligible to take courses," Coy said. He added that students who were enrolled at the university on Wednesday still have a week to update their status at which point they can re-enroll."

Students caught with fake Vac cards are being expelled at some of the smaller school already.    This is  a much more serious offense that can effect future school applications.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

……but, but, but….getting the vaccine is such a personal decision…blah, blah, blah. Decisions have consequences. I can’t imagine in a profession and sport with so much up close activity, why anyone would be vaccine resistant.

So now Harsin and who knows how many others are sidelined. Despite modern technology this cannot help preparation. Players who get Covid will have varying recovery times and may not be as effective. Last season precovid Cam was better than post Covid Cam.

Doubtful Auburn will have to forfeit any games. However, game performance could be compromised by sick, recovering players.

Meanwhile, the team across the state is fully vaxed and focused upon one goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, tomcat said:

……but, but, but….getting the vaccine is such a personal decision…blah, blah, blah. Decisions have consequences. I can’t imagine in a profession and sport with so much up close activity, why anyone would be vaccine resistant.

So now Harsin and who knows how many others are sidelined. Despite modern technology this cannot help preparation. Players who get Covid will have varying recovery times and may not be as effective. Last season precovid Cam was better than post Covid Cam.

Doubtful Auburn will have to forfeit any games. However, game performance could be compromised by sick, recovering players.

Meanwhile, the team across the state is fully vaxed and focused upon one goal.

And just about every single person that has a problem with what you just typed probably has been the same person that freaked out when an outgoing player skipped a meaningless bowl game to protect himself against the very real threat of an injury that could permanently compromise his ability to provide for himself and his family. They're the *exact* same ones accusing folks of being selfish and wanting these guys to get vaxxed for our own entertainment. (Which isn't even the main point for most of us. Although the coach damned sure does get paid enough to do whatever it takes to drag his ass to work every day.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And just about every single person that has a problem with what you just typed probably has been the same person that freaked out when an outgoing player skipped a meaningless bowl game to protect himself against the very real threat of an injury that could permanently compromise his ability to provide for himself and his family. They're the *exact* same ones accusing folks of being selfish and wanting these guys to get vaxxed for our own entertainment. (Which isn't even the main point for most of us. Although the coach damned sure does get paid enough to do whatever it takes to drag his ass to work every day.)

That's a pretty interesting comparison I haven't seenade yet and damn if it isn't spot on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, provibe said:

I had a very close friend that just passed away from Covid and he had been vaccinated. So don’t go there.

Sincere condolences.