Devan Barrett

Eagle-1

Been posted for a couple days 

I’m glad he’s at least lookin to go elsewhere as a DB. I rather guys go out where their heart lies vs having to compromise elsewhere to keep a spot (e.g Nick Marshall in the NFL) 

that’s obv selfish though 

Seems like an odd time to transfer, I mean if wanted to do that it probably should have been done earlier. I dunno, maybe it doesn’t matter, just logistically it seems weird. 

16 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Seems like an odd time to transfer, I mean if wanted to do that it probably should have been done earlier. I dunno, maybe it doesn’t matter, just logistically it seems weird. 

Saw where he stood.

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I guess after sitting out a year he gave AU another try this Spring, what with the new staff. When he still couldn't move up the pecking order, he decided to try another school. He can probably be a solid contributor at some smaller school. I hope he can get picked up somewhere but that portal is crammed with borderline talents that aren't going to find a place to land.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I guess after sitting out a year he gave AU another try this Spring, what with the new staff. When he still couldn't move up the pecking order, he decided to try another school. He can probably be a solid contributor at some smaller school. I hope he can get picked up somewhere but that portal is crammed with borderline talents that aren't going to find a place to land.

Certainly looks that way.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

portal is crammed with borderline talents that aren't going to find a place to land.

Sad to say this is very true and losing that scholly money is going to hurt 

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Sad to say this is very true and losing that scholly money is going to hurt 

It very well could be that in the future, this particular year will influence some of these decisions. Like, perhaps the grass isn't always greener on the other side. If there are a bunch of guys that go into the portal and don't get picked up like they think they will. 

Or, maybe not.....

Archived