Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

Just now, NoALtiger said:

I would imagine TWill. Interviewing for a position on the new staff. 

I could see it both ways. If a 60th year underproducing player wanted to take up a spot, if he brought game knowledge to pass on, he is worthy of a look. 

35 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus's offense at AU the last couple of years was so awesome. Tell who the Gus nuthuggers still are. 

Anybody who pays attention to things here knows you have hated Gus for years.

It was time for a change and I'm glad we made a change. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to hate the guy. He did his best and won some big games over the years.

Other than to wish him well, unless his team is playing Auburn the only time I think about Gus is when I come here and see the childish posts of those who cannot seem to let go of their hatred.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Did you even hear or read the whole exchange? Big Cat wasn't asked about AU. Went out of his way to dis AU. There is a reason he is no longer at AU. That exchange should tell you everything you need to know why he isn't at AU. He was a "cancer" last year. A huge problem in the locker room. Was never disciplined. His actions were encouraged by a former defensive coach. Tried to tell people for 2 years how bad it was getting and got. I hope one day the stories come out and people will see what Gus was really like. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be so fun to watch. T-Will won't have Steele or Rotney there to coach for him. The guy couldn't break down film with Harsin on his interview. Not even the basic / fundamental things. 

I see what you did there.  

215385503_tylKMM0XKNiQE(1).gif.16c97a995e4e6532430a8c2103bc6ac6.gif

Edited by abw0004
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

wow those are some great numbers hard to replace a guy like that

Well good thing he is probably out of position having overrun the play. Clears the spot nicely.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

His been at ucf for all of a few months and knows this......................yeah really go jump offsides for ucf.........scrub bag comment

Well to be fair, Big Cat was a master of getting to the QB... two seconds after they completed a pass

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, au302 said:

You can tell he's bitter. I bet Harsin told him to get out or he saw that the younger guys we have behind him were about to pass him up. Oh well, I hope he backs it up with his play this year and makes it to the league

I doubt that..... the Harsin part...

16 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Saw this earlier and thought about posting. Then decided that nah, he really doesn't deserve the attention

big cat plays like a kitten. i guess i am gonna have to go down there with my geezer behind and kick off in his candy azz.......do they have sonics close to ucf?

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

This is an interesting way to say my coach took a national brand and made them g5 quality...

Because we were on top in 2012?

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I doubt that..... the Harsin part...

Why? He is a terrible fit for a 3-4 which we are running now. Combine that with the fact that he was apparently one of the "leaders" of the team despite being soft being all talk, and I don't find it hard to believe that Harsin may have told him to move on immediately

• Like 1

I guess I would feel like super man also if I was going up against a Herb Hand OL in practice everyday.  Dude is mad butt hurt.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be so fun to watch. T-Will won't have Steele or Rotney there to coach for him. The guy couldn't break down film with Harsin on his interview. Not even the basic / fundamental things. 

This deserves a whole thread for itself. What a complete joke and embarrassment if true. Plus we had a whole lot of fans crying for Harsin to retain him. Mind boggling 

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

This deserves a whole thread for itself. What a complete joke and embarrassment if true. Plus we had a whole lot of fans crying for Harsin to retain him. Mind boggling 

Careful taking message board fodder as facts. I'm a big t-will fan from his playing days through his coaching days at AU. But even if i wasn't....you think an all SEC LB who played in the NFL doesn't understand the fundamentals of playing defense? I for sure wasn't there for the interview and it might not have gone well but its ridiculous to say Twill can't explain the fundamentals of a sport he has played and coached for multiple decades.

• Like 8

We have already heard crap talking from a player on this Team with Tony Fair talking about Bama and Bo basically double down. So not sure what Harsin is or not allowing.

47 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Yeah, a national brand right off a natty and Heisman. 

And right back to the top from what I recall.  The number of my fellow Auburn Tigers on this board that love nothing more than to pretend that the last ten years were all bad is just comical.  It was time for a change at the top and a change was made.  It isn't so hard to act like we have been there and to wish people the best and move on. Be the bigger man and not the petty man.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Careful taking message board fodder as facts. I'm a big t-will fan from his playing days through his coaching days at AU. But even if i wasn't....you think an all SEC LB who played in the NFL doesn't understand the fundamentals of playing defense? I for sure wasn't there for the interview and it might not have gone well but its ridiculous to say Twill can't explain the fundamentals of a sport he has played and coached for multiple decades.

I can say with almost complete certain that what I said is true. I would not have put it here if it wasn't. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, gravejd said:

That's a smart way to look at it. I wasn't blown away with Steele as a coach personally. I'm not saying he sucked or anything but he wasn't exceptional either, I imagine the fundamentals was the top of the mountain

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I can say with almost complete certain that what I said is true. I would not have put it here if it wasn't. 

Sorry WDE i'm not trying to call you out here. I love the info you bring to the site and when i see your name i click to see what was said. But unless Twill has some type of learning disability and was literally told every move to make during his playing career then i just can't fathom how he could not understand the fundamentals of playing football. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, e808 said:

We have already heard crap talking from a player on this Team with Tony Fair talking about Bama and Bo basically double down. So not sure what Harsin is or not allowing.

Both were asked directly about bama. All Bo said is AU isn't scared to play bama when asked that question, directly about bama. Neither went out of their way to say anything negative about bama. Lot different than Big Cat. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gravejd said:

Sorry WDE i'm not trying to call you out here. I love the info you bring to the site and when i see your name i click to see what was said. But unless Twill has some type of learning disability and was literally told every move to make during his playing career then i just can't fathom how he could not understand the fundamentals of playing football. 

It happened. All I can tell you. We will get to see how good he is this year, T-Will.