We warned in March 2019 of a coup attempt if Trump lost the 2020 election. We were right.

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Yes. Georgia was literally a hair's breadth away.

Imagine we get another close election and we didn't have a guy with the integrity of Brad Raffensperger overseeing the election in, for instance, Georgia. 

Hey guess what the Rs are doing right now? Removing guys like him from the equation. 

Grumps consistently works overtime not to “get it.”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, AUDub said:

You really have no idea how close to the edge we were on a constitutional crisis. 

You have no idea what the American Military is like. There was literally next to zero chance this was going to happen. NEXT TO ZERO.
These people are there to defend this country from any foe, foreign or domestic, and they take that oath EXTREMELY seriously. I am sure the military had backup plans to the backup plans. I am 100% Confident that djt was never any serious threat to pull off a coup attempt. The Constitution says the new President goes into power 1-20-2021 at noon. Anything other than that happening I am sure the JCS et al were ready to end with force and prejudice. 

The DNC was opportunistic. They seized on the pandemic narrative and Trump's bloviating buffoonery to push the election to a senile party figurehead who hid out in his basement for much of the campaign season. I knew the 2020 Election results were going to be questionable, at best, when mail-in ballots were widely distributed among the urban voting precincts. I mean, can anybody really trust any process that relies on the USPS for the legitimacy of its results? But honestly, losing that election, even with Democrat cheating (no proof, but they always do), was entirely on DJT. He couldn't just keep his mouth shut and stay out of his own way for 1 second. If he had just toned down and played the middle during the pandemic, he would've easily won re-election imo.

16 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Sort of like “pigs in blanket, fry’em like bacon”.   You mean those kinda chants at protest.  Words like those.  I’m guessing that’s just friendly banter.  

so with your statements toward me i can only assume you were ok with the riots. how classy of you to try and dumb things down when people were hurt and or getting their ass beat with flag poles. and according to sworn testimony the N word was the word of the day. you must be real special.

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

The DNC was opportunistic. They seized on the pandemic narrative and Trump's bloviating buffoonery to push the election to a senile party figurehead who hid out in his basement for much of the campaign season. I knew the 2020 Election results were going to be questionable, at best, when mail-in ballots were widely distributed among the urban voting precincts. I mean, can anybody really trust any process that relies on the USPS for the legitimacy of its results? But honestly, losing that election, even with Democrat cheating (no proof, but they always do), was entirely on DJT. He couldn't just keep his mouth shut and stay out of his own way for 1 second. If he had just toned down and played the middle during the pandemic, he would've easily won re-election imo.

for the record mail in ballots have been around for a long long time. the only reason this was brought up is because trump was setting the table to try and steal the election after he lost it.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You have no idea what the American Military is like. There was literally next to zero chance this was going to happen. NEXT TO ZERO.
These people are there to defend this country from any foe, foreign or domestic, and they take that oath EXTREMELY seriously. I am sure the military had backup plans to the backup plans. I am 100% Confident that djt was never any serious threat to pull off a coup attempt. The Constitution says the new President goes into power 1-20-2021 at noon. Anything other than that happening I am sure the JCS et al were ready to end with force and prejudice. 

I love how your solution to a constitutional crisis is for the military to seize power like we're Turkey or something. 

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I love how your solution to a constitutional crisis is for the military to seize power like we're Turkey or something. 

Do you really expect the American Military to stage their own coup? I would 100% expect them to have installed the legit winner in the WH right after the Inauguration. 

Dude, if the US Military wanted to stage a coup, there aint much any pol nor any media person could do to stop them. 

53 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Do you really expect the American Military to stage their own coup? I would 100% expect them to have installed the legit winner in the WH right after the Inauguration. 

Dude, if the US Military wanted to stage a coup, there aint much any pol nor any media person could do to stop them. 

That's your argument. Seizing the levers of power by military force, even if installing the duly elected candidate, is still a coup.

