More Scrimmage Intel:

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So then what's your point lol. You are the one talking about his ranking. 

Hell they told trey lance he couldn't play QB and Bo is a 5 star I'm sure Bo would say it's a win if he can get to where lance is as a qb

You want to rely on the 1 in a thousand kid that was good at MTSU and played special teams for one season. 

That's not going to get us very far and will get Harsin fired by year 4.  We aren't at that point and probably never will be especially with transfers.

I don't know what to tell you, we aren't going to take the 50th ranked kid in Alabama very often if ever...just to build a relationship with a HS program.

I'm glad it worked out for the kid

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

You want to rely on the 1 in a thousand kid that was good at MTSU and played special teams for one season. 

That's not going to get us very far and will get Harsin fired by year 4.  We aren't at that point and probably never will be especially with transfers.

I don't know what to tell you, we aren't going to take the 50th ranked kid in Alabama very often if ever...just to build a relationship with a HS program.

No he doesn't want to rely on that nor did he imply that. Again, you are just exaggerating points, but I am not going to get in this argument with you either.

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ok I read this twice and it was even funnier the second time. C’mon we gonna let this slide by? Anyone? Anyone?? :) 

i do that when i get stoned and people miss most of them. great catch. believe it or not tis your choice...........grins

Braden Smith

Juco Dampeer

Ladies and gentlemen the super good recruiting class of 2014 that keeps getting passed off as being awesome. Two guys.....And thank God for Smith because if he hadn't of came this class would look like most of the others. 

There are 5 o linemen on the field at all times sometimes more. If you are just signing one or two guys a year it's safe to say you are being very very stupid. 

So if you have a super athletic 6'6" 280 guy who is also dunking on guys available.....yeah maybe take a chance as opposed to having nothing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You just can't understand lol and played special teams? Lol you always got to make something up because you be damned if you say my bad. Lol I'm done 👎

Edited by cole256

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No he doesn't want to rely on that nor did he imply that. Again, you are just exaggerating points, but I am not going to get in this argument with you either.

How am I exaggerating points?  Cole is using a kid ranked 1910th and 51st in the state as a basis of who we need to be taking right now.  I disagree with that.  You don't?

Yes, we need to be locking down ALL of Alabama.  That was literally my first response to Cole.

I just don't believe we're ready to start stealing kids from MTSU or other directional schools.  There are a lot of good players still out there and our coaches have been offering them.  If they find one they really like from Florence Alabama, I'm sure they'll offer him regardless of his ranking.  

Ladies and gentlemen the super good recruiting class of 2014

Bless your heart.  it's funny how you pitch a fit about ppl making things up when you do it constantly

If you are just signing one or two guys a year

Literally said this as a critique of Gus and you tried to argue against it.  Lamo.  This VERY SAME THREAD

Edited by W.E.D

You just can't understand lol and played special teams? Lol you always got to make something up because you be damned if you say my bad. Lol I'm done 👎

Yes.  I posted his stats.  In 7 games he played 2 snaps per game on offense and 4.5 on special teams.  That's a special teams player.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Bless your heart.  it's funny how you pitch a fit about ppl making things up when you do it constantly

If I made ANYTHING UP about the two o line recruits from the 2014 class please let me know.

And you just outright lied in your post to dag. I didn't say any of that. But if you took your head out of your ass and actually listened as opposed to making stuff up lying you'd know

Yes.  I posted his stats.  In 7 games he played 2 snaps per game on offense and 4.5 on special teams.  That's a special teams player.

Lol had to try to find something to try to make him not be good. Post his college stats since this is Auburn

Just now, cole256 said:

If I made ANYTHING UP about the two o line recruits from the 2014 class please let me know.

And you just outright lied in your post to dag. I didn't say any of that. But if you took your head out of your ass and actually listened as opposed to making stuff up lying you'd know

I literally posted what you made up.  Please quote me saying it was "Super Good".  You can't.

