2021 SEC Media Days schedule Updated

aubiefifty

2021 SEC Media Days schedule (Updated July 20, 2021)

SDS Staff | 2 hours ago
2-3 minutes

SEC Media Days kicked off from Hoover, Alabama, on Monday, July 19.

The Florida Gators, LSU Tigers and South Carolina Gamecocks invaded Hoover for their annual preview of the season.

Dan Mullen came rocking his new Jordan’s, while Shane Beamer stole the show. Beamer then had social media buzzing again after he and his media team duplicated Steve Spurrier’s legendary Arby’s photo from several years ago following a visit to SEC Media Days.

On Tuesday, however, four new teams hit Hoover: Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss and Tennessee. And yes, we are expecting big things from Lane Kiffin’s first SEC Media Days as Ole Miss’ head coach.

It will all be broadcast live on the SEC Network for fans to see.

RELATED: 5 most interesting things from Day 1 of SEC Media Days

2021 SEC FOOTBALL MEDIA DAYS SCHEDULE

TUESDAY, July 20
Georgia – Kirby Smart, JT Daniels, QB, Junior, Jordan Davis, DL, Senior
Kentucky – Mark Stoops, Darian Kinnard, OT, Senior, Josh Paschal, DE, Senior
Ole Miss – Lane Kiffin, Matt Corral, QB, Junior, Jaylon Jones, DB, Senior
Tennessee – Josh Heupel, Velus Jones Jr., WR, Senior, Alontae Taylor, DB, Senior

WEDNESDAY, July 21
Alabama – Nick Saban, Phidarian Mathis, DL, Senior, John Metchie III, WR, Junior
Mississippi State – Mike Leach, Aaron Brule, LB, Junior, Austin Williams, WR, Senior
Texas A&M – Jimbo Fisher, Kenyon Green, OL, Junior, DeMarvin Leal, DL, Junior
Vanderbilt – Clark Lea, Bradley Ashmore, OL, Sophomore, Daevion Davis, DL, Junior

THURSDAY, July 22
Arkansas – Sam Pittman, Myron Cunningham, OL, Senior, Grant Morgan, LB, Senior
Auburn – Bryan Harsin, Bo Nix, QB, Junior, Owen Pappoe, LB, Junior
Missouri – Eli Drinkwitz, Akial Byers, DL, Senior, Case Cook, OL, Senior

Screen-Shot-2021-07-20-at-7.03.10-AM-610

TRENDING

i see we are next to last and only above missou........hope this is not a jinx!

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i see we are next to last and only above missou........hope this is not a jinx!

As in where you appear on Media days has an impact on how you play for that year? That’s even a long way away from voodoo.

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

As in where you appear on Media days has an impact on how you play for that year? That’s even a long way away from voodoo.

um hank that isl a joke

From SDS's "Five most interesting things from day one"  "5. There’s a clear message: Get vaccination thresholds up or else 2020 flashbacks will happen."

I'll never understand how NC State allowed their team to be tossed from the college baseball world series because of un-vaccinated players. It's safe and simple, yet some SEC football teams are currently in jeopardy of having to forfeit games this coming fall.

Were I a head coach, no un-vaccinated player would get on the bus. The consequences of having to forfeit a game are too high. I suppose someone with a valid medical excuse would be an exception but it would have to be a good one.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Were I a head coach, no un-vaccinated player would get on the bus.

UGA announced they are above 85%.havent seen any other team say it yet. I'd hope we get way up there

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

From SDS's "Five most interesting things from day one"  "5. There’s a clear message: Get vaccination thresholds up or else 2020 flashbacks will happen."

I'll never understand how NC State allowed their team to be tossed from the college baseball world series because of un-vaccinated players. It's safe and simple, yet some SEC football teams are currently in jeopardy of having to forfeit games this coming fall.

Were I a head coach, no un-vaccinated player would get on the bus. The consequences of having to forfeit a game are too high. I suppose someone with a valid medical excuse would be an exception but it would have to be a good one.

