Hudson sliding down the depth chart?

aubiefifty

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, they've been a dying breed for a while.  Probably why Jay G Tate/PAM smartly jumped to an online platform when they had the opportunity.

Doesn't mean rando beat writers for AL.com or the Montgomery Adivsor or Bham Times (idk what the actual papers are) think of themselves differently than the Fanboys "writers" for Rivals/247.

From reading the reactions/tweets it is pretty clear the disagreement in Harsin's action are Paper vs Online beat writers.  Hoke 100% was excited to get that cap and will wear it.  I don't think a coach "promotes" his brand to the media by giving away free stuff.  He's already promoted his brand by talking with them during SEC media days and hitting the national shows with big audiences.

I do find the reaction between the two distinct groups to be so different.  The 247/Rivals guys were all mad Harsin wouldn't sit down with them during SEC Media days....now they are all pumped they got a hat.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I almost take it more as manipulating the fanboy writers than "promoting" anything.  This is a nothing story and will be gone by tomorrow when we might get some real, actual news post scrimmage.

If giving a hat will manipulate the media in any way, it says more about their character than Harsin’s intent.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DAG said:

And once again

Bingo. Some homies just somehow find themselves in these arguments in every single thread in which they participate. 

Man In The Mirror GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hahaha You started off by saying you don't know why this guy is wrong. He was wrong the minute he ran to twitter and tried to make a big freaking deal about a hat. There is no reason an Auburn beat writer should be going out that far of their way to make this big of a deal of their ball coach. 

A coach tossing hats to media is unorthodox.  He's not really wrong.  It's not a big deal nor should be, which was also in my 1st post.  They are "media" and the vast majority of all media try to take a stance on being neutral.  That's a pretty basic stance.

17 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure how they are wrong? 

Not he worst thing in the world but Def odd. 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

said two pages ago, that is clown behavior and anybody who supports that enjoys the clown show. This is the same guy who supposedly made up a gf and bragging about beating Gus Malzhan in ping pong, but he is accusing people of being odd and not knowing professional boundaries, right?

You can have interactions w/ a coach.  There's nothing really wrong with that.  Tossing team gear is a bit different.  Just odd or a little unorthodox.  But again, as I've stated, It's really not that big of a deal. 

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

You just said a page ago they were going to shame other people for taking the hat, yet we now see other journalist laughing at this dude.

Yeah, there are people agreeing with him and disagreeing with him.  It's clear the groups disagreeing with him, I've outlined them.  They are making their own drama and Auburn is caught in the middle of their drama.

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

The fact that you tried to initially defend this dude tells me a lot

Again, no one defended him.  I commented on journalists typical neutrality.  Literally also said it wasn't the worst thing, which means he's overreacting.

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If giving a hat will manipulate the media in any way, it says more about their character than Harsin’s intent.

Definitely.  These same ones were mad they didn't get good access to Harsin during SEC Media days.  They were all butt hurt b/c they couldn't get a 1v1 with Harsin when he out there on major networks and national radio shows truly promoting Auburn and his program.

Now Hoke & Others are right back on board b/c they got a free hat.  Which is kinda hilarious.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bingo. Some homies just somehow find themselves in these arguments in every single thread in which they participate. 

Man In The Mirror GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It is clear as day.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is clear as day.

It's pretty hilarious how mad you're about this non story.  Journalists pride themselves on being neutral, that's not really a big deal.  That's the sole statement that "wasn't really wrong"

Then you've somehow extrapolated that out to me agreeing with every action when I've said otherwise.  You're creating a narrative that I haven't supported, even though I've consistently said it's a non story, it's the media causing drama between themselves, and laughing at their actions and in fighting.

You assume I'm arguing with you and support some writer when it's pretty almost the entire opposite.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's pretty hilarious how mad you're about this non story.  Journalists pride themselves on being neutral, that's not really a big deal.  That's the sole statement that "wasn't really wrong"

Then you've somehow extrapolated that out to me agreeing with every action when I've said otherwise.  You're creating a narrative that I haven't supported, even though I've consistently said it's a non story, it's the media causing drama between themselves, and laughing at their actions and in fighting.

You assume I'm arguing with you and support some writer when it's pretty almost the entire opposite.

Your position seems to be that the original writer in this issue was only trying to maintain his “neutrality “ in covering AU football. If that assumption is correct, I do not agree. IMO his clear intention of using the term “odd” was to cast a negative light. He clearly insinuated that Harsin’s intent was to manipulate.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Your position seems to be that the original writer in this issue was only trying to maintain his “neutrality “ in covering AU football. If that assumption is correct, I do not agree. IMO his clear intention of using the term “odd” was to cast a negative light. He clearly insinuated that Harsin’s intent was to manipulate.

