A possible explanation for vaccine hesitancy

Grumps

That's a whole lot of words to simply say "people are incapable of thinking critically. Cut them some slack."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's a whole lot of words to simply say "people are incapable of thinking critically. Cut them some slack."

Sorry to waste your time. I am a huge proponent of the vaccines, but I do think the post does explain why many people are justifying making what I consider to be an ignorant decision not to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grumps said:

Sorry to waste your time. I am a huge proponent of the vaccines, but I do think the post does explain why many people are justifying making what I consider to be an ignorant decision not to get vaccinated.

good for you grumps!

Eh, keep in mind that was just a list of tweets of very cherry picked events delivered in the most Right wing slanted way possible to try and show that media and politicians are liars about everything (except for Trump and Conservative media of course, who are always accurate apparently).

NotTheBee is just trying to turn into the Republican version of Buzzfeed I think. 

18 hours ago, Grumps said:

It's just a stupid bunch of non-sequiturs. 

"Remember when Harland and Wolff insisted the Titanic was unsinkable and the mainstream media agreed? Boom! No wonder people are hesitant about the vaccine! Facts and logic!" 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

The latest I'm hearing from people in the comments on Facebook and such is, "Trust the science?  You mean the science that tells us that transwomen are women and the unborn aren't human beings?"

Look, we can debate all day long how the media or how people call this or that thing "science" in the name of some social/moral agenda in the culture.  But the debate over the science of transgenderism has zero impact on the well-understood sciences of virology, epidemiology, immunizations/vaccines, and so on.

Non sequitur indeed.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

It's just a stupid bunch of non-sequiturs. 

"Remember when Harland and Wolff insisted the Titanic was unsinkable and the mainstream media agreed? Boom! No wonder people are hesitant about the vaccine! Facts and logic!" 

I agree with you. But I still think that this stupid bunch of non-sequiturs explains the position of many people who will not get the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, Grumps said:

I agree with you. But I still think that this stupid bunch of non-sequiturs explains the position of many people who will not get the vaccine.

But it's also a fancy way of saying "many people are idiots."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

As I said:

On 8/5/2021 at 5:45 PM, AUDub said:

• Like 1

the one thing killing the vaccine is MISINFORMATION.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I had Covid last summer and have it again currently…..#delta!! lol 

Show Off GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I assumed you already knew that. I think that the Tweets explain WHY people are making an idiotic decision.

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

I assumed you already knew that. I think that the Tweets explain WHY people are making an idiotic decision.

But the 'why' is stupid too.

People have to take into account that when you call someone stupid, ignorant  or whatever thrills you to the point you  can't contain your political tiraids you unleash on those hesitant to vaccinate, they probably won't vaccinate just to spite the fact that your an a**hole lol

Edited by SaturdayGT

16 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

People have to take into account that when you call someone stupid, ignorant  or whatever thrills you to the point you  can't contain your political tiraids you unleash on those hesitant to vaccinate, they probably won't vaccinate just to spite the fact that your an a**hole lol

Yeah, that'll show them.  Owning the  libs is worth dying for, right?

18 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

But the 'why' is stupid too.

If you have no desire to understand why seemingly intelligent people do things that seem stupid to you then I would suggest disregarding the whole thread.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, that'll show them.  Owning the  libs is worth dying for, right?

I think there's a much smaller percentage of people who are that dedicated to politics than you think...I mean im sure people think like that, but those are the ones who's lives are eaten up with politics. 

Ok, we see their "WHY"

Why cant they make a decision to "take one for the team" and get vaccinated?

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

If you have no desire to understand why seemingly intelligent people do things that seem stupid to you then I would suggest disregarding the whole thread.

It's not that I don't understand. It's that I understand and still think it's stupid.

15 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Ok, we see their "WHY"

Selfishness.  

• Like 1

Well, when i asked someone about that very topic just now, here was his answer: "Why should I take this seriously when we know our leaders do not take this s*** seriously?" Elitists like GN here, they do not apply these rules to themselves. This guy is giving the consumate a**hole apology here. Hell I fully expect him to yell "NERDS!" like the 80s movie villain he looks like. Anyone that thinks he is serious is an idiot. This recall is about how big an a**hole he shows himself to be.24-7. He cant quit laughing in this video because "how dare you paeans expect ME, GAVIN NEWSON, to have to act like you!"

He doesnt mention that his "friends" are extremely powerful healthcare lobbyists, you know the people leading CA thru COVID...He lies to the viewers twice. The room was open only on one side. No one there wore a mask coming in, during the chatter/mixing, because they are the CA Elite. He lied, he did not pay for his meal. This was a 24-7 Lobbyist dinner with a birthday as cover.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:29 AM, DKW 86 said:

Ok, we see their "WHY"

Some of the reason is the issue isn't being framed as "take one for the team." The issue is being framed as "stop being a jackass and get the vaccine."

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Some of the reason is the issue isn't being framed as "take one for the team." The issue is being framed as "stop being a jackass and get the vaccine."

Then apparently, we are talking about some very fragile people emotionally.