Ranking wide receivers in 2021

aubiefifty

Ranking Auburn's wide receivers in 2021

Zac Blackerby
3-4 minutes

With the addition of Demetris Robertson transferring to Auburn, the Tigers have a much different look at wide receivers entering the 2021 season.

The former Georgia receiver will be the oldest player in the room and will carry the most experience of any skill player in Bryan Harsin’s offense. Although inexperienced, the wide receiver room on The Plains is filled will a lot of explosive players and has a ridiculous amount of upside.

With the departure of Eli Stove, Seth Williams, and Anthony Schwartz, Auburn’s next version of a big three at the wide receiver position will be a wait and see type situation as younger guys like Kobe Hudson, ZeVian Capers, and Elijah Canion fight for playing time in this new Mike Bobo offense.

Let’s rate Auburn’s receivers going into fall camp after the addition of Robertson.

USATSI_15917374.jpg

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

It was a fun story when Newton announced he would be attending Auburn University but it seems like a tough road for him to crack the starting rotation in 2021.

14-Auburn-5-e1620415944765.jpg

Evans is a young receiver that will be able to do a lot of effective things in the open field. He has a chance to be a key number two or three option in this offense by the time he’s done on The Plains.

USATSI_13732336.jpg

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Jackson was the most veteran wide receiver room before the addition of Robertson. Former players talk about his ability to lead and is ready to step up but his inability to stay healthy is his largest hurdle.

USATSI_15765074.jpg

Johnson Jr. is one of the fastest players in the SEC. Harsin and Bobo will dial up enough plays to him to make him a key role player in this offense in 2021. He has the ability to pop on any play.

USATSI_15384990.jpg

Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

Capers was a starter in the slot for last year’s squad at some points in the season. It will be interesting to see how he is used in this new offense.

USATSI_15385588-e1620409197605.jpg

Canion had a breakout game against Northwestern in the Citrus Bowl and also looked great in the A-Day game. He could be a fixture on the outside for Bo Nix this season.

USATSI_15384982-e1622234202421.jpg

A former high school quarterback has shown that he is a natural wide receiver. Hudson will be a big part of the Auburn passing game.

usatsi_13732153-1-e1622395451547.jpg

Johnson has set himself up for a breakout season. His production in the slot could be what helps Auburn’s offense take a huge step forward in 2021.

USATSI_15050731.jpg

Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

The newest man in the receiver room has the chance to be the best. Robertson will have a chance to become Nix’s favorite target once fall camp begins.

I hear Robinson has legal issues he needs to deal with and I’m not putting much stock in him until that is done.  He may not be eligible though you would think our coaching staff looked into that before signing him.  

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I hear Robinson has legal issues he needs to deal with and I’m not putting much stock in him until that is done.  He may not be eligible though you would think our coaching staff looked into that before signing him.  

What legal things ? That supposed felony charge some Alabama writer wrote about ?

he removed a tire clamp from his car because he was illegally parked. how serious that is i have no doubt but i bet harsin knows about it and i bet it is not a thing or why would he take him? i know logic does not always work but that is my take on it.

• WarTiger changed the title to Ranking wide receivers in 2021