this is what happens to people who tell the truth in trumps america..................

aubiefifty

Yahoo TV

D.C. police officer shares disturbing voicemail he received while testifying in front of Jan. 6 Select Committee

Wed, July 28, 2021, 1:24 AM

Fresh off delivering testimony at the first House committee hearing to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone appeared Tuesday on Don Lemon Tonight, where he shared a disturbing voicemail that he received from a stranger while he was testifying. And that voicemail came with a serious warning from host Don Lemon.

“It includes some incredibly offensive language, but we think people need to hear the kind of attacks that these officers are facing right now,” Lemon said. “Just for telling the truth about Jan. 6. Play it.”

The near-minute-long voicemail, which you can hear in the clip below, is filled with expletives and offensive language directed at Fanone and other police officers.

Fanone, who said this is not the first time people have expressed similar opinions to him, is actually a plainclothes narcotics officer who put on a uniform for the first time in nearly 10 years to respond to the calls for help on Jan. 6. He testified Tuesday that during the insurrection he was tased, beaten, and at risk of being stripped of and killed with his own firearm. And he told Lemon that he suffered a traumatic brain injury, heart attack, concussion and was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder.

Recently some Republicans have claimed that there was no armed insurrection, with Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson even calling it a "peaceful protest." It’s a stance that Fanone called “disgraceful” during his testimony Tuesday, and why he said a voicemail like this can and does happen.

“I remember my first reaction immediately after listening to that phone call,” Fanone said. “This is what happens to people that tell the truth in Trump's America.”

Don Lemon Tonight airs weeknights at 10 p.m. on CNN.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Yahoo TV

D.C. police officer shares disturbing voicemail he received while testifying in front of Jan. 6 Select Committee

Wed, July 28, 2021, 1:24 AM

Fresh off delivering testimony at the first House committee hearing to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone appeared Tuesday on Don Lemon Tonight, where he shared a disturbing voicemail that he received from a stranger while he was testifying. And that voicemail came with a serious warning from host Don Lemon.

“It includes some incredibly offensive language, but we think people need to hear the kind of attacks that these officers are facing right now,” Lemon said. “Just for telling the truth about Jan. 6. Play it.”

The near-minute-long voicemail, which you can hear in the clip below, is filled with expletives and offensive language directed at Fanone and other police officers.

Fanone, who said this is not the first time people have expressed similar opinions to him, is actually a plainclothes narcotics officer who put on a uniform for the first time in nearly 10 years to respond to the calls for help on Jan. 6. He testified Tuesday that during the insurrection he was tased, beaten, and at risk of being stripped of and killed with his own firearm. And he told Lemon that he suffered a traumatic brain injury, heart attack, concussion and was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder.

Recently some Republicans have claimed that there was no armed insurrection, with Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson even calling it a "peaceful protest." It’s a stance that Fanone called “disgraceful” during his testimony Tuesday, and why he said a voicemail like this can and does happen.

“I remember my first reaction immediately after listening to that phone call,” Fanone said. “This is what happens to people that tell the truth in Trump's America.”

Don Lemon Tonight airs weeknights at 10 p.m. on CNN.

i just realized the video did not load. nor for the articl on yahoo of tucker and ingram laughing and making fun of the cops who put their lives on the line when the capitol was stormed.

56 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just realized the video did not load. nor for the articl on yahoo of tucker and ingram laughing and making fun of the cops who put their lives on the line when the capitol was stormed.

Hearing the testimony from the one LEO who was fighting to retain his weapon while people were screaming "shoot him with his own gun!" was appalling.

Yeah, just a peaceful protest by patriots.

And some in the mob were carrying "thin blue line" flags. :no:  So much for Republican law and order.

All Republican/right wing news has done since the hearing started is make fun of the police; call them out for being emotional, crying, or having PTSD, saying they are too weak to be police. Laughing at their testimony, calling them paid crisis actors, etc. 

ALOT of Republican media personalities are truly vile human garbage. It's not surprising that so many who listen to them daily turn into the type of people that stormed the capitol, 

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Imagine the right wing response if this crowd had been black.