That's why I mention Turkey. It's exactly what Turkey has done in the past (before Erdogan managed to crush the most recent one, damn it). Turkey's military, tasked with preserving Kemalism by Atatürk, has overthrown their government no less than 4 times, twice via outright coup d'états, when they got a little too fundamentalist Islam or fond of human rights abuses for their liking.

If a couple of states led by a few poltroons had refused to certify the results, there'd have been no other recourse to getting him out of office besides a revolt, and that is a gamble I do not want to place a wager on. It would be such a damned mess.

It's sad that our democracy is so fragile you consider the ******* Military the backstop like we're some sort of Banana Republic. 

50 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

you are hysterical. 

And your head's so far up your own ass you could tickle the back of your own tongue. 

Seriously. Did you read the Georgia Bill? This is the most worrying part. 

The new law will give the Republican-controlled state government new power to assert control over the conduct of elections in Democratic counties. Prior to the passing of the law, the secretary of state served as chair of the State Election Board. The role was demoted to a non-voting member of the board. A new chairperson will be elected by the General Assembly.

The move allows a Republican-controlled board to temporarily take over local election offices.

Imagine that. Imagine the loons in our State HOR having the ability to deem votes fraudulent on a whim or refuse to certify an election and it all be perfectly legal. And your solution is some nebulous handwave about how the military would put a stop to it? Laughable.

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And your head's so far up your own ass you could tickle the back of your own tongue. 

Imagine that. Imagine the loons in our State HOR having the ability to deem votes fraudulent on a whim or refuse to certify an election and it all be perfectly legal. And your solution is some nebulous handwave about how the military would put a stop to it? Laughable.

The Georgia Bill is something quite out of the scope of what I was talking about. I was addressing the pearl-clutchers and all the thousands of hours of "trump just wont leave the WH" bullcrap we had to listen to here and all over the media. It didnt happen because it was never going to happen.

The legislators have to close a few loopholes that they did not completely seal from the earliest writings in the Constitution. Is that an issue? Yes it is. Is it the end of the world? No. Can it be fixed later? Yes. Will it mean anything in the future? Maybe, but more likely probably not. 

For 200+ years no one ever formally changed the way the Constitution allows states to assign Electoral College Voters. Why dont we address all that? I think we should assign primary delegates and Electors in proportion to the vote totals. No more Winner Take All. We could just do away with the EC for my money. We need to get ready for more than two party voting,  All this is coming soon. 

If djy had refused to leave, I bet there would have been a USMC Colonel walk into the Oval Office and tell him in the most plain spoken English he could muster that "Mr president, either you walk out to Marine1 and fly off, or get ready to be taken out of the WH feet first." Drama over in about 5 minutes. 

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

You really have no idea how close to the edge we were on a constitutional crisis. 

If we were really a hair's breath away then you are correct, I have no idea. I agree with dkw on this one.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

That's your argument. Seizing the levers of power by military force, even if installing the duly elected candidate, is still a coup.

That's why I mention Turkey. It's exactly what Turkey has done in the past (before Erdogan managed to crush the most recent one, damn it). Turkey's military, tasked with preserving Kemalism by Atatürk, has overthrown their government no less than 4 times, twice via outright coup d'états, when they got a little too fundamentalist Islam or fond of human rights abuses for their liking.

If a couple of states led by a few poltroons had refused to certify the results, there'd have been no other recourse to getting him out of office besides a revolt, and that is a gamble I do not want to place a wager on. It would be such a damned mess.

It's sad that our democracy is so fragile you consider the ******* Military the backstop like we're some sort of Banana Republic. 

The levers of power were never anywhere except where they were supposed to be. The military never needed to seize anything. The system worked. The evil dictator was overthrown by........a democratic election.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

The Georgia Bill is something quite out of the scope of what I was talking about. I was addressing the pearl-clutchers and all the thousands of hours of "trump just wont leave the WH" bullcrap we had to listen to here and all over the media. It didnt happen because it was never going to happen.

The legislators have to close a few loopholes that they did not completely seal from the earliest writings in the Constitution. Is that an issue? Yes it is. Is it the end of the world? No. Can it be fixed later? Yes. Will it mean anything in the future? Maybe, but more likely probably not. 

