predictions for the season

KnightTiger

I'm in the preseason stage of buying into everything as being said and my expectations are starting to rise.  I'm hovering around 8-4/9-3 right now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I have seriously low expectations, and the expectations I do have are tied to how we look and play much more than whether we win or lose. 

So you not only think we will lose most games but will also look bad doing it. Gotcha

• Haha 1

• WarTiger changed the title to predictions for the season
26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Confidence is a hell of a brain drug.

It already seems different than years past....or I'm just reading too much into it.  IDK.  I feel like a lot of it is looking pretty good

• Like 3

Just now, W.E.D said:

It already seems different than years past....or I'm just reading too much into it.  IDK.  I feel like a lot of it is looking pretty good

I already think the mindset has changed, which I hope translates to winning the games we are suppose to win and being competitive in every game. None of this Auburn Magic stuff. I don't think you can compare the past to current events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I already think the mindset has changed, which I hope translates to winning the games we are suppose to win and being competitive in every game. None of this Auburn Magic stuff. I don't think you can compare the past to current events.

Yes, I agree.  We couldn't push weak P5 teams off the ball the last two season.  I'm hoping with the different S&C, we see a bit of that in game one and two.

I am so dang optimistic when it comes to Auburn football. Realistically we can get 7 wins but optimistically we will get a win or 2 we aren't expecting so I say 9 wins! War Eagle 

• Like 1

We will win one of Penn State and LSU. 

We will lose one of Miss State, Arkansas, or South Cackalacky. 

We will lose to Georgia, bammer, Ole Miss, TAMU. 

I guess that makes us 6-6. Honestly I just want to see something different than last year. Like we should look like we've played football before when the season starts and have something in the tank for November. 

I think we show up to every game, beat either Alabama or Georgia, and finish 9-3. Tank will be awesome, Bo will be improved and the defense is gonna be nasty. 

• Like 2

This feels like Dye's first season.  Laying the groundwork for what's to come.  We'll be a lot more competitive against the big boys though.

7-5.....BUT, we win at LSU

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This feels like Dye's first season.  Laying the groundwork for what's to come.  We'll be a lot more competitive against the big boys though.

7-5.....BUT, we win at LSU

If he can have a second and third year like Dye, I'll take it! But again, my sig displays my general baseline expectations for Harsin.

I would happily take 7-5 if it meant breaking the Curse of the Stick.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Games we can lose IF we're competitive (10-14 point losses that we're in the game late):

Bama, UGA

The rest we should be able to win OR be incredibly competitive in. Like 1 score games the whole way.

Rough start , but finish strong and they grab a New Year’s Day bowl . Just gotta gel . I’m excited to see a staff put NFL talent on the field finally 

Since it looks like we're pre-season unranked and not a lot of expectations...

14-1 National Champs. Typical AU lol.

or

8-5 w/ bowl win. 7-6 w/ bowl win. Happy with either as long as Harsin has them playing like classic physical AU style.  Lost that under previous coach.

Edited by clwn
  • Like 1

9 wins

What Harsin is saying about the offense reading what the defense is doing so the QB, WRs and RBs can make adjustments at the LOS is one of the most encouraging things I've read so far. What Bobo is saying about Nix and his improvements since Spring is also a huge positive. Also, with the first 2 games being tune ups (hopefully) it's like an extension of pre-season camp. It will give the team a chance to get any kinks out of the execution of the new offense and defense. 

• Like 2