THANK YOU! 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am mad but this guy is running around quoting me lol.

lmao.  

"Person uses a message board and responds to me".

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure how they are wrong? 

Nitt he worst thing in the world but Def odd. 

Also you

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

My initial comment was on the neutrality.

odd defined: "different from what is usual or expected"

It is different from what is usually or expected for a head coach to throw team gear to media row, like they are fans.  I'm not really sure how anyone can disagree with that.  Unless I can see countless examples of a coach tossing great to media row, I stand my comment that it was unusual behavior.

It also doesn't really matter and not that big of a deal, which was in my 1st comment on this topic as well.

It can be both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, DAG said:

Also you

Yeah, his terminology isn't really wrong.  It was "different from what is usual or expected" for a coach to toss media team gear.

If I'm wrong, it happens pretty often.  If coaches are doing this in other places, then I'm not aware of it and clearly would admit it isn't "odd".  I've just never seen coaches doing this often.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

My initial comment was on the neutrality.

odd defined: "different from what is usual or expected"

It is different from what is usually or expected for a head coach to throw team gear to media row, like they are fans.  I'm not really sure how anyone can disagree with that.  Unless I can see countless examples of a coach tossing great to media row, I stand my comment that it was unusual behavior.

It also doesn't really matter and not that big of a deal, which was in my 1st comment on this topic as well.

It can be both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree your intent on using the term “odd” doesn’t matter and you may be correct. I was trying to address the guy covering Auburn Football’s intent. That IMO matters a great deal.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah, his terminology isn't really wrong.  It was "different from what is usual or expected" for a coach to toss media team gear.

If I'm wrong, it happens pretty often.  If coaches are doing this in other places, then I'm not aware of it and clearly would admit it isn't "odd".  I've just never seen coaches doing this often.

So you are supporting him? You just said that the opposite is true.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree your intent on using the term “odd” doesn’t matter and you may be correct. I was trying to address the guy covering Auburn Football’s intent. That IMO matters a great deal.

His intent was to embarrass the coach but it went the other way. If it was just about something "odd." There would be no reason to run to twitter and question his professionalism. 

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I definitely think he's manipulating certain people in the media.  Look at the ones amped they got a hat.  Promotion is essentially manipulating.  I agree manipulating makes it kind of negative, but wolves don't care about about that.  Harsin, IMO, is a wolf.

It's a non-story and kinda hilarious to me the media essentially attacking each other.  I think we can agree on that.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A little sidenote saw Jimmy a couple of times in Jamaica while working there

The Harder They Come... as good a soundtrack as there is. 

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A little sidenote saw Jimmy a couple of times in Jamaica while working there

i got to see bob marleys band with a handful of his sons at jax state years ago and they were killer.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

So you are supporting him? You just said that the opposite is true.

I'm agreeing with his term that this is unusual or odd behavior by a coach & the media is neutral. 

That's really it.

Media entities fighting with themselves was an obvious outcome and it's happening.  To me it's a non-story and funny watching them be morons.  Both sides.  Same as Tate/Hoke/PAM all being furious 3 weeks ago when Harsin wouldn't talk to them at SEC media days.  But now all of a sudden they are back on his side b/c they are sheep.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I definitely think he's manipulating certain people in the media.  Look at the ones amped they got a hat.  Promotion is essentially manipulating.  I agree manipulating makes it kind of negative, but wolves don't care about about that.  Harsin, IMO, is a wolf.

It's a non-story and kinda hilarious to me the media essentially attacking each other.  I think we can agree on that.

I think the main difference in our take on this situation is you clearly land on Harsin’s intent and I land on The writer’s intent. I think his (writer’s) intent is fairly systematic in Alabama’s (state) football coverage.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I think the main difference in our take on this situation is you clearly land on Harsin’s intent and I land on The writer’s intent. I think his (writer’s) intent is fairly systematic in Alabama’s (state) football coverage.

Probably a little of both. I don't think Harsin did this w/out reason.  Are most Auburn beat writers Bama alums?  So yeah, agree with you they are making a bigger story out of a non-story.  

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

But now all of a sudden they are back on his side b/c they are sheep.

What? You just said that you believe that CBH is trying to manipulate the media.  That is exactly what Tom Green was hinting at. Maybe Tate and the like of them can differentiate the two like ADULTS. They can be upset with CBH about restriction of the media outlet and understand throwing a hat is not being less professional 

Tom Green of AL.com wrote in his practice observations that he believed the hat was a way for Harsin to earn goodwill with the press in a somewhat manipulative fashion.

Please make it stop 🛑 

Archived