Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Could be, you just never know. I do know I hate beets for some reason but that's another story. The scientists have been back and forth on eggs so many times it's hard to keep count.

I feel you. I do know it may be. I just don't think it's a bunch of cases where it is. Once again I work in the nuclear industry it's just sort of mind boggling to me that something like that doesn't effect your brain but a plant would. That's a very basic or simple way to look at it I know. But sometimes the truth can be found in the most simple answers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, USATiger said:

My philosophy has always been eat, drink and be merry.  The drinking part is the reason for a multitude of physical issues.  As soon as I get to where drug testing isn’t a thing, I will be eat, smoke and be merry.  😁

I actually haven't ever drunk or smoked before.

I think when we boil the 2019 QB competition down to it's bones, the reality is that Bo, Malik, and Joey were all three not ready to start in the SEC yet, and there's nothing wrong with that. How Gus didn't realize that after spring and didn't go find another starting caliber transfer to step in for a year or two is mind boggling. We get slightly above average QB play with that defense and I firmly believe we would have won 11+ games. It still upsets me because that was a really good team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I think when we boil the 2019 QB competition down to it's bones, the reality is that Bo, Malik, and Joey were all three not ready to start in the SEC yet, and there's nothing wrong with that. How Gus didn't realize that after spring and didn't go find another starting caliber transfer to step in for a year or two is mind boggling. We get slightly above average QB play with that defense and I firmly believe we would have won 11+ games. It still upsets me because that was a really good team 

Everything I heard was that Malik had won over the team from a leadership standpoint, struggled with accuracy.   One thing about Bo is he is great when the lights are not on and things are not live.  Gus practiced soft which benefitted Bo.  Both Malik and Joey were gamers as they would say and shine when the lights are on.

51 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Edibles?

Nah. Everybody even made fun of me at my sister's wedding because I picked up her cup and spit it out. Had somebody bring me sparkling grape juice lol.

But especially when I started working in nuclear. Random tests galore!

Edited by cole256

Just now, auburnphan said:

Everything I heard was that Malik had won over the team from a leadership standpoint, struggled with accuracy.   One thing about Bo is he is great when the lights are not on and things are not live.  Gus practiced soft which benefitted Bo.  Both Malik and Joey were gamers as they would say and shine when the lights are on.

This is good stuff. I know nobody will as I wouldn't myself but I was a big Bo guy and said that. But when they wouldn't even let jg play.....and you know that's said. That's crazy.

I also said in a thread before Bo even committed here. JG should leave. He'll NEVER be the starting QB here

The good thing is the headache of Gus is now gone. That critique she be pointed at him. I think the mother felt Auburn men influenced the decision . They probably did but once again , that critique should be pointed at Gus for weak leadership. I don’t think that will be happening with CBH. In fact , I think Bo Nix is on limited time ( this is just my opinion) and I am going to go out on the limb and say TJ will eventually take over the job. But I think Bo will start initially. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

The one thing I just can't get out of my mind whenever the Bo/JG thing comes up is the UF game and Gus tugging JG's jersey to keep him from going in. Never mind Flash only getting one touch and Worm not getting to play at all. The writing was already on the wall for Gus by then but that's when he proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that his priorities were wrong when it came to who he gave the game reps. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i know two iraq vets right now that are e3ncouraged to smoke it because of ptsd and i know for a fact it has helped them and one of them told me it saved his life because he was gonna be one of the 22. and by the way i smoke the hell out of it. and if i have any issues they are with how i was raised and the crap i went through and not smoking a joint.

I've seen first hand how prescription meds can damage the brain, body, and life of individuals and completely ruin a family.  I'll smoke a joint any day to dull pain, go to sleep, calm stress & anxiety WAY before I'd pop a pill for any of that crap.  

I'm a grown adult, I'd never suggest that weed is good for kids.  But I've told both of my college age kids to smoke weed before ever touching a pill someone offers them.  I hope like hell they'll smoke a bowl before popping Vivance/Xanex/Percocet or any other pills college kids are using these days. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The one thing I just can't get out of my mind whenever the Bo/JG thing comes up is the UF game and Gus tugging JG's jersey to keep him from going in.

That was the LSU game. But the UF game was definitely the first real sign that no matter how poorly Bo played JG was not going to get a chance

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

The good thing is the headache of Gus is now gone. That critique she be pointed at him. I think the mother felt Auburn men influenced the decision . They probably did but once again , that critique should be pointed at Gus for weak leadership. I don’t think that will be happening with CBH. In fact , I think Bo Nix is on limited time ( this is just my opinion) and I am going to go out on the limb and say TJ will eventually take over the job. But I think Bo will start initially. 

The way I read it, and I could be completely wrong, is she was saying CBH will see. To me she's saying the problem are the higher ups and sooner or later they will come for him telling him what to do with his roster. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's not like Bo has blown up and really that's besides the point, and to say he's played black people before so there's nothing is moronic imo. You have the basketball and football coaches that has admitted and been fired for racist things and their team is mostly black  

Kodi was NEVER even considered to be a starting QB and jj was really just the same as SW, except he had a strong arm and would mess up and SW didn't have the arm and would mess up by not trusting his arm. 

