gus and boise state

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Your ability to perform your contract is not based on the performance of others.  That makes the comparison less than a good fit.  Look, I said nothing about there being no consequences.  My only point was that the personal animosity some throw out there is childish. 

If others would do the same, I would have no problem  making contracts performance based.  However, no good coach will want to work for you if you are the only program constructing contracts like that. Gus was rewarded for 2013 and he should have been.  He was clearly a large part of the only 2 teams that have played for a National Title since 1953.  He also deserved to be rewarded for 2017, just not to that degree.

Lmao. Now you are all over the place. Like I said, you can’t blame someone else for him choosing to sign the contract. That’s exactly what you did. You are not going to make me go down some rabbit hole by trying to add several different arguments to the discussion.

So I am going to ask you one more time (once again) whose fault was it that Gus signed the contract ?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Lmao. Now you are all over the place. Like I said, you can’t blame someone else for him choosing to sign the contract. That’s exactly what you did. You are not going to make me go down some rabbit hole by trying to add several different arguments to the discussion.

So I am going to ask you one more time (once again) whose fault was it that Gus signed the contract ?

I'm all over the place? Ok.  There is no fault in signing the contract.  The fault is in offering the contract.

My original comment dealt with the childish bitterness of the "I don't like you" nonsense that I personally feel people go overboard with.  I feel the same regardless of which former coach is topic of conversation.  I never hated Terry Bowden.  I didn't like it when he ran his mouth years after he left, but that is another story.  I never hated on Tubs and I wished him well at Tx Tech and Cincinatti.  Chizik the same. Each one of those men had incredible success at some point in their tenure as head coach. The same goes for Gus. Gus actually had more success than most, having been a part of 2 championship game appearances, one as HC and another as assistant.  When each of them resigned or was let go, it was time for change. 

There is only one former assistant coach that I don't wish well.  That is Scott Loeffler. He trash talked the program after leaving and that is why I have no respect for him.

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no fault in signing the contract.

So then you are blaming Auburn for Gus signing the contract . That’s all I wanted to hear. So now I know what type of person you are. No need to waste my time with you anymore.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There is no fault in signing the contract.  The fault is in offering the contract.

That concept is too complicated for some on this forum.

i was glad to see gus go but i refuse to berate the man the rest of his life or mine. gus did some great things and some not so great things. i wish him well. has anyone not noticed like baby bowden and tubs and who  got fired from auburn with all the hate and the anger to my knowledge gus has not said one bad thing about auburn. i cherish his help with the natty and almost winning another one. i cherish the wins over bama. i wish him well. and as all those holier than thou jawja fans running their mouth i personally loved when the said 'we beat the dog crap out of em'. he did not just decide one day to say i believe i am gonna screw auburn this weekend .His paranoia, his stubbornness, and all the faults he had were all human faults and not him trying to hurt auburn. all big time coaches face enormous pressure and at auburn with our good ol boys i do believe it is worse.muschamp said he would not be back and the same can be said for mr rocker who refuses to coach at his own alma mater. there is a reason for this. our boosters and money guys meddle too much. and like the other person said in this thread people are mad because he excepted his contract which set him up for life. anyone would be a fool to turn that down. some of you can hate gus all you want but i wish him well. and i am glad he is gone before anyone cracks different on here. but i refuse to hate a man who fell short.

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

So some of you guys wouldnt be mad if you paid a contractor to oversee the building of your house and the thing looked half-arsed when his team of workers finished?

Yes they would but they would never admit it.

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wont kick off until at least 8:45 CT

Just looked at the radar and that seems excessive.  Also not a fan of the Bruce pic but also not anything to make a big deal about.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Yep our normal lighting/rain storm just stop here in Winter Park about 10 minutes ago

Does it seem like it is clearing up?

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes for now but it was a good rain storm but not a lot of lighting  

Might benefit boise if the fans decide to watch the game at the bars.

Archived