Chances Harsin gives his post scrimmage presser via zoom from home??

W.E.D

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Right, but you're around 60+ people daily who are unvaccinated.  Vaccinated or not, your chances are drastically higher than say Ole Miss where 100% are vaccinated.

Yes, vaccinated people can get it and spread it, but they are highly less likely to even get it in the first place.

Major difference is that people that are vaccinated will not miss as much time as those who are not vaccinated. Unvaccinated people have to get tested more. I certainly wish our numbers were higher. It will be a problem when you have key guys out being out maybe 1 game because they're vaccinated and those who are not having to miss maybe 2- 3 games waiting on a negative test. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

My prediction of Akron keeping it tight in game one is looking much more likely.

Wait what? Lol we'll Molly-whop them by 40+

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Unless this is confirmed as more than a rumor,   I don't think t is a good idea to post it.  Someone will run with it as fact and it will snowball until the media prints it.   I guarantee someone on this board has already text a friend to say Harsin has it. 

it has been confirmed he does have it. i imagine someone has addressed this since i am only halfway down the first page.

• Like 2

I was coming here to rake this guy over the coals for his lax messaging, but I took a second and realized the chance to get it, even while vaccinated, has dropped substantially with the new strain 

after taking a second, he still looks like a massive failure in the context of other Auburn entities and some of his contemporaries, but he didn’t do anything that people higher up than him in the state of Alabama hasn’t also failed to do 

just feels like another embarrassment in a line of those for this state during this saga. Not a political thing btw 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Hok dangling a carrot for new subscribers of their platform

He's also missing the point terribly. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was coming here to rake this guy over the coals for his lax messaging, but I took a second and realized the chance to get it, even while vaccinated, has dropped substantially with the new strain 

after taking a second, he still looks like a massive failure in the context of other Auburn entities and some of his contemporaries, but he didn’t do anything that people higher up than him in the state of Alabama hasn’t also failed to do 

just feels like another embarrassment in a line of those for this state during this saga. Not a political thing btw 

It's only an embarrassment if you are on the other side of the vaccine crowd. He's in great physical condition and like most people that are it will hopefully pass and he will be back on the sidelines soon. Saban himself got it before able to get the vaccine. Maybe this will spur Harsin to do the same? I had it twice and got it in April once cleared to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So we don’t have our new HC, DC, and likely multiple players for roughly 1/3rd of fall camp

stellar job Auburn 

It's fine. Harsin is in great shape

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well this sucks. First off i sincerely hope that everyone who has it has a quick recovery and that no one gets really bad sick. It really stinks that it's happening right here at the end of fall camp when we are going to be solidifying the depth chart and putting in the game install. But on the flip side of it maybe this spares us some from an outbreak during the middle of the season. 

Regardless all we'll read about for the next few weeks is AU, COVID, and Vaccine which really stinks cause this is my escape from that crap. And we'll probably read about it with out actually knowing any of the things that we really want to know like who is out and for how long will they be out? 

The silver lining is that thank goodness we have 2 cupcakes games to start the season. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's fine. Harsin is in great shape

The great Cameron Newton looked like a bum (and it hurts me to say that) for almost two months after getting it, multiple NBA players have said (and had performances backing it) that they couldn’t perform anywhere near capacity, but everyone in great shape just does their two little weeks and is magically back to normal right?? It’s just like a cold!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s an embarrassment for anyone who is cognizant we’re in a pandemic with a state of people who unfortunately listen more to coaches than medical professionals 

Good post. This is my only question/concern with what you posted. Maybe I missed it, but has Harsin come out and explicitly said for folks to not get the vaccine? If so, that would make me re-evaluate my thoughts

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Good post. This is my only question/concern with what you posted. Maybe I missed it, but has Harsin come out and explicitly said for folks to not get the vaccine? If so, that would make me re-evaluate my thoughts

No. He has only advocated for players to make their own personal decision whether they take it or not which I respect. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

As far as I know he’s been completely deferential/neutral. From media days and the few times Auburn brass has had it in them to re-surface the topic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/08/bryan-harsin-auburn-has-improved-team-covid-vaccination-numbers-entering-fall-camp.html%3foutputType=amp He’s had great lip service in toeing the line on the issue, although I do legitimately believe that he recognizes that having guys vaccinated is at least a football advantage. Past that…who knows

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby