gus and boise state

aubiefifty

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I was very, very unimpressed with Avalos.

I was equally unimpressed. Way too conservative. Did not manage the clock well at all. Also, his OC went to sleep in the second half. However, it is his first year being a HC.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, interesting to see the participation from all of those who haven't thought about him at all since he left and he's no longer Auburn's coach. (Psst- Some reading this might think I'm laughing with them. They might be wrong about that.)

Many have predicted that UCF will have a fine season. There's no reason they shouldn't. But anyone paying attention knows that 2021 won't be the season upon which to gauge Gus's success down there, and certainly not the one upon which to gauge Auburn's wisdom in going a different direction. 

As for this thread, it wasn't nearly as toxic as some pearl clutching I see would suggest. Especially not for a guy who's still getting paid quite handsomely for his mediocrity at Auburn. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he'll get paid more Auburn money this season than Auburn's current head coach will. 

It is always one or two posters who are Gus fans causing a rift. Being objective you have to give Gus his props, but I really wasn't all that impressed. I thought the defense was far more impressive by T-Will tbh. One of these Gus fans can't stand me but he chases me around every forum hoping for a response lol. I hope T-Will gets his opportunity in the big leagues. I hope that UCF QB keeps playing at a high level of ball and his talent isn't limited this season. Also, UCF has a great RB from Northwestern who balled out. Big Kat has found his level of play. It is going to be interesting to see what they do against Louisville, Cincinnati, etc. 

4 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Malzahn was looking for something a bit different to eat after the game. He’s reviving his postgame victory tradition by finding a local Waffle House for a bite.

“Ham and cheese omelet — scattered, smothered, covered and chunked,” he said in a quiet moment before pausing dramatically and creasing a smile across his face. “Probably tonight, I’ll get a waffle, too.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/we-are-the-big-school-on-seminal-night-ucf-shows-glimpse-of-future-and-what-big-12-membership-could-bring-071227432.html

We have just a few WH in metro Orl. there is one about 4 miles from his house and one about the same distance from their stadium

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Also, UCF has a great RB from Northwestern who balled out. 

Bowers stood out, didn't he? I was super impressed. Maybe not the fastest guy, but decisive and hard to tackle. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Bowers stood out, didn't he? I was super impressed. Maybe not the fastest guy, but decisive and hard to tackle. 

He just makes very smooth cuts. High IQ which I have to say isn’t a surprise being from NW.  Now, I hope Gus doesn’t run him to the ground. He has a QB who can make plays and make all of the throws.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

He just makes very smooth cuts. High IQ which I have to say isn’t a surprise being from NW.  Now, I hope Gus doesn’t run him to the ground. He has a QB who can make plays and make all of the throws.

Smooth is a good way to put it

16 hours ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Wow then can't even get a ball to the endzone. Lame Duck throw. And Ties a comeback record for UCF. 

Reminded me a lot of a Jeremy Johnson Hail Mary.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Reading this thread from start to finish was FUN!

Hats off to Coach Malzahn for a big comeback on offense. It was worth staying up past midnight to watch this game unfold.

Special hats off to Coach T-Will for some marvelous defensive adjustments. The only score BSU got in the 2nd half was following an interception and long return, which gave them a short field. Pretty good for a guy somebody said "didn't understand the basics of defense" and "couldn't grasp play diagrams".

Yes, T-Will the guy “Insiders” claimed helped “Gus get fired” at Auburn. Then Gus turned around and hired him as defensive coordinator at Central Florida. 

Simply great second quarter and half time adjustments by Gus and T-Will!

17 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Reminded me a lot of a Jeremy Johnson Hail Mary.

I think some of it was fatigue and he was getting pounded. IDK what adjustments T Will made at the half but it worked. He was on the ground a lot. I bet he slept well last night.

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Agree, hope Gus does not run him into the ground as I would like to see MAR get some carries and see if the hype about him was real or not

Archived