Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

From what I remember he was practicing in the spring and then all of a sudden he wasn’t dressed for A day. That is when the rumors started . I am paraphrasing here but I remember CBH stating something to the fact that we need guys who are going to be accountable and buy in. Next thing I know there is a little mass exodus of players hitting the transfer portal. I am not big on coincidences 

Booting limp wristed ninnies from a program is always a plus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Always fun when mom's jump in.  In the last decade Gus has had a pretty equal number of Black/White QBs starting.  I'm guessing she's talking about Gatewood?  

Ouch!! I literally never helps when mom jumps in to the internet fight 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

What a classy woman LOL. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Good riddance. NO QB or coach had anything to do with BC NEVR getting a sack against UGA, UA, LSU. Problem with kids these days are parents like this, imo. 

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's your choice, if you want to live that way.

To the contrary, that's very disputable.  You are saying that a man who thought about football every waking minute was a slacker. That doesn't make any sense. You are saying that a man who worked his way to the very top of his profession is a slacker. That doesn't make any sense. Slackers don't reach the top.

You have no way of knowing whether Gus or any human being other that yourself performed to the best of his ability.

I don't always agree with you, but I do agree that Gus was not a slacker. I wholeheartedly believe that he put a bunch of effort into his coaching. Do I like how he coached? Absolutely not.

That doesn't mean he didn't work hard. Sometimes people just work hard in a way that doesn't really work out for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Always fun when mom's jump in.  In the last decade Gus has had a pretty equal number of Black/White QBs starting.  I'm guessing she's talking about Gatewood?  

Yikes. One of those parents. I bet she yelled at the high school head coach from the stands too. 

• Angry 1

53 minutes ago, DAG said:

From what I remember he was practicing in the spring and then all of a sudden he wasn’t dressed for A day. That is when the rumors started . I am paraphrasing here but I remember CBH stating something to the fact that we need guys who are going to be accountable and buy in. Next thing I know there is a little mass exodus of players hitting the transfer portal. I am not big on coincidences 

I think that was Handy & Hardy.  They were the post A Day transfers.

Big Cat Transfered Mar 2nd, before spring even started.  I actually thought it was December.  Maybe he decided to stay, went through winter workouts and either was booted or it was too hard for him.

41 minutes ago, gravejd said:

It's never good for a parent to fight on line over their kids.  Nothing good comes from it.  But when it happens here, at least Shiver's mom doesn't attack other players.  That's kinda s***ty

31 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I don't always agree with you, but I do agree that Gus was not a slacker. I wholeheartedly believe that he put a bunch of effort into his coaching. Do I like how he coached? Absolutely not.

That doesn't mean he didn't work hard. Sometimes people just work hard in a way that doesn't really work out for you. 

Working hard means absolutely nothing if it isn't efficient. There are a lot of people who work hard and I can appreciate it but if you aren't being productive that is a problem.

• Like 1

us old geezers never get it right. i thought auburn quarterbacks were orange and blue. man i hate race got brought up into all this. i guess on the bright side this ought to fire up bo.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Working hard means absolutely nothing if it isn't efficient. There are a lot of people who work hard and I can appreciate it but if you aren't being productive that is a problem.

Exactly. There are plenty of people working hard that are doing really crappy work. Most aren’t getting paid $7 million/year for said crappy work. I guess we can admire highly compensated, poor result work as long as the effort was there. Kind of like an occupational participation trophy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's never good for a parent to fight on line over their kids.  Nothing good comes from it.  But when it happens here, at least Shiver's mom doesn't attack other players.  That's kinda s***ty

Agree. And it seems strange, that if posters are giving Big Kat a hard time for his AU comments, that his mom would respond by attacking the coaches from the offensive side of the team. What does that have to do with Big Kat's decision to leave or his misguided comments about beating Auburn?

And besides, It was Gus who made that decision to go with a white QB, instead of Gatewood, and who is now Big Kat's coach again.... 

Her scorn makes no sense...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm pretty sure that's not true though

To be fair, I don’t know if Big Kat smokes weed.  My comment was meant like saying cocaine is a helluva drug when folks act crazy. 

