do not shoot the messanger. from yahoo

aubiefifty

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We’re going to have to forfeit the Akron or Alabama State game, and then we will be the clown show of the SEC. 🤡

If we do, I will be asking all of you to contribute to a Go Fund Me Page for a new Coach! Just saying....

Did the INT's turn into points or were returned for big gains? If so, meh. If you throw the ball you run the risk of throwing an INT. I know they matter, but the stat can be misleading sometimes.

I'm fine with Bo throwing picks if he's trying to work on things. That comes with the territory.  

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i hope this mess does not cause us to forfeit games. i am interested to see how bama and ol miss do with the 100 percent. and for the record i am not looking for an argument or debating anything. i just want to see if it works for them.

It will work better for them than whatever it is we are doing. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I know this is unlikely but hopefully Tank doesn't transfer or pull a Micah Parsons after this year for OL reasons.

why would you ever say this? So out of left field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It is all over the webs that him and troxell are in covid protocol so it really ain’t a secret any more.

Oh jeez

2 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Thought Trox played in scrimmage?

This is what makes no sense to me either. I was listening to the Drain and some guy called in and said Trox was one of the linemen that got destroyed all night, so I'm having a hard time figuring this out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@DAG you called this. You didn't say this would happen exactly but you explained the dangers that could happen

People will have to learn the hard way. I don't want people trying to be upset now. Season starts in the month so hopefully everyone is acting as accordingly.

• Like 2

So, if true I wonder if any players will look at this like a learning opportunity. 

We have Hunter, who has been hyped all offseason, missing the 1st extremely critical scrimmage and depending on timing possibly the 2nd. 

On the flip side. The other freshman RB and walk on have good scrimmages and starting to get some hype as the 3rd back. 

You want an opportunity to perform or miss crucial time? 

It’s the first week of school I believe.  You could have multiple issues in the next week but I’d imagine those will fade quick.  Good thing Auburn isn’t starting with a kickoff classic or something like that.  I bet a bunch of schools have players Miss practice or games.  Even if you’re vaxed you can still get sick and have to isolate.  Hopefully our guys do a good job again this year of being responsible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DAG said:

why would you ever say this? So out of left field.

Hopefully. We’re going to need him next year is all.

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

It’s the first week of school I believe.  You could have multiple issues in the next week but I’d imagine those will fade quick.  Good thing Auburn isn’t starting with a kickoff classic or something like that.  I bet a bunch of schools have players Miss practice or games.  Even if you’re vaxed you can still get sick and have to isolate.  Hopefully our guys do a good job again this year of being responsible.

Wasn't the entire team in a bubble last year, no one else in campus?? This year is a drastically different ball game. 

I think you're correct that a lot of schools will have kids miss time.

8 hours ago, au302 said:

This is what makes no sense to me either. I was listening to the Drain and some guy called in and said Trox was one of the linemen that got destroyed all night, so I'm having a hard time figuring this out

Troxell can be in protocol now but fine on Saturday.  Just remember protocol doesn’t mean positive test for sure, could just be contact tracing.  

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Wasn't the entire team in a bubble last year, no one else in campus?? This year is a drastically different ball game. 

I think you're correct that a lot of schools will have kids miss time.

Yeah, I think it is gonna be hard to avoid, especially in the South.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Yeah, I think it is gonna be hard to avoid, especially in the South.

Yeah. I'd hope the surging numbers across the foot print most of our players are from might help drive vaccine adoption on the team. Hope we've drastically improved from 60%.

I'll be interested to see the difference between Arkansas/Ole Miss at 100% vs us at ~60% and how thar effects player participation. We'll be tested weekly, maybe 2x, while they only get tested with symptoms.

Huge difference

8 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I wonder if the testing regime is the same as last year? Anybody have an educated guess?

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Troxell can be in protocol now but fine on Saturday.  Just remember protocol doesn’t mean positive test for sure, could just be contact tracing.  

He’s either quarantined or not. That requires complete separation, not just testing.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah. I'd hope the surging numbers across the foot print most of our players are from might help drive vaccine adoption on the team. Hope we've drastically improved from 60%.

I'll be interested to see the difference between Arkansas/Ole Miss at 100% vs us at ~60% and how thar effects player participation. We'll be tested weekly, maybe 2x, while they only get tested with symptoms.

Huge difference

They don’t post results so how is it going public?

27 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They don’t post results so how is it going public?

Are you talking about the news of two players being positive?  

11 hours ago, DAG said:

People will have to learn the hard way. I don't want people trying to be upset now. Season starts in the month so hopefully everyone is acting as accordingly.

I started to post a similar statement. I'll listen to a bunch but I don't want to hear covid stuff for excuses. We chose what we chose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Are you talking about the news of two players being positive?  

You talked about comparing some reported 100% vaccinated vs. ours at whatever we are now( haven’t seen any reported numbers since media days).

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You talked about comparing some reported 100% vaccinated vs. ours at whatever we are now( haven’t seen any reported numbers since media days).

I mean, if we were 100% or over the 85% threshold I'm pretty positive Auburn would be promoting it.  The fact we aren't tells us where we are.

• Like 2