More Scrimmage Intel:

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Yeah Sean made it hard on himself, and if he were not counted on to start QB probably would've been gone sooner.  He wouldn't have made it a week with the new staff

we agree! i did hear the ladies sure loved him so imagine it was hard.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

And I don't think we're at that point yet.  Do you think we need to take the 2000th ranked kid in America just to build some relationships?  We can do that w/out it.

If we fill out or OL class with kids ranked 1500 to 2000 it's going to be a disaster.  They have a sub 5% chance of contributing at a P5 school.  Unless there is 1 that we really think could be good those spots are better used on Transfers

So just agree to disagree. You don't have to exaggerate like the guy is making some outlandish post. I think the general consensus of posters understood what he was trying to say. 

I think a bright side to the current state of the O-line, is they are just now learning how to play the position at a high level.  These things usually take young linemen a year or two to figure out, even with really good coaching.  These guys are mature, they are experienced, so the learning curve should be less severe.  I truly believe the o-line as a whole will get better each week.  

That being said, I don't think that will translate to better pocket awareness from QB1.  He's played that way since I first saw him play in HS.  This is all new to him.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

So just agree to disagree. You don't have to exaggerate like the guy is making some outlandish post. I think the general consensus of posters understood what he was trying to say. 

So did he! Just loves trying to make a point.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Thank you. I could use the Alabama guard that's a monster from this past year. I literally just picked a guy. My point is you don't just leave entire regions for everybody else

Who?  Deonte Brown from Decatur was a top 200 player and the other guard from Inidian Ekiyor was ranked even higher.

Both tackles were 5* kids and Landon Dickerson was a 5* as well.

I'm not sure which player on last years Bama OL was ranked in the 1000s

Are you so ignorant you don't know you have to scout guys? And the period you so called said was good recruiting were filled with 3 star guys. It's funny that this random particular guy you keep dissing is literally better than everybody in all the classes of your good recruiting period

Actually strike that everybody except for one

Edited by cole256

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

All's I know, if I were QB of an SEC school, I wouldn't have been worth a damn on the field.  Too many distractions. 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm not exaggerating.  He's literally using a guy ranked 1910th in America in 2015.

I also did agree with nearly his entire point, just we aren't at the time yet were we need to load up on a ton of developmental players w/out any P5 or even high level G5 offers

Edited by W.E.D

Also, I am not one who loses my mind over rankings. If they coaching staff wants to recruit an unranked guy and feel they can utilize him to  make an impact on the roster than go for it. I remember this originally occurred when we offered the Auburn linebacker and that turned into this huge ordeal. 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Who?  Deonte Brown from Decatur was a top 200 player and the other guard from Inidian Ekiyor was ranked even higher.

Both tackles were 5* kids and Landon Dickerson was a 5* as well.

I'm not sure which player on last years Bama OL was ranked in the 1000s

Yes Brown. We didn't even offer. We didn't recruit. I can give a damn about all the value you are putting in rankings btw. If the rankings were rock solid we'd be much better than we are on offense

I'm not exaggerating.  He's literally using a guy ranked 1910th in America in 2015.

Okay? So? Why are you making a big deal about that versus understanding his point?

You mean the 6'6" 320 all American 4 year starter that was good enough to get playing time in the NFL as a rookie on a playoff team? That guy?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am confused lol

WED understood cole’s point but he just can’t take okay for an answer and argues until the whole thread is unreadable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Yes Brown. We didn't even offer. We didn't recruit. I can give a damn about all the value you are putting in rankings btw. If the rankings were rock solid we'd be much better than we are on offense

lol cmon.  Deonte Brown and the other kid aren't even in the same realm.  

Decatur is a pretty damn huge strong hold for Alabama.

Also, JB Grimes literally visited him.  It's on his 247 profile.  So, yeah.  We did recruit him. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Okay? So? Why are you making a big deal about that versus understanding his point?

Lol that number sounds so much better than the 4th rated o tackle in the state right? Lol. You have to realize this is the guy who argued about me saying around 6.0 and he countered no it's 5.8. Will exaggerate and do anything to argue

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You mean the 6'6" 320 all American 4 year starter that was good enough to get playing time in the NFL as a rookie on a playoff team? That guy?

End of discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

lmao, he wasn't good enough for dozens and dozens of P5 schools that recruit Alabama.  

Was Demarcus Ware and Osi not good enough for Auburn or Alabama?  No.  Some kids slip through the cracks.

lol cmon.  Deonte Brown and the other kid aren't even in the same realm.  

Decatur is a pretty damn huge strong hold for Alabama.

Also, JB Grimes literally visited him.  It's on his 247 profile.  So, yeah.  We did recruit him. 

Oh so he just lied then when he said Auburn didn't really go after him for real. We recruited the hell out of him.....we didn't offer him a scholarship but we recruited. And what in the hell does their talent level have to do with ANYTHING being discussed. 

But he must be closer in the realm of the high rated other guys you were trumping up judging by the NFL

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

WED understood cole’s point but he just can’t take okay for an answer and argues until the whole thread is unreadable.

I mean, I literally told him I agree with him and asked for more about this player a few times.  He never told me.  I had to find him on him on my own.  Our 2015 class was a solid OL class. So was 2014.  16 was light with just 1 player, and 2017 was solid too...cole agrees.

This player wasn't ever going to be taken by Auburn when we were recruiting well.  IDK if he would even be taken by this current staff.

My counter point is that it is still really early in the recruiting cycle.  We have a few targets that are pretty good 3* kids.  If we uncover a legit prospect and scout him, we'll offer...but I think we're far off from loading up on kids ranked between 1500 and 2000.  That's not an exaggeration b/c the recruit in question was ranked 1900

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Ok I read this twice and it was even funnier the second time. C’mon we gonna let this slide by? Anyone? Anyone?? :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh so he just lied then when he said Auburn didn't really go after him for real. We recruited the hell out of him.....we didn't offer him a scholarship but we recruited. And what in the hell does their talent level have to do with ANYTHING being discussed. 

But he must be closer in the realm of the high rated other guys you were trumping up judging by the NFL

To translate, the position coaches, the director of recruiting, etc, etc wanted the kid, but Gus said nah.  That was my experience with HS o-line recruiting during the Gus era

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

lmao, he wasn't good enough for dozens and dozens of P5 schools that recruit Alabama.  

Was Demarcus Ware and Osi not good enough for Auburn or Alabama?  No.  Some kids slip through the cracks.

So then what's your point lol. You are the one talking about his ranking. 

Hell they told trey lance he couldn't play QB and Bo is a 5 star I'm sure Bo would say it's a win if he can get to where lance is as a qb

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

He committed to Bama in April of 2015.  That was EXTREMELY early, especially when it was pre-december signing day.

Brown was a really good player who Saban locked down really early.  Yes, we couldn't beat out Saban for an NFL OL.  One that was never going to flip.  Grimes visited him and probably quickly moved on.  B/c he was a terrible recruiter and there was a 0% chance we'd flip him from Bama.  He clearly made the right choice. 

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ok I read this twice and it was even funnier the second time. C’mon we gonna let this slide by? Anyone? Anyone?? :) 

Ol' Fifty slid that one in there.

Edited by USATiger