Nebraska HC Scott Frost under NCAA Investigation

Maverick.AU

Sadly I don't see Nebraska as a winnable place anymore--I hate to say that because I like the idea of a program being in control of its own destiny. What a shame that Frost had to waste his sky-high stock there.

Edited by AUwent

49 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sadly I don't see Nebraska as a winnable place anymore--I hate to say that because I like the idea of a program being in control of its own destiny. What a shame that Frost had to waste his sky-high stock there.

He knew what he was getting into Nebraska has not been the same since Prop 48 was changed. Osborne loved him some Prop 48

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He knew what he was getting into Nebraska has not been the same since Prop 48 was changed. Osborne loved him some Prop 48

Forgive my ignorance, what is Prop 48? Guessing it was changed in the late '90s. The trip to Boulder in 2001 was the turning point for them.

Edited by AUwent

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Forgive my ignorance, what is Prop 48? Guessing it was changed in the late '90s. The trip to Boulder in 2001 was the turning point for them.

Basically would let anyone in college to play football 

Proposition 48 is an NCAA regulation that stipulates minimum high school grades and standardized test scores that student-athletes must meet in order to participate in college athletic competition. The NCAA enacted Proposition 48 in 1986. ... As the GPA increases, the required test score decreases

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Butch Jones and a whole host of other Bama ‘analysts are blatantly shown coaching on the field during televised games and referenced by recruits in tweets for years, but let’s go after Nebraska. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Me thinks somebody is sitting Scott up so Nebraska does not have to pay the buyout. What they are being accused of is not a big deal overall. jmo

46 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

but let’s go after Nebraska. 

Yep. It's an inside job, much like Tennessee.

JNBN (just Nebraska being Nebraska)?  Same source that leaked Frost wanting out of the OU game?  Trev Alberts is suddenly realizing he was way in over his head in Omaha.  And Lincoln is way worse.... 

The only one I think that might get him in trouble is breaking COVID protocols with off campus strength training. The analyst helping out is a joke. Lots of other schools do it and the school across the state is the most horrendous offender. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not investigation related, but this is horrendous.

Boy... and we thought we had it bad because we knew Gus had no backup plan. But you can't say the quiet part out loud for Pete's sake!

Also, talk about famous last words. Very much like the "solid season" comment.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not investigation related, but this is horrendous.

How often does this happen and we never hear about it?

Or is he really that bad at game planning?