do not shoot the messanger. from yahoo

aubiefifty

Auburn held their first scrimmage in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Saturday night.

There were definitely highlights from the scrimmage according to Bryan Harsin, but there were some issues that need to be addressed on the offensive side of the ball.

Sure, the defense should be expected to win the first fall camp scrimmage based on the way things flow in camp. The defensive line in particular balled out. However, there were some inconsistencies from players on the offensive side of the ball that should not go unnoticed.

Here are the three losers from the first scrimmage.

Bo Nix

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Bo Nix threw three interceptions during Auburn's scrimmage on Saturday. According to Harsin, his decision-making was poor and his accuracy downfield was an issue. Unfortunately, Nix did not appear to have a lot of time in the pocket.

The entire offensive line

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Auburn's offensive line play was unacceptable according to Harsin. He said the line play was"inconsistent" and while he acknowledges he is critical of the group, the o-line "flat out missed" blocks both pass and run blocking. Mike Bobo can't have a "downhill" offense when Nix is running across the hill for his life instead of down it.

Jarquez Hunter

Keith Warren
Neshoba Central Lake Cormorant

Hunter has been hyped up by fans over the offseason because of his pure athleticism. Some fans were even predicting him to finish second on the team in rushing yards even though Shaun Shivers has the RB no. 2 spot locked up. He wasn't mentioned by Harsin at all.

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

There were definitely highlights from the scrimmage according to Bryan Harsin, but there were some issues that need to be addressed on the offensive side of the ball.

Sure, the defense should be expected to win the first fall camp scrimmage based on the way things flow in camp. The defensive line in particular balled out. However, there were some inconsistencies from players on the offensive side of the ball that should not go unnoticed.

Bo Nix

Bo Nix threw three interceptions during Auburn's scrimmage on Saturday. According to Harsin, his decision-making was poor and his accuracy downfield was an issue. Unfortunately, Nix did not appear to have a lot of time in the pocket.

Auburn's offensive line play was unacceptable according to Harsin. He said the line play was"inconsistent" and while he acknowledges he is critical of the group, the o-line "flat out missed" blocks both pass and run blocking. Mike Bobo can't have a "downhill" offense when Nix is running across the hill for his life instead of down it.

Jarquez Hunter

Keith Warren

Hunter has been hyped up by fans over the offseason because of his pure athleticism. Some fans were even predicting him to finish second on the team in rushing yards even though Shaun Shivers has the RB no. 2 spot locked up. He wasn't mentioned by Harsin at all.

Is Jarquez Hunter injured?

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Is Jarquez Hunter injured?

i have heard nothing.

• Like 1

The article wasn't bad until the Hunter part. Just because he was held out means we now need to automatically write him off? Just ridiculous, as we don't even know why he was held out yet. Otherwise good stuff. Don't see how anyone could say Bo wasn't a "loser" after throwing three picks in a scrimmage that wasn't even live. O-line sounds even worse than the 2018 unit if that's possible. Time to give the Juco OT's a shot, they can't be much worse than what we've been trotting out there the last few years

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Just about as stupid as any other article from Yahoo.

if i listened to you guys that had a bone to pick with one outfit or other there would be very little to read and i am not paying for info so i do the best you can. hey at least it is not the red elephant club and that writer i believe is an auburn beat writer from down south. but from insider info i hear he is spot on so take it with a grain of salt.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

The article wasn't bad until the Hunter part. Just because he was held out means we now need to automatically write him off? Just ridiculous, as we don't even know why he was held out yet. Otherwise good stuff. Don't see how anyone could say Bo wasn't a "loser" after throwing three picks in a scrimmage that wasn't even live. O-line sounds even worse than the 2018 unit if that's possible. Time to give the Juco OT's a shot, they can't be much worse than what we've been trotting out there the last few years

could be coach speak to light a fire under someones behind. they used to do that or so i was told back in the day....

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

I thought it was just 2 picks? Also, some ppl commented on Bo make two nice 30+ yd completions.

From the millions of reports I read I'm not sure I heard anything about Bo being inaccurate down field 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I thought it was just 2 picks? Also, some ppl commented on Bo make two nice 30+ yd completions.

From the millions of reports I read I'm not sure I heard anything about Bo being inaccurate down field 

they said one was a busted route but still could have been a better throw. but i expect them all to get better. i do not think it is quite doom and gloom time just yet but we knew there would be struggles after gus.

56 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Bo Nix

Jarquez Hunter

Keith Warren

Lol this dude knows less than the average fan.

