Open Practice for Fans August 28th

toddc

Auburn to hold open football practice for fans a week before opener

ByMARK MURPHY 85 minutes ago

Share10 Comments

Auburn Quarterbacks Show Their Passing Touch

AUBURN, Ala.–A week before the season opener and the day after the team’s second preseason scrimmage, the Auburn football team has scheduled an open practice and has invited fans to attend the event at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Called the Auburn Family Football Preseason Kickoff, it is set for Saturday, August 28th.

The practice is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. CDT with gates to the stadium opening at 1 p.m. The Tigers also did a similar event this year during spring practice.

Prior to practice there will be other activities scheduled outside the stadium on Heisman Drive. Those include appearances by Aubie, the Auburn University Marching Band, the cheerleaders, Tiger Paws, the Southeastern Raptor Center and food vendors. There will be inflatable bounce houses for kids along with tailgate games, face painting and more, Auburn officials announced on Monday.

Unlike the football fan day events that were regularly held in August prior to the pandemic there will be no autograph sessions with the players or coaches.

Fans attending practice are requested to sit in sections 24-34 on the east side.  Water will be available for purchase and restrooms will be open on the east concourse. The game day clear bag policy will be in effect when entering Jordan-Hare Stadium. Parking will be available in the arena, campus safety and coliseum lots.

10COMMENTS

Auburn will open the season on Sept. 4th with a home game vs. Akron in what will be the debut contest for the team’s new head coach, Bryan Harsin.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

• toddc changed the title to Open Practice for Fans August 28th

This is pretty cool.  I assume the day after a scrimmage will be a really light walk through probably on things coaches saw on film, then game week starts Monday.

Also, I thought the next scrimmage was this Friday...which seemed like a quick turn around.

20 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I thought the second and final scrimmage is this Friday? Something is off with article?

Thinking about it now, having a scrimmage a week before the 1st game doesn't seem very smart.  Article has to be wrong

It’s a practice and probably a light one. I don’t see it as a problem. Just a PR move for the fans to get excited. It should say two weeks before first game I think 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, toddc said:

It’s a practice and probably a light one. I don’t see it as a problem. Just a PR move for the fans to get excited. It should say two weeks before first game I think 

It’s a week before Akron game.  

It’s just not the day after the second scrimmage.  

• Thanks 1