The part about smoking weed and lower IQ is not in question.  Numerous studies, one where over 15k subjects were studied for weed use, IQ and depression levels.  This was a 20 year study.  Subjects smoking more than once a month before age 25 (when brain development ends) had progressively lower IQ’s and roughly 40% higher manic depression compared to folks with little to no history of smoking.  And this study was started in the 90’s before strains of more potent weed became readily available.  Weeds negative effects on the brain isn’t debatable.  

The positive spin on weed has been propagated by users and pharma that are making a killing in the new open weed world.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Big Cat Weekend pie eating contests had more talent than Big Kat Bryant showed on the field

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

“No other color will do” hahaha oh I am so jealous of her freedom of speech. Does she know who Cam Newton or Nick Marshall are? Lol ignorant POS. 

When a parent jumps in on social media (or even message boards) you know you’ve lost lmao so cringe. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's your choice, if you want to live that way.

To the contrary, that's very disputable.  You are saying that a man who thought about football every waking minute was a slacker. That doesn't make any sense. You are saying that a man who worked his way to the very top of his profession is a slacker. That doesn't make any sense. Slackers don't reach the top.

You have no way of knowing whether Gus or any human being other that yourself performed to the best of his ability.

So, you bought into the Gus eats and sleeps football stuff.  I gotcha, it has been written about many times.  Gus was good at controlling access to info, you want access to Auburn football, write about how much Gus lives football and eats at Waffle House.  Reality is different though

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, USATiger said:

To be fair, I don’t know if Big Kat smokes weed.  My comment was meant like saying cocaine is a helluva drug when folks act crazy. 

The part about smoking weed and lower IQ is not in question.  Numerous studies, one where over 15k subjects were studied for weed use, IQ and depression levels.  This was a 20 year study.  Subjects smoking more than once a month before age 25 (when brain development ends) had progressively lower IQ’s and roughly 40% higher manic depression compared to folks with little to no history of smoking.  And this study was started in the 90’s before strains of more potent weed became readily available.  Weeds negative effects on the brain isn’t debatable.  

The positive spin on weed has been propagated by users and pharma that are making a killing in the new open weed world.  

I guess it's no purpose in arguing but the things you said aren't true. Also many of the studies in the past has been refuted even the foundational research which the guy completely made up racist undertones. But I guess it's up to you to believe what you want

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Holy hell, this is his mother?  

This is disrespectful to even black QB we've had, the staffs that recruited them, and us fans that love them with all our hearts.  One reason I became an Auburn fan was the difference of opinions from bama fans about Walter Lewis and Auburn fans about Pat Washington and Reggie Slack.  My sister was in the band at bama when Lewis was QB, my dad stopped going to games because of the things we would hear in the stands.  My dad was a football fan and didn't have a preference then.  After that, he quit watching any bama games.   This lady is a damn fool!

13 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Holy hell, this is his mother?  

This is disrespectful to even black QB we've had, the staffs that recruited them, and us fans that love them with all our hearts.  One reason I became an Auburn fan was the difference of opinions from bama fans about Walter Lewis and Auburn fans about Pat Washington and Reggie Slack.  My sister was in the band at bama when Lewis was QB, my dad stopped going to games because of the things we would hear in the stands.  My dad was a football fan and didn't have a preference then.  After that, he quit watching any bama games.   This lady is a damn fool!

Also not a good look to call out racism while also calling someone a homo.... 

Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This is actually a pretty complex convo, that is not going to go over well or be had here. She went overboard which will make it easy to disregard her are now it will be black people cry make stuff up and blame all problems on white people without cause.

As far as Bo's career so far there are things fishy. And he has been very privileged compared to others in the past. 

And there has always been racial undertones how black QB's are always said to not understand playbook and can't throw accurately as opposed to whites are really smart, hard workers, super accurate.

You can actually look at Bo and see all of this, but of course you know the outcome, I actually know for a fact there were problems and mumblings as far as the treatment of mw and jg in regards to that "competition" but like I said that would be a complex issue to talk about in a climate where even people that aren't racist prefers to not speak about it and feel that's holding a moral compass.

Of course that's my opinion besides things that were stated facts.