1. Bo threw two not three. One was flushed out near the red zone with a great play by the DB. Another was a WR running the wrong route.
  2. Bo actually had a number of on-the-nose downfield passes.
  3. OL definitely struggled but some of that comes from rotating a lot of combinations and mixing/matching to find the best combination of five OL.
  4. Wouldn't call Hunter a loser. More like Jordan Ingram just caught everyone's attention.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

1. Bo threw two not three. One was flushed out near the red zone with a great play by the DB. Another was a WR running the wrong route.
  3. OL definitely struggled but some of that comes from rotating a lot of combinations and mixing/matching to find the best combination of five OL.
  4. Wouldn't call Hunter a loser. More like Jordan Ingram just caught everyone's attention.

i still think a lot of it is coach speak zeek. coaches have been know to put a word in someones ear to fire them up and not be mad at the coaches. that is just a guess and my guess but sometimes silence speaks volumes...............

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

If our 3rd string RB is one of the 3 biggest losers in the scrimmage, we’re in pretty good shape. Why am I not surprised who the other 2 losers were? Let’s just hope that our dline is one of the 3 best dlines, the OL faces all year and they aren’t just terrible. I’m not as worried about QB. If Harsin is the anti Gus, he won’t let Bo drag the team down all season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If our 3rd string RB is one of the 3 biggest losers in the scrimmage, we’re in pretty good shape. Why am I not surprised who the other 2 losers were? Let’s just hope that our dline is one of the 3 best dlines, the OL faces all year and they aren’t just terrible. I’m not as worried about QB. If Harsin is the anti Gus, he won’t let Bo drag the team down all season.

they have said the oline is better than last year they have just been mixing and matching different positions and it might have hurt us but that is the way harsin rolls. personally i expect everyone to get better...........

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if i listened to you guys that had a bone to pick with one outfit or other there would be very little to read and i am not paying for info so i do the best you can. hey at least it is not the red elephant club and that writer i believe is an auburn beat writer from down south. but from insider info i hear he is spot on so take it with a grain of salt.

I was referencing the quotes from the dude at USA Today. First off, according to Xavier Dampeer, who was actually at the scrimmage, the three interceptions didn't happen.  It was two.  One was a miscommunication between Nix, and the WR, and the other was on a tipped ball.

Secondly, unless I missed something, I don't remember Harsin saying Nix's decision making was poor, or referencing that his accuracy was an issue. 

I would like to check that writer's garage for Dodge Chargers.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am not sure which post is dumber the one saying it is yahoo or the one saying this guy doesn’t know what he is talking about when clearly if you read the post it is just a collection of quotes from other authors as posted right by the comments, 🤦‍♂️.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think an interesting thing to do would be to let DD run with the 1's for a few series on Friday. He is also a mobile quarterback and can escape like Bo. The O-line is obviously a big issue, and Bo's lack of trust in that unit has been one of the biggest excuses given for his tendencies to bail and his other bad habits. Let DD rep with that same unit and see how he fares. He may be even worse than Bo was, but I think it's worth finding out, and would give DD some valuable experience as well as see if it's more of Bo or the OL. Almost like an experiment in a sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I am not sure which post is dumber the one saying it is yahoo or the one saying this guy doesn’t know what he is talking about when clearly if you read the post it is just a collection of quotes from other authors as posted right by the comments, 🤦‍♂️.

you are a wonderful ray of sunshine. our insider in the eagle forum agrees with most of this. at least i am trying to keep the board up with news. it takes up a lot of my time but some of you guys seem to miss that part. how about you post news articles for a week and show me how it is done? some of yall act like i am trying to piss people off.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are a wonderful ray of sunshine. our insider in the eagle forum agrees with most of this. at least i am trying to keep the board up with news. it takes up a lot of my time but some of you guys seem to miss that part. how about you post news articles for a week and show me how it is done? some of yall act like i am trying to piss people off.

I was referencing two other posts, lay off the pot for a moment bud!!! ✌️✌️🍄❄️
besides the fact that I have been one of the few who supported and thanks you for posting articles, glad you noticed, lol.

Edited by auburnphan
  • Thanks 1

Yahoo? What happened to legitimate sources for quality sports reporting like Buzzfeed and SportsByBrooks?  😅

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

besides the fact that I have been one of the few who supported and thanks you for posting articles, glad you noticed, lol.

you just called me dumb for saying yahoo when i am just helping the board.

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yahoo? What happened to legitimate sources for quality sports reporting like Buzzfeed and SportsByBrooks?  😅

Who was the guy that kept giving us coaching search news on Twitter? Someone please remember this! Wasn’t in like Lil Baby or something? 😂😂😂

• Like 1

So did they only post losers?? Surely they should have done winners too 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

sorry man i am high as a kite and i have not smoked a joint yet cxus it is my birthday. gonna watch some ralphie and get my laugh on.................

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Who was the guy that kept giving us coaching search news on Twitter? Someone please remember this! Wasn’t in like Lil Baby or something? 😂😂😂

Lil Mook

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

The guy isn't like really calling them losers, like this guy is a loser. He's saying from that one scrimmage these guys were winners and these guys was losers

• Love 1