I can think of a lot of reasons for kids not to get vaccinated.  The CDC has a vaccine complication tracking system called VAERS that right now shows that 11,000 people have died from the vaccine and over 48,000 people have had serious injuries. And these numbers are thought to be under reported by a factor of 5 to 10.  A young, healthy person is more likely to die from the flu, falls or suicide than Covid.  Kids are just not dying from covid.  Seeing report after report of kids getting myocarditis scares the hell out of me more than covid at this point in my life.  Long term effects are not established and there has been some suggestion that autoimmune disorders and infertility may come in to play.  Also, getting the shot does not insure being able to get away from the mask or avoiding shut downs.  The current reporting in this country wishes to tell you that non vaxed are the ones getting the delta variant, but in the UK and Israel about half of the cases are in the vaccinated.  So does it really do any good? Here is a great review on the VAERS information. https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaers-deaths-injuries-reported-cdc-covid-vaccines-moderna-pregnant-women/

At this point we need to move this conversation to the politics section of AU Family and we can each flail away form that perspective.

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

At this point we need to move this conversation to the politics section of AU Family and we can each flail away form that perspective.

You made a good post with some good points. However, what's right or wrong, what the politics are and so forth are not really the subject here.

Right or wrong, the SEC and NCAA have made rules. Either follow those rules or forfeit games are the available options.

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I can think of a lot of reasons for kids not to get vaccinated.  The CDC has a vaccine complication tracking system called VAERS that right now shows that 11,000 people have died from the vaccine and over 48,000 people have had serious injuries. And these numbers are thought to be under reported by a factor of 5 to 10.  A young, healthy person is more likely to die from the flu, falls or suicide than Covid.  Kids are just not dying from covid.  Seeing report after report of kids getting myocarditis scares the hell out of me more than covid at this point in my life.  Long term effects are not established and there has been some suggestion that autoimmune disorders and infertility may come in to play.  Also, getting the shot does not insure being able to get away from the mask or avoiding shut downs.  The current reporting in this country wishes to tell you that non vaxed are the ones getting the delta variant, but in the UK and Israel about half of the cases are in the vaccinated.  So does it really do any good? Here is a great review on the VAERS information. https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaers-deaths-injuries-reported-cdc-covid-vaccines-moderna-pregnant-women/

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

UGA announced they are above 85%.havent seen any other team say it yet. I'd hope we get way up there

Also UAT at At 90%

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

This a False data. That's Over 20 years of data for all types of vaccines an for people with multiple issues. and that link is bunk. See below. Please do not report false information related to covid vaccinations when the bigger data is over 4 million people have died from the pandemic, in just over a year. Over 600k Americans.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/verify-cdc-fda-data-doesnt-support-thousands-died-from-covid-19-vaccines/77-a51f6208-afc2-4045-bdc1-021aec83e77c

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Well that settles it

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

um hank that isl a joke

Must have been the pain medication. I’m beginning to get used to missing the point in here. Thx for the polite steer.

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Must have been the pain medication. I’m beginning to get used to missing the point in here. Thx for the polite steer.

you are ok with me hank i was just letting you know i joke a lot. hope you get to feeling better.

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Whatever it is, I hope it's not chronic in nature. 

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are ok with me hank i was just letting you know i joke a lot. hope you get to feeling better.

Thx for that, working thru a back surgery on Friday but see some light. 

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Thx for that, working thru a back surgery on Friday but see some light. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thx, hope this solves it.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Thx, hope this solves it.

Been there and it’s rough. Back problems suck lemons 

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

Been there and it’s rough. Back problems suck lemons 

Not to be a downer but my best friend at Auburn was a running back he has had 4 surgeries on his back in the last 4 years. 

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not to be a downer but my best friend at Auburn was a running back he has had 4 surgeries on his back in the last 4 years. 

Ouch 😣 I’ve got 6screws and two rods in mine. End of my derailment.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, McLoofus said:

i read that on al.com and i posted it on facebook and people are still in denial. i have both shots and i read somewhere that getting the flu shot helps combat covid as well. anyone heaar this? i will be 66 next month and since i have made it this long i would like to add another ten or twenty years.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, McLoofus said:

Very sad indeed. 

You'll get stories like that in severe flu seasons as well.  

But I was discussing the vaccination part of therapy.

Archived