You mean like what was happening in Minneapolis, Seattle, New York City, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, San Francisco, LA and other cities throughout America last summer during a pandemic?  Do some of you not even think for a second, that what happened then might have led to some of the behavior during January 6th?  If you don’t your are completely blind to what was happening.

I am in no way saying what happened at the capital was justified.   It was unlawful and everyone that entered the capital should be punished.

14 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You mean like what was happening in Minneapolis, Seattle, New York City, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, San Francisco, LA and other cities throughout America last summer during a pandemic?  Do some of you not even think for a second, that what happened then might have led to some of the behavior during January 6th?  If you don’t your are completely blind to what was happening.

I am in no way saying what happened at the capital was justified.   It was unlawful and everyone that entered the capital should be punished.

Perhaps you are the one who is blindly accepting a misleading narrative:

https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/news-and-ideas/black-lives-matter-protesters-were-overwhelmingly-peaceful-our-research-finds

Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Overwhelmingly Peaceful, Our Research Finds

The Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

When the Department of Homeland Security released its Homeland Threat Assessment earlier this month, it emphasized that self-proclaimed white supremacist groups are the most dangerous threat to U.S. security. But the report misleadingly added that there had been “over 100 days of violence and destruction in our cities,” referring to the anti-racism uprisings of this past summer.

In fact, the Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

Since 2017, we have been collecting data on political crowds in the United States, including the protests that surged during the summer. We have almost finished collecting data from May to June, having already documented 7,305 events in thousands of towns and cities in all 50 states and D.C., involving millions of attendees.

Because most of the missing data are from small towns and cities, we do not expect the overall proportions to change significantly once we complete the data collection.

We make two assumptions. First, when politicians and officials categorize the protests as violent, they are usually envisioning property destruction or interpersonal violence in which they infer that BLM protesters are attacking police, bystanders and property.

Second, using several measures to evaluate protest behavior offers a better assessment than the blanket term “violence.” For example, we disaggregate property destruction from interpersonal violence. We analyze separately the number of injuries or deaths among protesters and police. And we are thinking about how gathering even finer-grained data in the future could help further assign precise responsibility for violent acts.

Here is what we have found based on the 7,305 events we’ve collected. The overall levels of violence and property destruction were low, and most of the violence that did take place was, in fact, directed against the BLM protesters.

First, police made arrests in 5% of the protest events, with over 8,500 reported arrests (or possibly more). Police used tear gas or related chemical substances in 2.5% of these events.

Protesters or bystanders were reported injured in 1.6 percent of the protests. In total, at least three Black Lives Matter protesters and one other person were killed while protesting in Omaha, Austin and Kenosha, Wis. One anti-fascist protester killed a far-right group member during a confrontation in Portland, Ore.; law enforcement killed the alleged assailant several days later.

Police were reported injured in 1% of the protests. A law enforcement officer killed in California was allegedly shot by supporters of the far-right “boogaloo” movement, not anti-racism protesters.

The killings in the line of duty of other law enforcement officers during this period were not related to the protests.

Only 3.7% of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

In short, our data suggest that 96.3% of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7% of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.

These figures should correct the narrative that the protests were overtaken by rioting and vandalism or violence.

Such claims are false. Incidents in which there was protester violence or property destruction should be regarded as exceptional – and not representative of the uprising as a whole.

In many instances, police reportedly began or escalated the violence, but some observers nevertheless blame the protesters.

The claim that the protests are violent – even when the police started the violence – can help local, state and federal forces justify intentionally beating, gassing or kettling the people marching, or reinforces politicians’ calls for “law and order.”

Given that protesters were objecting to extrajudicial police killings of Black citizens, protesters displayed an extraordinary level of nonviolent discipline, particularly for a campaign involving hundreds of documented incidents of apparent police brutality.

The protests were extraordinarily nonviolent, and extraordinarily nondestructive, given the unprecedented size of the movement’s participation and geographic scope.

How the news media frame protests influences how the public perceives them. Ambiguous framings – such as those describing “clashes” between protesters and police – can convey false information about which side is violent. For instance, an extensive archive reveals that police themselves allegedly instigated a number of reported “clashes,” which also likely led to more arrests, participant injuries and possibly even property damage.

