Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

So, the team that UCF can beat was recruited and put together mainly by the man you followed to another school. Hmmm, Gus should be upset that Big Kat is talking sh** about his recruiting/developing "excellence".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, au302 said:

You can tell he's bitter. I bet Harsin told him to get out or he saw that the younger guys we have behind him were about to pass him up. Oh well, I hope he backs it up with his play this year and makes it to the league

CC53F2B0-D943-4873-B5A2-07161FB30722.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

I bet Harsin told him to get out or he saw that the younger guys we have behind him were about to pass him up

Bryant wouldn’t have stood a snowball’s chance in a 3-4.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Better worry about beating Boise state. Now they have to perform since he ran his mouth like that. 

He learned to talk like that from his joke of a coach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

He learned to talk like that from his joke of a coach.

The funny thing is that reporter asked him was he a part of the team who beat us in 2017 and he was like yeah. Goofy,  you just played yourself with the same coach you are lining up for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any player who had transferred to a new team if asked whether his new team would beat his old team would say his new team would win. If he didn't his new teammates wouldn't want tp play with him. That is a question that probably should not be asked or to be honest answered. If you feel like you have to answer and you were quick on your feet say something like it would be a WAR and both teams would go at it with all they had.

Yeah, I can't hold that answer against Big Kat.  It seemed to be a bit tongue in cheek.

2 hours ago, metafour said:

He wasn't asked anything about Auburn; he was asked about the SEC and he specifically went out of his way to bring up Auburn (his former team) as a team they'd "probably beat". It's a clown comment that he went out of his way to make, he literally could have said something as simple as "I've played in the SEC for multiple seasons, I'm confident that our team can compete with teams in that league".

Big Kat Is Big Salty 

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any player who had transferred to a new team if asked whether his new team would beat his old team would say his new team would win. If he didn't his new teammates wouldn't want tp play with him. That is a question that probably should not be asked or to be honest answered. If you feel like you have to answer and you were quick on your feet say something like it would be a WAR and both teams would go at it with all they had.

When did the reporter ask him that?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

When did the reporter ask him that?

I saw him ask how they would fare against the SEC, not auburn specifically, which is why that take has garnered a lot of hate. He made sure to call out auburn from the jump 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 4

He definitely falls in the “looks like Tarzan plays like Jane” category. Dude just never produced like he could or should have. Enjoy your extra year of college I guess while the big timers that came in your first year are gearing up for their first nfl season right now. That alone speaks volumes. Just a dumb unprovoked statement to make, and then double down on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, metafour said:

They wouldn't even beat us in Game 1. That was a 6-4 team last season with one of the worst defenses in the country. Gus is going to have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball.

I'd have to have context for why that was tbh. Like I'm just looking at the schedule and they lost to Tulsa by 8, Memphis by one, and Cincinati that almost beat UGA by 3. So the 6-4 record definitely doesn't display all they were. I'd at least take their 6-4 over our 6-4. 

You really can't draw much from last season the less talented a team was. They don't have star level depth or anything, and they had 10 guys opt-out. 

Between Gus getting some great offensive transfers and some stud recruits, building around Gabriel who's going to be ELITE, their offense will be fantastic day 1 IMO. 

Let's not forget he committed to UT, another SEC school, before he scurried back to Gus. 

Weak comments with nothing to back it up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, metafour said:

They wouldn't even beat us in Game 1. That was a 6-4 team last season with one of the worst defenses in the country. Gus is going to have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball.

And will probably find a way to screw up that high powered offense. It's funny watching UCF forums thinking they've hit a home run with Gus. 

7 hours ago, au302 said:

You can tell he's bitter. I bet Harsin told him to get out or he saw that the younger guys we have behind him were about to pass him up. Oh well, I hope he backs it up with his play this year and makes it to the league

Auburn gave him the Chance to play in the SEC and, in my opinion, he was nothing to write home about. One more thing big kitty better realize, Auburn doesn't have Malzahn as head.coach anymore.

I hope the Boise State OL manhandles him the whole game.  His stat line ends up O tackles, 1 assist, 2 Off-sides penalties.  Then ask him more questions. 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Between Gus getting some great offensive transfers and some stud recruits, building around Gabriel who's going to be ELITE, their offense will be fantastic day 1 IMO. 

Wow how soon some forget. Gus won't know what the hell he has on his roster until October. Unlikely they will be a top tier offense out the gate based on his decade's work at AU. 

If I'm wrong you can bring this back up and shame me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The stuff he's saying is personal between him and either the players or the coaches or both. Really nothing to be upset about. He shouldn't feel like he would lose. 

It's ironic that most of the fans that are upset about it, mention how Gus sucks....that's essentially doing the same thing he did from the opposite perspective if you think about it. I'm not upset about it though because who knows what has transpired behind closed doors. 

• Like 3