Re: hard work, the guy might have been running around like a chicken with his head cut off but the things that actually required real effort from him- looking outside of his own little brain for new and better ideas and adapting, and also pretending he had a personality for the least fun parts of the job which are glad-handing boosters and working the media- never came close to happening. He needed to wake the hell up and grow the hell up and be a better coach and he refused to do it.

He impressed on many levels but don't go acting like he put in any more effort than any other P5 coach out there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I guess it's no purpose in arguing but the things you said aren't true. Also many of the studies in the past has been refuted even the foundational research which the guy completely made up racist undertones. But I guess it's up to you to believe what you want

Ok brother, it's all good.  Medical research has been my life since college, but you can believe the refuted studies, I'll believe the validated studies, which are the only ones I will ever reference.  

The study I mentioned, from the Uk, had 15k subjects with white being the predominant race.  The subjects were given a baseline around 14 y/o with f/u tests every few years, until their 30's.  Scores were only assessed individually.  As were the mental health assessments.  Race had absolutely no factor.  That was just one of many studies into effects of weed, but no need to continue that.  It's there for your perusal on pub med, NLM, etc.

For the record, I am not anti-weed, I wish all the money spent of fighting weed would've been spent on helping folks, especially kids, find happiness and enjoyment in life so drugs were a hinderance to success and not an outlet for escaping misery.  Anyway War Eagle brother! 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is actually a pretty complex convo, that is not going to go over well or be had here. She went overboard which will make it easy to disregard her are now it will be black people cry make stuff up and blame all problems on white people without cause.

As far as Bo's career so far there are things fishy. And he has been very privileged compared to others in the past. 

And there has always been racial undertones how black QB's are always said to not understand playbook and can't throw accurately as opposed to whites are really smart, hard workers, super accurate.

You can actually look at Bo and see all of this, but of course you know the outcome, I actually know for a fact there were problems and mumblings as far as the treatment of mw and jg in regards to that "competition" but like I said that would be a complex issue to talk about in a climate where even people that aren't racist prefers to not speak about it and feel that's holding a moral compass.

Of course that's my opinion besides things that were stated facts.

Look man, I get that Bo is privileged, and in my eyes shouldn't have been given the starting job over Gatewood.  I've known about Gatewood since his early HS years and loved watching him play.  Just one of the many, many issues I have with Gus. That being said, Bo starting has more to do with Pat's legacy and Gus having no clue, than race.    

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Ok brother, it's all good.  Medical research has been my life since college, but you can believe the refuted studies, I'll believe the validated studies, which are the only ones I will ever reference.  

The study I mentioned, from the Uk, had 15k subjects with white being the predominant race.  The subjects were given a baseline around 14 y/o with f/u tests every few years, until their 30's.  Scores were only assessed individually.  As were the mental health assessments.  Race had absolutely no factor.  That was just one of many studies into effects of weed, but no need to continue that.  It's there for your perusal on pub med, NLM, etc.

For the record, I am not anti-weed, I wish all the money spent of fighting weed would've been spent on helping folks, especially kids, find happiness and enjoyment in life so drugs were a hinderance to success and not an outlet for escaping misery.  Anyway War Eagle brother! 

All that is fine but the bottom line is when picking holes at the integrity of a view you can't ignore the original liars were the people making out how evil marijuana was. And that's validated.

5 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Look man, I get that Bo is privileged, and in my eyes shouldn't have been given the starting job over Gatewood.  I've known about Gatewood since his early HS years and loved watching him play.  Just one of the many, many issues I have with Gus. That being said, Bo starting has more to do with Pat's legacy and Gus having no clue, than race.    

You are entitled to your opinion but cam Newton's brother is or was on the team as well. That didn't get him into the QB competition race. This isn't about who you want or any of that. When objectively looking at the QB race there's a bunch of stuff that doesn't add up and a bunch of stuff that was covered up. Maybe you should think or look at those things before just making the proclamation it wasn't about race.

I know it's an anthem right now but as far as how QB's are evaluated nobody can deny that Bo certainly broke alot of trends out of the blue.....

Also too you'd be very foolish to think she just randomly said that and her son doesn't even play QB.......she's saying stuff that she has heard players say.