Dampeer was a multiple year contributor, IIRC, and Braden Smith was a 4 year starter and probably the best OL Gus signed.
We'd be lucky to have that class this year.  That's a good class.  Not "Super Good"

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol had to try to find something to try to make him not be good. Post his college stats since this is Auburn

Try to find something?  I had to ask 4 times and you'd never answer me so I had to go searching through Alabama state rankings until I could find who the hell you were even talking about.  So yeah, once I finally found him...b/c you were being all coy and secretive, a quick google search outlined that

I literally posted what you made up.  Please quote me saying it was "Super Good".  You can't.

Dampeer was a multiple year contributor, IIRC, and Braden Smith was a 4 year starter and probably the best OL Gus signed.
We'd be lucky to have that class this year.  That's a good class.  Not "Super Good"

Lol oh you are talking about the word super.....when you literally say I said complete thoughts that I didn't say one word of....we're done here. You have officially hit clown status on this one 🤡

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How am I exaggerating points?  Cole is using a kid ranked 1910th and 51st in the state as a basis of who we need to be taking right now.  I disagree with that.  You don't?

Yes, we need to be locking down ALL of Alabama.  That was literally my first response to Cole.

I just don't believe we're ready to start stealing kids from MTSU or other directional schools.  There are a lot of good players still out there and our coaches have been offering them.  If they find one they really like from Florence Alabama, I'm sure they'll offer him regardless of his ranking.  

No one is saying we should get in a time machine and sign this exact kid. It was simply an example of a diamond in the rough. The "type" of guys we might need to start pulling in until we can get the top rated recruits. We all agree the sheer number of recruits on the OL has been woefully lacking. We need to start pulling in some bodies, even if it's lower rated guys. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cole256 said:

we're done here.

Yeah, you were done 5 posts ago but keep responding.  GMAFB.  Get over yourself a bit.  You s*** your pants when someone has a simple conversation with you.

My damn 1st comment to you was literally "I agree with your overall point" then you got mad b/c I don't think we should start taking kids ranked between 1500 and 2000 solely b/c in August, before a game is played, we haven't filled up on OL yet.

• Like 1

Yeah, you were done 5 posts ago but keep responding.  GMAFB.  Get over yourself a bit.  You s*** your pants when someone has a simple conversation with you.

My damn 1st comment to you was literally "I agree with your overall point" then you got mad b/c I don't think we should start taking kids ranked between 1500 and 2000 solely b/c in August, before a game is played, we haven't filled up on OL yet.

Ok 👌🏽

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

No one is saying we should get in a time machine and sign this exact kid. It was simply an example of a diamond in the rough. The "type" of guys we might need to start pulling in until we can get the top rated recruits. We all agree the sheer number of recruits on the OL has been woefully lacking. We need to start pulling in some bodies, even if it's lower rated guys. 

He knows that's what I was saying. His pride is hurt. I tried to avoid him even arguing stupid stuff all the time but here we are

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

The coaches aren't of that mindset right now.  We aren't signing and stealing kids from directional lower level P5 schools.

There is a dearth of difference between signing a 5* kid and taking him from Bama and signing a kid that barely has any offers.  That might be a one off, but we've got a long long long way to go before we start doing that.  There are literally 100s of kids available before we start going that route.

What's more, with the transfer portal, we can afford to not sign that player out of HS and bring him back home if he does do well.  We did exactly that and stole a really good kid from Kansas no one recruited....45 miles from Auburn.

Just now, cole256 said:

He knows that's what I was saying. His pride is hurt. I tried to avoid him even arguing stupid stuff all the time but here we are

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahhahhaha

If you think my pride is hurt or grows over post on a message board. Lmfao.

You think we should start signing kids no one wants b/c there is a fraction of a % chance they turn out like the 2000th ranked kid in America from 2015.  That's not a good strategy.  Signing a raw, athletic kid that barely has any offers from good G5 schools in the 2021 class...before we even start he season...isn't going to happen.

Now, maybe we get there in late January.  Maybe we hold those spots for transfers and kids that have proved themselves in college, IDK. 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahhahhaha

If you think my pride is hurt or grows over post on a message board. Lmfao.

You think we should start signing kids no one wants b/c there is a fraction of a % chance they turn out like the 2000th ranked kid in America from 2015.  That's not a good strategy.  Signing a raw, athletic kid that barely has any offers from good G5 schools in the 2021 class...before we even start he season...isn't going to happen.