As far as nothing fishy with the race I don't expect you to agree as we know your love. But like I said you can't hide stuff from the players and it was believed the players felt like jg won. But ok everybody knows it was close but magically Gus won't let jg even attempt to run the offense even with 20 point leads. They say Bo won it because of his grasp of the offense but here we are now knowing that he didn't run the offense he did what he was told. 

But anyway like I said a bunch of fishy stuff but I understand you don't think so and that's fine. I wouldn't imagine you would. But it's definitely some stuff that doesn't add up.

I'm nearly positive Kodi started as a Tr Freshman.  Sure, Gus could be racists but he has a history of playing black QBs.  I'll take his history over what a mad Mom says.

I've also told you before I was team gatewood, so "my love" is a bit misguided.

"Wouldn't let JG run his offense" He's never let a single back up QB run his offense.  That's off mark.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

That was the LSU game. But the UF game was definitely the first real sign that no matter how poorly Bo played JG was not going to get a chance

Right. So I guess my point with that is, it's fishy or weird. I'm sure nobody can debate successfully it was definite one way or the other, but I certainly feel like to question wtf isn't crazy or anything like that. Just some wild decisions.

This guy can't be pulled while other guys can't even get a passing attempt and this is the same coach that pulled 3 QB's in one game before. And then literally right after jg left Gus have I think loy passing all over the place😂

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

Again how much and how often did they smoke in their pre-teen and teen years?  That is my concern and my only point.  

I very much regret smoking weed as a teenager. I wish I understood how harmful it was at the time. A lot of things you are talking about have been true in my experience, and have been true of other people I grew up with. I'm not discounting the dangers of alcohol, obviously. It's just that marijuana is so potent today, that I believe its more difficult to manage than recreational alcohol use. Most teenagers can handle a beer or two just fine. Taking two hits from a joint with today's MJ can put someone into a state of semi-psychosis. 

edited just to say that I didn't post this to involve myself or comment on the discussion you and Cole are having at all. I'm just interested in this aspect of what you are talking about, and you seem to be well educated on the topic. 

Edited by Barnacle

Just now, W.E.D said:

I'm nearly positive Kodi started as a Tr Freshman.  Sure, Gus could be racists but he has a history of playing black QBs.  I'll take his history over what a mad Mom says.

I've also told you before I was team gatewood, so "my love" is a bit misguided.

"Wouldn't let JG run his offense" He's never let a single back up QB run his offense.  That's off mark.

He let the back up pass the ball. It's not off mark. And I explained I'm not saying he's racist but that doesn't mean race didn't come into play. But maybe you didn't read that. 

And yeah the mad mom of a freaking d end just made up stuff about the QB race.....ok

You can't overdose on marijuana. Also it's interesting the alcohol talk I almost mentioned it earlier but that whole thing was since mostly white people were making money hand over fist that it was made legal as opposed to the hammer dropped on marijuana....I think marijuana is classified right there with heroin and crack and stuff. That's ridiculous.

• Like 3

I have to study for a test in reactor physics for a little bit. I just wanted to say if the thread is locked when I read later, I enjoyed the convo and even the people I disagreed with I respect your voice and opinion. I look forward debating about football in the future.

• Like 1

Also my father drunk himself to death. He did drugs as well but I always promised myself I wouldn't be like him. And I don't know if I really believe in the addiction stuff being passed down but it's my life so I decided to not even risk it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also my father drunk himself to death. He did drugs as well but I always promised myself I wouldn't be like him. And I don't know if I really believe in the addiction stuff being passed down but it's my life so I decided to not even risk it.

Good for you, Cole. I didn't know that about you, and I'm sure you would be making him proud today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really hate how this has spiraled out of control in regard to Big Kat.  His own doing for sure, but it still feels bad.

Edited by abw0004

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Good for you, Cole. I didn't know that about you, and I'm sure you would be making him proud today. 

That's a very kind thing to say man. Thx. To be honest I was always angry at him, I didn't see him often and I always felt why doesn't my dad want me. Then I saw him maybe a few months before he died. He was so ashamed.....he wouldn't look me in my eyes.

Now as a man I'm more feel sorry for him than hate towards him. I'm sure if he had a different life he would've had a relationship with me. He was overtaken by the world. You know life is hard. I'm sorry he was overwhelmed. But I talk to younger guys who don't have their father in their life and I explain letting go of that hate is just as much for them.

• Love 7

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's a very kind thing to say man. Thx. To be honest I was always angry at him, I didn't see him often and I always felt why doesn't my dad want me. Then I saw him maybe a few months before he died. He was so ashamed.....he wouldn't look me in my eyes.

Now as a man I'm more feel sorry for him than hate towards him. I'm sure if he had a different life he would've had a relationship with me. He was overtaken by the world. You know life is hard. I'm sorry he was overwhelmed. But I talk to younger guys who don't have their father in their life and I explain letting go of that hate is just as much for them.

That's really powerful man. Thank you for sharing. It must have taken a lot of growth to come to that perspective.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He let the back up pass the ball. It's not off mark. And I explained I'm not saying he's racist but that doesn't mean race didn't come into play. But maybe you didn't read that. 

And yeah the mad mom of a freaking d end just made up stuff about the QB race.....ok

Which back up did he let pass the ball?  Jeremy Johnson was the last back up that played significantly and actually ran the offense.

I didn't say she made up it, c'mon now lets not do that. She can have her view, but actions and history show otherwise.

Edited by W.E.D