Auburn to start the season unranked in the AP

Zeek

Should make for a fun season, seeing us pass people all year. 

• Like 6

Just now, AUBwins said:

Should make for a fun season, seeing us pass people all year. 

It's when we're at our best 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

W1WsF9hbo5P6tAeh9MnOwH4=&risl=&pid=ImgRa

If only- I've spent too many years reading posts from CERTAIN members of this forum 😂

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
Clarified CERTAIN
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It's when we're at our best 

I look forward to the time when Auburn can have a good season when people think we're actually going to be good.  Hopefully Harsin can take us to that land.

• Like 5

The soft underbelly of low expectations can be broken through easily. It sounded better in my head.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I look forward to the time when Auburn can have a good season when people think we're actually going to be good.  Hopefully Harsin can take us to that land.

Would be nice. Happens one game at a time. 

s

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, toddc said:

The soft underbelly of low expectations can be broken through easily. It sounded better in my head.

My sons laptop background, the British bulldog himself.

Almost certainly one of the best defenses in the sec, best running back in the country...questionable QB, o-line and wrs..sure but can’t get in over coastal carolina? Are you kidding me? A new coach makes that much of a difference? We didn’t pick up just any Joe Schmoe...

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It really comes down to the OL.   I think everyone (team, coaches, fans, etc.) knows that.   
Our D will be anywhere from pretty good to down right nasty!  We should be able to lean on them at times.  
Our RB room isn’t very deep, but Tank and Worm are as good of a 1-2 combo you’ll find anywhere.  
The young WRs are stepping up.   There will be some growing pains there, but lots of talent.  
QBs will be good enough to get the job done.  I know this is a highly debated issue, so that’s all I will say, but we’re ok here.  
TE room is loaded.  And we’re planning on utilizing that talent this year!

OL - ?????    If they stink, we’ll win the lower tier games and lose to the big boys, and finish around 7-5.    If they wind up being good…..Watch Out!!!  This could really wind up being another one of those unranked AU teams that surprises everybody!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Almost certainly one of the best defenses in the sec, best running back in the country...questionable QB, o-line and wrs..sure but can’t get in over coastal carolina? Are you kidding me? A new coach makes that much of a difference? We didn’t pick up just any Joe Schmoe...

Our team and coaches just have to prove themselves. 

The recent years have shown that polls will respect Auburn when we give them reasons to respect us. We wont get in on brand recognition alone like Texas, but we will get in when we show we deserve it IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

It really comes down to the OL.   I think everyone (team, coaches, fans, etc.) knows that.   
Our D will be anywhere from pretty good to down right nasty!  We should be able to lean on them at times.  
Our RB room isn’t very deep, but Tank and Worm are as good of a 1-2 combo you’ll find anywhere.  
The young WRs are stepping up.   There will be some growing pains there, but lots of talent.  
QBs will be good enough to get the job done.  I know this is a highly debated issue, so that’s all I will say, but we’re ok here.  
TE room is loaded.  And we’re planning on utilizing that talent this year!

OL - ?????    If they stink, we’ll win the lower tier games and lose to the big boys, and finish around 7-5.    If they wind up being good…..Watch Out!!!  This could really wind up being another one of those unranked AU teams that surprises everybody!!!

What's fun to think about is that we've gone into each of the last however many seasons- let's just say 5, doesn't really matter- with at least as many question marks, except the biggest one, which is the coaching staff. And we have every reason to believe that we upgraded there. 

Same QB as last two years, unless he cedes the role to a better one.

Same OL as last year, except more experience and, by all accounts, significantly improved S&C.

RBs... I think we're in a better spot than we've been in for quite some time if we get to the opener with our top 2 plus Hunter and the walk-on all healthy. If Ingram really is as good as the murmurs are starting to suggest he is, then we are in *great* shape and as deep with legitimate talent as we've been since 2017. Yes, I say this every year, lol. But what we have no is absolutely no ambiguity about the guys listed as *running backs*. There are no Barretts or Joiners or other tweeners. A couple of them may or may not have low ceilings but it feels like a known floor on all of them which is "serviceable running back". And we've got a sure fire NFL talent, if not more. 

The lack of experience at WR is concerning but perhaps no position other than QB will benefit more from the enhanced offense + that stacked TE room you talked about.

Anyway. We've got problems but what's new, right? WDE

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just threw $5k down for us to win it all..........

Edited by AUcivE09
I never bet on AU
  • Like 2

I see this team getting better and better as the season progresses.  May not always be pretty in these first couple games but if the offense can start developing a rhythm by Halloween it could end up a pretty good season.