Now, maybe we get there in late January.  Maybe we hold those spots for transfers and kids that have proved themselves in college, IDK. 

Nobody said ANYTHING about a timeline in this convo but you, talking to yourself. But ok 👌🏽

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The coaches aren't of that mindset right now.  We aren't signing and stealing kids from directional lower level P5 schools.

There is a dearth of difference between signing a 5* kid and taking him from Bama and signing a kid that barely has any offers.  That might be a one off, but we've got a long long long way to go before we start doing that.  There are literally 100s of kids available before we start going that route.

What's more, with the transfer portal, we can afford to not sign that player out of HS and bring him back home if he does do well.  We did exactly that and stole a really good kid from Kansas no one recruited....45 miles from Auburn.

We have several guys committed at other positions with less than impressive offer lists. But you're missing the forest for the trees. The point is I hope we load up on the OL, even if it means some lower 3 star guys. 

I like how the staff has used the portal, but I hope we don't have to rely on it for OL recruiting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody said ANYTHING about a timeline in this convo but you, talking to yourself. But ok 👌🏽

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

We're at the point where if you see an 6'6" athletic 3 star we need to go for it

yeah you did, bud.  ✌️

Edited by W.E.D

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

We have several guys committed at other positions with less than impressive offer lists. But you're missing the forest for the trees. The point is I hope we load up on the OL, even if it means some lower 3 star guys. 

I like how the staff has used the portal, but I hope we don't have to rely on it for OL recruiting. 

The lowest ranked kids have been really hyped on the recruiting board.  Fair, The DE from Auburn, Wooden's brother.  They are also literally 1000+ spots higher.  Rankings arne't the end all 

I don't think anyone wants to rely on the portal, but it is a very useful tool vs taking guys that will have a bust rate near 100%.  That's not a knock on those kids, but it's a fact.

I think we also need to understand there is a massive gap between a kid like Easton Harris, who is the highest ranked 3* OT, and a "lower 3* kid".  There are like 1700 ranked 3* kids.  We aren't ready to just start taking kids.  We've got 5 months before we're stealing true projects.

Edited by W.E.D

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The lowest ranked kids have been really hyped on the recruiting board.  Fair, The DE from Auburn, Wooden's brother.  They are also literally 1000+ spots higher.  Rankings arne't the end all 

I don't think anyone wants to rely on the portal, but it is a very useful tool vs taking guys that will have a bust rate near 100%.  That's not a knock on those kids, but it's a fact.

I think we also need to understand there is a massive gap between a kid like Easton Harris, who is the highest ranked 3* OT, and a "lower 3* kid".  There are like 1700 ranked 3* kids.  We aren't ready to just start taking kids.  We've got 5 months before we're stealing true projects.

We all know that all 3 stars aren't the same. We all know rankings aren't the end all. No one is saying to immediately take the next 3 star who is willing to commit. I am simply hoping the staff can identify and recruit some of the lower 3 stars who are underrated. And I think they can. It's not that wild of a take. 

We basically agree on everything, but these debates are never ending because you like to obsess and argue over one little detail someone uses to make their point. It feels like you search for anything you can find to disagree. Then you act surprised and say you agreed all along. I know you like to debate, but it's hard to have an honest debate when it's not clear what you actually believe or what the point is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

I am simply hoping the staff can identify and recruit some of the lower 3 stars who are underrated. And I think they can. It's not that wild of a take. 

yeah, that's fine.  I don't disagree.  We'll have 3-4 3* OL in this class unless someone is a Sr riser.

But @cole256literally said "We're at the point" to start taking those kids.  I don't agree, which is all my reply was.  We have plenty of time to find guys blowing up their Sr year or some really good border line kids before we get to that point.

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

We basically agree on everything, but these debates are never ending because you like to obsess and argue over one little detail someone uses to make their point. It feels like you search for anything you can find to disagree. Then you act surprised and say you agreed all along. I know you like to debate, but it's hard to have an honest debate when it's not clear what you actually believe or what the point is. 

There really wasn't me searching for anything.  It was a basic conversation.  People talk about an overall topic.  I literally agreed with everything vs it's time to start taking really raw athletic kids and hope they work out.

Edited by W.E.D