This is important because public perceptions of the legitimacy of protests vs. policing have had fairly immediate effects on election outcomes and public policy. Those perceptions affect public attitudes toward movements for years.

Further, authoritarian leaders almost always try to treat protesters as criminals and to delegitimize their claims by exaggerating any incidents of violence and property destruction. These narrative techniques shore up support for broad-based repression against these groups, at little political cost to the autocrat.

“In many instances, police reportedly began or escalated the violence, but some observers nevertheless blame the protesters.

The claim that the protests are violent – even when thepolice started the violence – can help local, state and federal forces justify intentionally beating, gassing or kettling the people marching, or reinforces politicians’ calls for “law and order.”

Given that protesters were objecting to extrajudicial police killings of Black citizens, protesters displayed an extraordinary level of nonviolent discipline, particularly for a campaign involving hundreds of documented incidents of apparent police brutality.”

If this is the kind of hog wash you read to get your information, then I see why you write and quote the way you do.   What happened last summer was a disgrace and currently what is happening in cities like San Francisco were groups are going into stores and stealing with disregard for anyone and anything is total horse sh**.   What you fail to understand is that when the police declare that protest is unlawful, it’s no  longer a peaceful protest whether you like it or not.    Anyone participating after this is subject to arrest.   

21 hours ago, aubaseball said:

they were calling the black officer the N word while trying their hardest to hurt him. you guys are getting more and more racist. some of you cheered when the white female protestor i think in north carolina was run over and killed because she was helping and joining others she thought were wronged. and several on your side said she deserved it for being in the street. and many on here on the right claimed they would run over anyone blocking the road during a peaceful protest. imagine folks wanting to hurt and kill people over an inconvenience? but then you guys have repeatedly denied trump is a racist. my point is if you support your party you support their stupidity to an extent. i mean your side does not want certain members in life to get paid a decent wage because you do not want burgers to go up a quarter. and i will never understand why you people are not willing to make corps pay their fair share when it comes to their employees. only two people can pay for it and that would be corps or government. and when we say government i mean citizens are paying bills that belong to corporations. food, housing, insurance and all the other things are paid for by the tax payers because corporations are not paying their fair share. and hey guess what? if they were not mowing people down in the streets the riots would never have started. it is a damn shame thugs were mostly bused in to cause more chaos because blm was started as a church group. and ther are several factions of blm. kind of like when we invaded iraq and did not realize there were different tribes and you see how bad we screwed that one up. you bring up motive and then say it is not justified but have you even spoke out about what happened on the sixth? the sad truth is wingnuts have taken over your party and continue to do damage every single day.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they were calling the black officer the N word while trying their hardest to hurt him. you guys are getting more and more racist. some of you cheered when the white female protestor i think in north carolina was run over and killed because she was helping and joining others she thought were wronged. and several on your side said she deserved it for being in the street. and many on here on the right claimed they would run over anyone blocking the road during a peaceful protest. imagine folks wanting to hurt and kill people over an inconvenience? but then you guys have repeatedly denied trump is a racist. my point is if you support your party you support their stupidity to an extent. i mean your side does not want certain members in life to get paid a decent wage because you do not want burgers to go up a quarter. and i will never understand why you people are not willing to make corps pay their fair share when it comes to their employees. only two people can pay for it and that would be corps or government. and when we say government i mean citizens are paying bills that belong to corporations. food, housing, insurance and all the other things are paid for by the tax payers because corporations are not paying their fair share. and hey guess what? if they were not mowing people down in the streets the riots would never have started. it is a damn shame thugs were mostly bused in to cause more chaos because blm was started as a church group. and ther are several factions of blm. kind of like when we invaded iraq and did not realize there were different tribes and you see how bad we screwed that one up. you bring up motive and then say it is not justified but have you even spoke out about what happened on the sixth? the sad truth is wingnuts have taken over your party and continue to do damage every single day.

