Top 10 most hated teams of all-time

WFE12

I'm not surprised we are on this list, but I'm surprised that enough people care for us to make it to 4th.  Let's be honest, most people remain convinced that our National Championship was bought and paid for and thought Nick Fairley was a dirty player.  Not to mention our starting RB wasn't exactly a choir boy.  Every good story needs a villain and we played the part in 2010.  So be it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Bad list. 1-10 should all be Bama.

They probably had to limit it to one year for each team or Bama would have had at least 3 spots, Miami a couple and FSU a couple.

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

A lot of those teams have 1 thing in common. Wish we were on that list more!

If you’re not on this list, you’re doing something wrong…sucks that we’re 11 seasons removed from being hated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

A lot of those teams have 1 thing in common....

Auburn? 

We lost to 5 of the other 9 on that list.  I'm pretty sure no other team has close to that.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 1

Most hated by who? lol 

I know Cam got a ton of hate. Georgia fans hate that team...Alabama fans hate that team. Just doesn't seem like an overall team that would constitute being hated that much 

2014 FSU, I can definitely see that 

19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I’m vaxxed, don’t care.

Bur anyway, had we finished the job in 2013 that would’ve been a pretty well-liked team in contrast to 2010. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Most hated by who? lol 

I know Cam got a ton of hate. Georgia fans hate that team...Alabama fans hate that team. Just doesn't seem like an overall team that would constitute being hated that much 

I almost said that Cam was that entire team, but then I remembered that Nick Fairley was at least 25% of it. Which doesn't really make the team less hateable from a rival or even casual fan's perspective.

Here's the thing, though. Not only did we go through all the fabricated Cam stories, but Cam has been even more of a lightning rod nationally in his pro career. Everything he has said or done for 10 years has been scrutinized and mostly in negative ways. Go to any market in the country and people have an opinion on the guy, and most of them aren't good outside of Charlotte and Lee County. So even NFL fans from New York to New Mexico who had no idea who won the 2010 BCS Championship retroactively "hate" that Auburn team. 

Chizik flaming out so quickly and dramatically doesn't help, either. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, woodford said:

Only people who hated 2010 Auburn were Bams, Georgia, and MSU fans. 

I would bet your average CFB fan enjoyed watching Cam play. 

No, they didn't. I traveled in California, Illinois and the east coast that year as a travel RN and every time I wore auburn gear, they loved to say we paid our QB. We truly were not liked on a national level and quite a bit of people were rooting for Oregon in the NC game.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, they didn't. I traveled in California, Illinois and the east coast that year as a travel RN and every time I wore auburn gear, they loved to say we paid our QB. We truly were not liked on a national level and quite a bit of people were rooting for Oregon in the NC game.

Yup.  Once a media story is ran about a $$ scandal in CFB, it's guilty until proven innocent.  And even once proven innocent...still guilty.  There's nothing you can do.  People have their perceptions and it's their reality.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Yup.  Once a media story is ran about a $$ scandal in CFB, it's guilty until proven innocent.  And even once proven innocent...still guilty.  There's nothing you can do.  People have their perceptions and it's their reality.

That said, I have cornered so many unfortunate souls at parties when they've brought that up or questioned Cam's character. They might not walk away with a higher opinion of Cam or Auburn fans in general but they damn sure walked away with the realization that it's just easier not to crap on an Auburn fan's good time with that crap. 

• Love 2

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Most hated by who? lol 

Move outside of the area.  Pretty much the whole country thought we bought the title.  Team was not liked nationally because of that.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I mean there are fans in the NFL who do not give a grip about CFB still calling him SCAM NEWTON to this day. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Go to any market in the country and people have an opinion on the guy, and most of them aren't good outside of Charlotte and Lee County.

Fished with a guy in Alaska last fall from Charlotte- he *really* disliked Cam and was glad that he was gone from the Panthers. Though it was a little weird but Cam obviously stirs strong opinions in people….

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Move outside of the area.  Pretty much the whole country thought we bought the title.  Team was not liked nationally because of that.

“Not liked” and top 10 hated are two different things lol. A truly hated team is a a 2012 ND or any of the OSU teams after the sanctions (or any of the PSU teams after their sanctions). 
Again, I just don’t think most neutral viewers care about the majority of that team in a direct manner, so that’s what bewilders me. Penn State, USC, convict era Miami or catholic ND, that’s hate that transcended the sport. We shouldn’t be in the top 10 

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

50278760-7F90-43A2-90AA-E02714EA76A4.gif

• Haha 1