will we have a turnover chain?

aubiefifty

This is how Auburn celebrated, high five and back to the bench like you’ve done it before!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, boisnumber1 said:

I bet you are wrong.

bama has one. a wwe style belt. and they have more five stars on their program than any other program i know of. practice and work outs are brutal most of the time so i say let them have some fun on game day. and i get where maybe it is a single person award and not a team one. our team plays hard so let them celebrate a play if they want to. who is it hurting? can anyone tell me? times change. things change. i love seeing our kids run on the field with an american flag. it is new. why have we not been doing it all this time? let them have some fun.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

bama has one. a wwe style belt. and they have more five stars on their program than any other program i know of. practice and work outs are brutal most of the time so i say let them have some fun on game day. and i get where maybe it is a single person award and not a team one. our team plays hard so let them celebrate a play if they want to. who is it hurting? can anyone tell me? times change. things change. i love seeing our kids run on the field with an american flag. it is new. why have we not been doing it all this time? let them have some fun.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Whatever dude. If you think bama has all their five stars because they have a turnover belt, you need to go see a doctor. I never said they shouldn't have fun. You just are saying it will affect recruiting, which has no basis. You realize teams that really suck and have zero 5 stars have them too, right? 

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Whatever dude. If you think bama has all their five stars because they have a turnover belt, you need to go see a doctor. I never said they shouldn't have fun. You just are saying it will affect recruiting, which has no basis. You realize teams that really suck and have zero 5 stars have them too, right? 

i am a doctor bro....lighten up that was not meant mean spirited at all.

I respectfully say NO!!!!! to a turnover chain. At least not on the sideline during a game. If some player wants to wear one around campus during the week, then go for it, but I believe it is just too much distraction. Plus, you should be playing for brothers, not a big gold chain. IMHO

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

If some player wants to wear one around campus during the week, then go for it,  

LMAO  at wearing around campus.    I've changed my mind.  I am now "pro T.O. Chain".   

Now I want them to have a giant gaudy turnover chain that HAS to be worn all week around campus.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Haha 2

It is interesting to read the responses.  Seems to be two categories.

nope, I don’t want one and  the if it makes the players happy have at it.

I gotta side with the if the players want it, do it group.  They are the only ones who really matter with this situation.

Dont know if you guys remember in 2008  Paul Rhodes  had something given to the guy who made an interception or fumble recovery  like a hard hat or construction vest.    Not as flashy as a gold chain. 

I dont really care for it and i doubt anyone will choose a school solely based on whether or not they get to wear a chain after a good play.

6 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It is interesting to read the responses.  Seems to be two categories.

nope, I don’t want one and  the if it makes the players happy have at it.

I gotta side with the if the players want it, do it group.  They are the only ones who really matter with this situation.

This!!

On 8/17/2021 at 5:37 PM, WarEagle1983 said:

At this point, it's just corny to me. It fits with Miami b/c of their history of being flashy and the program trying to recapture that time period of the U. With other teams it's just like...OK...*shrug*. I'm 38 and don't have an old school mentality. 

The word I would use is "tacky".

As far as the "keeping up" argument, I think there's value in maintaining an image, and this sort of foolishness is not the way to maintain the image I'd like for us to have.

And that goes double for alternate uniforms.

Edited by homersapien

On 8/17/2021 at 5:57 PM, bootskii said:

Maybe go with something else instead? I like the concept to get our players excited and fired up but don't just do what the next guy is doing. Think outside the box. Maybe turnover crowns or something to that effect. I agree it will help with recruiting but make yourself stand apart from what everyone else is doing. That will definitely get noticed.

Putting people into the league is what gets you noticed by recruits, not tacky gimmicks, especially if you are copying others.  Be different.

22 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Isn't there a bakery in Auburn that could NLI apple turnovers, etc. to reward those guys that get turnovers?

That's actually an interesting idea. 

I know I'd appreciate that a hell of a lot more that wearing some sort of gaudi trophy.   And it wouldn't be on national TV in the middle of a game.

• Like 1