will we have a turnover chain?

aubiefifty

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i bet we have lost good recruits because of this. and people say bama does not do it but good grief look at what they have built. we need every single advantage we can muster for recruiting. i know we have stuff in the works like new facilities but why stop there? my concession would be rod uni's only could be used as alternates. when we are home we should rep our orange and blue.

I bet you are wrong.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before reading all the replies I was going to say yes keep the belt or chain plus give them a Ric Flair ring robe to wear. That's my style and I am over 50. In todays time and with the way the world is especially here in the US just making it to the level of being able to play college football without being killed or in jail is a an accomplishment on its own for most kids. I know what we can do, If they cause a fumble and a turn over instead of a belt or chain run them in the tent and have them put on kaki pants and light blue button down shirt a skinny belt and some penny loafers. Now that would be balling and would be a sure bet to get the players and the crowd pumped. Well its time to go soak my feet, rub down my legs with lotion pull up my knee length white socks yell at the neighbors kids for riding on the sidewalk and go to bed because its almost 7:30.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, AUx said:

No. No. No. Nope. No. To be a professional, act like a professional. To be a champion, act like a champion. To be respected, act respectable. This is an ethic for success whether or not the NFL comes calling.

Or, don't - and just be an instagrime spectacle with fewer and fewer fans.

Bama has a turnover belt. 

They are Def not professional or champions

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Bama has a turnover belt. 

They are Def not professional or champions

At no point did I mention uat, nor was I even thinking about them, nor do I constantly obsess over comparisons to everybody else. My comment stands alone as written. Have a nice day.

I'm all for it if its cool and original. The turnover chain is no different than the helmet stickers that everyone use to do. I imagine some schools probably still do those. Its just a way to reward guys for making exceptional plays. Give them recognition with their peers and all that. 

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Helmet stickers were the best thing ever.  Still remember those old Noles helmets with tomahawks all over the back.

If I remember correctly Auburn did the helmet stickers a year or two in the 1970’s. The stickers were eagles 🦅 I think.

was it jones at tennessee that had the trash can thing everyone made fun of?  that was about the stupidist thing i ever saw.

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

was it jones at tennessee that had the trash can thing everyone made fun of?  that was about the stupidist thing i ever saw.

Yes, and Tennessee put him in it at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yes, and Tennessee put him in it at the end of the season.

do you remember what it was called?

On 8/17/2021 at 4:02 PM, LKEEL75 said:

I am NOT a fan of this.  I know the younger generation approve but I am of the school to "act like you have been there and will be back" ala Mr Sanders.

Geez no fun with this guy.. I’m kidding , how about a turn over sweet tea from milos ?? Or a turn over cigar 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Geez no fun with this guy.. I’m kidding , how about a turn over sweet tea from milos ?? Or a turn over cigar 

how about you get a turnover cheerleader to sit on your lap until you have to go back out and play? back in the day manly men raised hell when college ball started using facemasks...........grins.

I’m neutral on a turnover chain. But a chain of turnovers would upset me. 

• 4 weeks later...

I remembered this thread. Updating to illustrate where these things can go. UAB didn't leverage it much in their game agains uGa today.

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.39.26 PM.png

It’d be cool, but, and I don’t mean this to be offensive, Auburn isn’t a very “cool” on the field type of team. They’re like the blue collar, get stuff done type. And that isn’t very sexy, but it’s their identity. It wouldn’t fit to me if they did unless they did an identity revamp (Alabama kinda had this occur before they did their championship belt thing) 

Archived