hey look! an honest republican............

aubiefifty

Kinzinger: Anyone with 'inside knowledge' can expect subpoena from Jan. 6 select commission

Catherine Garcia, Night editor
Sun, August 1, 2021, 8:04 PM

Rep. Adam Kinzinger.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger. Andrew Harnik-Pool/Getty Images

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) says subpoenas should be issued to any member of Congress who has information regarding the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

During an appearance Sunday on ABC's This Week, Kinzinger said it doesn't matter to him if it's a member of his own party — he "would support subpoenas to anybody that can shed light on that, if it's the leader that's the leader. Anybody with parts of that information, with inside knowledge, can probably expect to be talking to the committee. I would expect to see a significant number of subpoenas for a lot of people."

Alongside Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Kinzinger is one of two House Republicans on the Jan. 6 special committee that is investigating the assault on the Capitol. During the panel's first hearing last week, police officers who responded to the attack testified about the abuse they received from the crowd. Kinzinger told This Week host Jonathan Karl that some members of Congress are trying to downplay the event because the participants were supporters of former President Donald Trump, and if they believe "it wasn't a big deal, then you should allow [the investigation] to go forward."

Karl asked if Trump will be subpoenaed, and Kinzinger replied that "if he has unique information that's one thing, but I think there's a lot of people around him that knew some things." The committee, which will meet over Zoom during the House's August recess, intends to get "a full accounting of the truth," Kinzinger said. He realizes that some people who receive subpoenas may attempt "maneuvers to try to string this investigation out and hope that people lose interest," he added. "So it may cost you a lot in legal fees to try to resist, but we're going to get to that answer."

I am going to wait and see about this one. "Sounds like" and "Actually is" are two completely different things

probably explains why him and Liz Cheney  are the most hated members of the Republican party. They're willing to compromise and actually govern for the benefit of the entire country instead of just their political party. This is unacceptable in todays GOP. 

55 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

probably explains why him and Liz Cheney  are the most hated members of the Republican party. They're willing to compromise and actually govern for the benefit of the entire country instead of just their political party. This is unacceptable in todays GOP. 

From our side we see no democrats willing to compromise.  

I'd love to hear Trump testify as to why he didn't do anything for 3 hours into the insurrection, and why he has never condemned it afterwards.

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-impeachment-trial-live-updates/2021/02/11/967034292/house-democrats-use-trumps-own-words-to-argue-he-showed-no-remorse-after-attack

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'd love to hear Trump testify as to why he didn't do anything for 3 hours into the insurrection, and why he never condemned it afterwards.

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-impeachment-trial-live-updates/2021/02/11/967034292/house-democrats-use-trumps-own-words-to-argue-he-showed-no-remorse-after-attack

he was hiding in the basement..........grins

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'd love to hear Trump testify as to why he didn't do anything for 3 hours into the insurrection, and why he never condemned it afterwards.

Probably on the toilet trying to take a big constipated dump from all the McDonalds and junk food he eats, 

Archived