You’re a projector!   You project all your hatred of republicans onto anyone that has a different opinion than you.   When have I ever said I’m a republican?   You just assume that I am, and then lump everyone with a different view into a trumper!    

I, like a lot on this board, can have different opinions on issues and not agree with everything that is going on in this country.   I don’t have to be republican or a democratic to have an opinion. Why do you feel the need to label or lump people into a group?  I’m an independent person and can think for myself.   I don’t need a politician to think for me or a political party.  

20 hours ago, aubaseball said:

“In many instances, police reportedly began or escalated the violence, but some observers nevertheless blame the protesters.

The claim that the protests are violent – even when thepolice started the violence – can help local, state and federal forces justify intentionally beating, gassing or kettling the people marching, or reinforces politicians’ calls for “law and order.”

Given that protesters were objecting to extrajudicial police killings of Black citizens, protesters displayed an extraordinary level of nonviolent discipline, particularly for a campaign involving hundreds of documented incidents of apparent police brutality.”

If this is the kind of hog wash you read to get your information, then I see why you write and quote the way you do.   What happened last summer was a disgrace and currently what is happening in cities like San Francisco were groups are going into stores and stealing with disregard for anyone and anything is total horse sh**.   What you fail to understand is that when the police declare that protest is unlawful, it’s no  longer a peaceful protest whether you like it or not.    Anyone participating after this is subject to arrest.   

The great majority of these protests were peaceful.  That means no violence concerning people or property. Many smaller towns - like mine - had BLM protests with no problems.

The constitution guarantees our right to assemble and protest.  Unfortunately, when you have thousands and thousands of people all over the country doing so, you will inevitably have a few who cross the line - including looting.

It's funny how people like yourself focus on the unfortunate protest incidents while at the same time trying to downplay what happened Jan.6.

9 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You’re a projector!   You project all your hatred of republicans onto anyone that has a different opinion than you.   When have I ever said I’m a republican?   You just assume that I am, and then lump everyone with a different view into a trumper!    

I, like a lot on this board, can have different opinions on issues and not agree with everything that is going on in this country.   I don’t have to be republican or a democratic to have an opinion. Why do you feel the need to label or lump people into a group?  I’m an independent person and can think for myself.   I don’t need a politician to think for me or a political party.  

you would be wrong. my best friend is a full blooded repub and a preacher. january sixth was not supposed to be peaceful. it was full of racists. black lives matter started as a church group. there were also white righties posing as libs doing arson and there were articles posted in this very forum. that is fact. but sure there were trouble makers and many were bused in. and i never said you did not have a right to your own opinion. i would almost bet my house you did not vote for hillary. it is ok buddy if you want to confess you voted for trump. i mean indies need to up their game if they want to be relevant. if you make a statement on here people will respond. we are all fair game. this is the smack board. if you prefer nicer and less blunt answers the other political board is for you. and when you bang black protests and use it to justify the sixth with i will call you out. but just because i do not know you and i might be wrong about you being a repub means what? i am pretty sure you voted for trump. you can deny it all you want but it does not change my mind.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

The great majority of these protests were peaceful.

Sure they were using some 7305 events since 2017. 

“Further, authoritarian leaders almost always try to treat protesters as criminals and to delegitimize their claims by exaggerating any incidents of violence and property destruction. These narrative techniques shore up support forbroad-based repression against these groups, at little political cost to the autocrat.”

what leaders are Radcliffe.Harvard referring to?

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sure they were using some 7305 events since 2017. 

“Further, authoritarian leaders almost always try to treat protesters as criminals and to delegitimize their claims by exaggerating any incidents of violence and property destruction. These narrative techniques shore up support forbroad-based repression against these groups, at little political cost to the autocrat.”

what leaders are Radcliffe.Harvard referring to?

Authoritarian leaders. Obviously, Trump comes to mind.

He recently said his greatest regret from his term in office was not unleashing the military to intervene in BLM protests.

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Authoritarian leaders. Obviously, Trump comes to mind.

He recently said his greatest regret from his term in office was not unleashing the military to intervene in BLM protests.

Somebody needed to. Destroying federal property is a crime. 

Archived