gus and boise state

aubiefifty

this will almost be a must watch for me. i want to see what kind of players coach harsin had back then. also i want to see what gus pulls out of the bag at ucf.

UCF vs Boise State Prediction, Game Preview

Pete Fiutak
Fri, August 13, 2021, 5:29 PM

e01839b592b658c0ad23437e03b93154

UCF vs Boise State prediction and game preview.

UCF vs Boise State Broadcast

Date: Thursday, September 2
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Bounce House, Orlando, FL
Network: ESPN

All of the CFN Fearless Predictions

UCF (0-0) vs Boise State (0-0) Game Preview

Why Boise State Will Win

New head coach Andy Avalos is about to bring in a high-octane passing attack – at least that’s the hope – with the talent and ability to keep up with teams just like UCF.

The Broncos have an outstanding receiving corps, a terrific quarterback in Hank Bachmeier – at least when he’s healthy – or Jack Sears, and the experience up front to come up with a stronger overall year. The O was already strong, and now it should be even more explosive.

On the other side, Avalos – the former Oregon defensive coordinator – has a loaded group with nine starters back on one of the Mountain West’s best defenses. The linebacking corps is experienced enough and talented enough to keep the UCF ground game from cranking out the home runs it wants to, but …

Why UCF Will Win

Boise State has a little bit of work to do.

It’s still going to be one of the Mountain West’s best teams – if not the star of stars – and it’s got the talent to quickly get past a few of the 2020 issues, but the ground game needs to prove it can get rumbling again. The bigger problem could be a secondary that has to crank it up at corner and come up with more big plays – not a plus against this UCF passing game.

New Knight head man Gus Malzahn inherits an attack that averaged 568 yards and 42 points per game, and he should be able to tweak things up just enough to matter.

Expect more from the running game – even against what should be a brick wall of a Boise State defensive front – and a whole lot of quick, big plays in a high-energy attack.

No, the defense isn’t going to be special – Boise State will have its moments – but it’s loaded with experience and brings in a few nice parts from the transfer portal. As long as it holds serve once in a while, the offense will take care of the rest.

What’s Going To Happen

Be ticked off if this isn’t a blast.

Not to fire with faint praise, but call this an elimination game in the race for the Group of Five’s spot in the New Year’s Six bowls. More importantly, consider this a showcase game for all of those conferences – what’s up, Big 12? – that desperately needs to find expansion partners.

Both defenses will be fine at times throughout the season, but this will be about the offensive fun.

Expect over 600 passing yards between the two, wild mood swings, and a whole lot of big plays in what turns out to be one of the best games of Week 1.

At home, UCF will get just a bit more out of its offense in the fourth quarter, but it’ll take a late defensive stop to get out of the Bounce House alive.

CFN 2021 Preview of all 130 teams

UCF vs Boise State Prediction, Line

UCF 43, Boise State 38
UCF -4, o/u: 71

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their stadium is called "the bounce house????" If Boise can go into FSU and win, I think they can win in the Bounce house.

This will be entertaining for lots of reasons. No offense to all of the UCF fans on here.... I am so just happy that Gus isn't leading our team and i don't have to watch the same offense we've seen forever. I can watch the game as a fan and still be able to call the plays... dive middle right after first downs but the rb will get 1 yard because everyone is worn out, get the run going then hit them with the play action statue of liberty pass, to mix in the pass-throw in lots of screens. Offense will be clicking with their script but there will be stale quarters for sure. Going to be a hoot. 

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Their stadium is called "the bounce house????" If Boise can go into FSU and win, I think they can win in the Bounce house.

Added facts- it's called "the bounce house" because the stadium literally shakes when they get rowdy due to the mostly metal girder construction.

Also- I hate to even say this but FSU at home isn't the same crowd as UCF over the last 5ish years. Especially the last 3

9 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Added facts- it's called "the bounce house" because the stadium literally shakes when they get rowdy due to the mostly metal girder construction.

Also- I hate to even say this but FSU at home isn't the same crowd as UCF over the last 5ish years. Especially the last 3

For sure.. It's just seemed like a big deal at the time. Looking forward to this game.

I'm ready for football!

well i will watch this no doubt. gus says he is a new coach and he needed the time off to get his mind right. if he does like he did at auburn i do not think ucf will let him stick around like we did. but i wish gus the best. sure i was done with him but i am not eaten up with hate. i just wonder if gus will run the same thing or if he has not learned anything over the years.

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well i will watch this no doubt. gus says he is a new coach and he needed the time off to get his mind right. if he does like he did at auburn i do not think ucf will let him stick around like we did. but i wish gus the best. sure i was done with him but i am not eaten up with hate. i just wonder if gus will run the same thing or if he has not learned anything over the years.

I will say this Gabriel is a gunslinger and he would be foolish not to take advantage of it.

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will say this Gabriel is a gunslinger and he would be foolish not to take advantage of it.

even tho they stomped us i have no axe to grind with ucf. it should be an interesting game.

Did the writer just say that Boise's secondary has to crank it up for the UCF passing attack? 

Think I must have landed in the twilight zone. 

Note to Boise: watch out for those tight ends.

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Did the writer just say that Boise's secondary has to crank it up for the UCF passing attack? 

Think I must have landed in the twilight zone. 

Note to Boise: watch out for those tight ends.

If Gus tries to run he old offense he will get Dillion killed. Dillion's strenghts are passing gus better throw it at least 35 times or more. UCF can have a good run game but passing is what Dillion wants to do to get to the next level

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

UCF is going to be dangerous this year.  Gus has a qb that’s already been developed and we know that’s his recipe for success.

On this I agree once Dillion is gone its going to be interesting.... hell I may even go see a game to watch Gus chew his bubble gum

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

If Gus tries to run he old offense he will get Dillion killed. Dillion's strenghts are passing gus better throw it at least 35 times or more. UCF can have a good run game but passing is what Dillion wants to do to get to the next level

10 screens and 25 all 9s it is

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'll definitely be watching this one. If UCF makes a big play that is not followed up instantly by a run up the gut I may throw something at the TV.

I am probably in the minority but I hope Gus does well in this game.  I would like him to be successful, just like I rooted for Chizik at North Carolina as their DC and Tubberville at Texas Tech and Cincinnati.  No hatred from me.  I am overly happy with Harsin so far though and a change was needed for sure so don't get me wrong.

My friend sent me a presser of a reporter asking Gus how long it will take to install his whole offense ?

he responded with “the thing about an offense, for the play to work it takes all 11 people.” 

such wisdom 

I'll be watching this game with great interest. I would not be shocked if getting fired from AU lit a fire under Gus and he'll come out with a creative offense once again. I'm not sure why every coach Auburn hires get more and more conservative over time but it happened to Tubby and it happened to Gus as well. But i do still think Gus has that great play caller inside of him that we saw during his early days at AU. I still remember him putting together a great offense with freaking Chris Todd at QB. And the comments about UCF already having a good starting QB can not be understated. Gus does great with QBs that already know how to play the position. 

I'd be surprised if UFC and Gus didn't do well. Like other's mentioned, when Gus is handed an already developed roster, he can usually do well. 

The real test will be several years from now when Gus has to develop raw talent himself or doesn't have the right roster for his gameplan that he never changes. 

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'd be surprised if UFC and Gus didn't do well

Ok.  That’s where I draw the line.   No way Gus would do well in the UFC!  He would get killed in the octagon.  

Archived