For 200+ years no one ever formally changed the way the Constitution allows states to assign Electoral College Voters. Why dont we address all that? I think we should assign primary delegates and Electors in proportion to the vote totals. No more Winner Take All. We could just do away with the EC for my money. We need to get ready for more than two party voting,  All this is coming soon. 

If djy had refused to leave, I bet there would have been a USMC Colonel walk into the Oval Office and tell him in the most plain spoken English he could muster that "Mr president, either you walk out to Marine1 and fly off, or get ready to be taken out of the WH feet first." Drama over in about 5 minutes. 

I think you are losing the forest for the trees here. 

so what if Trump just sat in the floor of the oval office and refused to leave? Yeah, that's an easy solution. 

But What if the Republicans had had a full congressional majority. What if during the certification process the Republican congress was to object to the electors from states Biden won (Like literally dozens of Republican lawmakers DID DO, and more only refused to object because of McConnell plea that they don't because he knew Dems could and would overrule it) .

What if a Republican controlled congress on the orders of Trump actually majority voted to reject the electors from Georgia or Arizona, Pennsylvania, etc for fraud? If they do that then it's up to the Governors of the State...what if the States Republican Governors agreed and decided to not certify their own states electors? 

Result? 

The Electoral votes in those swing states no longer are counted and...result? 

Donald J Trump 'Constitutionally' wins the 2020 US election. 

THIS  , @DKW 86 is what Trump and more than a few Republicans were wanting and were trying to do. The problem? Too many Senate Democrats that stood in their way of decertification, but Do you honestly believe that IF Republicans had had a full majority in congress that they would never have refused to certify Biden electors? 

This is the real constitutional crisis we were facing,...What happens next time one party has a full congressional majority and their President is their version of a God-King and has their complete loyalty, but the next time, the God-King might not be a mentally unstable buffoon and might have congressional  support he/she needs to make sure the electoral votes are certified in their favor. 

40 minutes ago, Grumps said:

So you really think that Trump thought Mike Pence would save him?

I know he didn’t give a damn about Pence living or dying.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:14 PM, Grumps said:

I don't understand what your statement has to do with what the "coup" was trying to achieve? How were those guys going to stop the election results? Did they have ANY shot at succeeding?

Did you even watch the riot on TV?    Have you read anything about it? Have you watched any of the videos?  Have you even looked at still photos - many posted on this forum?

What did the rioters say they were trying to do?

Would you let the perpetrators off from a failed bank robbery because it failed?  Even though people lost their lives?

Good grief man. :no:

On 8/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, tigeraddikt said:

“Urban voting precincts” — racists are getting fancy.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:44 AM, AUDub said:

He doesn't get it anymore than Grumps does.

It's like saying a full blown constitutional crisis - complete with military involvement - is nothing to be concerned about.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:40 PM, aubaseball said:

Sort of like “pigs in blanket, fry’em like bacon”.   You mean those kinda chants at protest.  Words like those.  I’m guessing that’s just friendly banter.  

No, more like "shoot him with his own gun!"

Your "whatabboutism" doesn't fly.  One reflects black people's protests against on-going racism - particularly by police officers.  The other was attempting sedition against the country.

20 hours ago, AUDub said:

And let's not forget 147 Republicans voted to overturn certification of the election.

But your point is a good one.  Once we were the shinning example of a working Democracy.  DKW is content for us to be just another Turkey.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:41 AM, tigeraddikt said:

But honestly, losing that election, even with Democrat cheating (no proof, but they always do), was entirely on DJT.  What a totally jackwad statement. Democrats don't cheat any more than Republicans.  And only the latter is trying to change the rules in their favor, thanks to the Republican majority SCOTUS. 

He couldn't just keep his mouth shut and stay out of his own way for 1 second. If he had just toned down and played the middle during the pandemic, he would've easily won re-election imo.  In other words, if Trump wasn't the narcissistic, authoritarian, sociopath that he IS, he would have won.  Brilliant! 

Archived