do not shoot the messanger. from yahoo

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Anyone know what the protocol is for vaccinated players who have been exposed? Assume no quarantine so long as they aren't exhibiting symptoms. 

LInk I posted above has it.  So basically if you're vaccinated you just need to wear a mask and get tested in 3-5 days.  No Vax, probably 10-14 days isolation 

Unvax

Quarantine in accordance with local public health authority guidance for close contact with another individual with confirmed positive COVID-19. Previous considerations regarding activity during quarantine (e.g., individual exercise if it does not cause cardiopulmona

Vax

Masking in public indoor settings for 14 days with discontinuation if a COVID-19 test is performed three to five days after exposure and is negative, or if assessment does not reveal high risk.

non-vaccinated players tested 1-3x per week.  Vaccinated players, no testing.  So, Ole Miss and Arkansas will not have a single player tested all season unless they show symptoms.  That's a pretty big risk mitigation strategy by those two organizations.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

I mean, if we were 100% or over the 85% threshold I'm pretty positive Auburn would be promoting it.  The fact we aren't tells us where we are.

Your welcome to make ASSumptions (reference the old saying) if you wish. People tend to miss things when they make them in the absence (not reported) data. I thought your point was you would be able to compare and mine was I didn’t think you would have enough “true” information to judge. 

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Your welcome to make ASSumptions (reference the old saying) if you wish. People tend to miss things when they make them in the absence (not reported) data. I thought your point was you would be able to compare and mine was I didn’t think you would have enough “true” information to judge. 

I mean every school that has very high vaccination rates has championed that aspect, as they should.  We were at ~60% during SEC media days and that was after a big push internally.  I hope it has continued to rise

I guess Auburn could be the only school with a 100% vaccination rate and not telling anyone.  Does that seem likely? idk

Edited by W.E.D

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

non-vaccinated players tested 1-3x per week.  Vaccinated players, no testing.  So, Ole Miss and Arkansas will not have a single player tested all season unless they show symptoms.  That's a pretty big risk mitigation strategy by those two organizations.

Sure is

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I mean every school that has very high vaccination rates has championed that aspect, as they should.  We were at ~60% during SEC media days and that was after a big push internally.  I hope it has continued to rise

I guess Auburn could be the only school with a 100% vaccination rate and not telling anyone.  Does that seem likely? idk

I’ve tried to get my point across but am failing miserably.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’ve tried to get my point across but am failing miserably.

Is your point not "We don't know what Auburn's vaccination rate is b/c we haven't announced it"?

if it isn't, I'm not reading what you're posting correctly

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Is your point not "We don't know what Auburn's vaccination rate is b/c we haven't announced it"?

if it isn't, I'm not reading what you're posting correctly

My original point was that I don’t believe anyone will be able to accurately compare during the season effects from Covid. I don’t believe they posted all of that information last season so if it stays the same won’t have accurate information to access. I also believe the different testing regimes ( if there is a difference) will skew the data.

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

My original point was that I don’t believe anyone will be able to accurately compare during the season effects from Covid.

Why do you think that?

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t believe they posted all of that information last season so if it stays the same won’t have accurate information to access.

Some of it was secretive I agree...like most of our OL missing fall camp.  No one "knew for sure" why, but we definitely knew when teams had massive outbreaks b/c games were canceled or rescheduled.  Even with teams being 60%+ like Auburn, I'd hope that could limit a widespread outbreak.  I don't think/hope we'll large scale infections & game cancellations.

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I also believe the different testing regimes ( if there is a difference) will skew the data.

Are you referring to last year or between high vax teams and low vax teams or team with unknown vax %s?

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't like where this is going.....

I know.  I just saw the topic was now labeled as "HOT".  Lock is imminent 

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Why do you think that?

Some of it was secretive I agree...like most of our OL missing fall camp.  No one "knew for sure" why, but we definitely knew when teams had massive outbreaks b/c games were canceled or rescheduled.  Even with teams being 60%+ like Auburn, I'd hope that could limit a widespread outbreak.  I don't think/hope we'll large scale infections & game cancellations.

Are you referring to last year or between high vax teams and low vax teams or team with unknown vax %s?

He thinks that because of your second paragraph. Hope this helps lol

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

He thinks that because of your second paragraph. Hope this helps lol

Could be.  Coaches might try to hide players under blanket injuries or lie about what's wrong with the players.  I wish they were more transparent like the NFL, but that's more for betting lines.

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ole Miss and Arkansas will not have a single player tested all season unless they show symptoms.  

don't forget uga.    Georgia Bulldogs say more than 90% fully vaccinated

LSU saying they are over 97.4% vaccinated and 100% of staff are vaccinated.

Wait 'til vaccination is required to attend games.   Then  we will see whole student bodies vaccinated.  LSU is already thinking about Required vaccinations or negative tests to get into the stadium. 

https://fansided.com/2021/08/13/lsu-mandate-vaccine-football-attendance/

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

don't forget uga.    Georgia Bulldogs say more than 90% fully vaccinated

LSU saying they are over 97.4% vaccinated and 100% of staff are vaccinated.

Wait 'til vaccination is required to attend games.   Then  we will see whole student bodies vaccinated.  LSU is already thinking about Required vaccinations or negative tests to get into the stadium. 

https://fansided.com/2021/08/13/lsu-mandate-vaccine-football-attendance/

Yeah, left off the teams that aren't confirmed 100%.  Believe Bama is in the 90%+ range too. 

I'd love to see required vaccinations or registered test.

11 minutes ago, USATiger said:

WED, the thread killa from Manila.

Gonna complain about 5 responses to one person?  10 total posts between two people?

Jeez

Jarquez Hunter

Keith Warren
Neshoba Central Lake Cormorant

Hunter has been hyped up by fans over the offseason because of his pure athleticism. Some fans were even predicting him to finish second on the team in rushing yards even though Shaun Shivers has the RB no. 2 spot locked up. He wasn't mentioned by Harsin at all.

Calling Hunter a loser in this scrim? He didn't even dress out and play. It's the first scrim of the season for Heavens sake. Don't think I've ever heard of a team having a good first scrim. That isn't what first scrims are about anyways. Lord have mercy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, if we were 100% or over the 85% threshold I'm pretty positive Auburn would be promoting it.  The fact we aren't tells us where we are.

Don't think you will get anything like this from Harsin and this staff. They are keeping stuff like this pretty tight.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think you will get anything like this from Harsin and this staff. They are keeping stuff like this pretty tight.

Hypothetically if we hit 100% vaccinations, you don't think the AD would be promoting this very good stat like everyone else?