Has Georgia eclipsed Alabama as the primary rival?

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

what has Georgia done with ALL of that scary talent they have? from Richt to Kirby it is said that they are equal to bama they can't beat them they can't beat fla like they have abused us we had a clown as a head coach who refused to listen to anybody and that has been Auburn problem with UGA is leadership.

Kicked our a$$ and taken our recruits. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They are one of the top 5 programs right now.

He was right behind us in recruiting rankings his first year and ahead of us ever sense, so I would say they are doing extremely well. Hopefully we catch up from here forwards.

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They are one of the top 5 programs right now.

so we are now concern with winning the recruiting national championship??? y'all are just upset because we aren't getting any love from talking heads and national media. Cincinnati was seconds from beating the mighty big dogs in there back yard last year give me a break!!!

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

so we are now concern with winning the recruiting national championship??? y'all are just upset because we aren't getting any love from talking heads and national media. Cincinnati was seconds from beating the mighty big dogs in there back yard last year give me a break!!!

Since 2014 every team that has won the NC has been teams that are typically ranked in top 5 of recruiting those years. Certainly seems like a strong starting point. Georgia has been in those mixes each year even though they haven’t won it.

24 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not sure if you are serious, trolling, or just clueless, so for that reason, I'm out. 

I'm not clueless, just stating the facts if y'all want to say they look good coming through an airport then go ahead the book doesn't lie what the hell have they done with all of this so call talent?? waiting... Gene won a championship in 2years the clown went to a championship with a little bit more talent then the 2010 team had, again, what has GEORIGA DONE??????? by the way trolling huh!

On 7/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, Win4AU said:

I definitely feel the rivalry has changed in the last 10 years.  It used to be a mostly friendly rivalry but since the Fairly hits on Murray things seem to have turned for the worse.  Agree with other folks that Auburn has beaten itself just as much as UGA beat us.  Injuries in 2015,2016, and 2017.  Play calling and a bad throw/drop in 2019.  2014, 2018, 2020 only true beat downs.  Harsin’s #1 goal should be to move Auburn closer to 50/50 against UGA, Bama, and LSU.  

It wasn't just the Fairley hits. It was the fact we won a natty. It broke their brains. They are now the only real SEC power without a title in the last 25 years. 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, eaglenest said:

I'm not clueless, just stating the facts if y'all want to say they look good coming through an airport then go ahead the book doesn't lie what the hell have they done with all of this so call talent?? waiting... Gene won a championship in 2years the clown went to a championship with a little bit more talent then the 2010 team had, again, what has GEORIGA DONE??????? by the way trolling huh!

They were one play away from the title- over the GOAT- in 2017. smart has won 11 or more games in 3 of his 5 seasons, with the exceptions being his first season and last year's 10-game season. 

I promise you I hate them more than you do and, no, smart hasn't maximized that talent to the historic level that saban has. But they are absolutely an elite program right now and several rungs above us on the ladder.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They were one play away from the title- over the GOAT- in 2017. smart has won 11 or more games in 3 of his 5 seasons, with the exceptions being his first season and last year's 10-game season. 

I promise you I hate them more than you do and, no, smart hasn't maximized that talent to the historic level that saban has. But they are absolutely an elite program right now and several rungs above us on the ladder.

I am not debating there roster level,it's has alway's been that way, Richt was no better with the same results. Auburn on the other hand is it's own worst enemy, we can't get out of our own way. This fan base need to stop crying like a 2 year old and start demanding better from it's leaders and decision makers, tell Rane, herbert, and the likes, to stay the hell out of this process and let those that is responsible do there jobs. most Auburn fans do not put much credence into this notion, but, we need to get out of this Under Armor deal asap.

13 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

I am not debating there roster level,it's has alway's been that way, Richt was no better with the same results. Auburn on the other hand is it's own worst enemy, we can't get out of our own way. This fan base need to stop crying like a 2 year old and start demanding better from it's leaders and decision makers, tell Rane, herbert, and the likes, to stay the hell out of this process and let those that is responsible do there jobs. most Auburn fans do not put much credence into this notion, but, we need to get out of this Under Armor deal asap.

Not sure what all you're on about. I was just responding to your comments on their football results. We can agree to disagree on that and just not engage at all on the rest. 👍

They've been getting recruits on Bama's level since Smart arrived. It was just a matter of time. We'll be where we've been until we can flip that script or recruit on that level too. At least now we have some hope things could change in the near future.

People remark on Richt's record to this point as being similar to Kirby...but Richt when he started out looked like he could've had UGA contending for a natty for YEARS. They just also happened to exist during the remnants of respectable Tennessee and prime Florida. Even if you ignore that they're in a better state talent wise than Richt had them, relative to the rest of the SEC, which should lead to more sustained success, starting out like Mark is not a bad spot for Kirby

You can also contend that the two teams he lost to in SEC CGs are better than the best team Mark ever faced. That 2018 Alabama team had a jaw dropping run analytically and he had them looking like little brother for a half 

On 7/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Almost rendered 2013 nonexistent...

Almost? Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. As far as your question, no doubt UGA is a *primary* rival but as long as Auburn remains a university with a D1 football team in the state of Alabama, Alabama will be *the* primary rival.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

They've been getting recruits on Bama's level since Smart arrived. It was just a matter of time. We'll be where we've been until we can flip that script or recruit on that level too. At least now we have some hope things could change in the near future.

agree! but let's go back to 2017 with competent coaching and good leadership the sky is the limit, chip calling the plays in baton rouge before Arthur took back the play calling, chip calling the plays in the UGA game, Arthur takes them back in the championship rematch and among many other things in that game. Listen, we are not far off we just need good sound coaching and development, the rest will take care of itself.

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Almost? Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. As far as your question, no doubt UGA is a *primary* rival but as long as Auburn remains a university with a D1 football team in the state of Alabama, Alabama will be *the* primary rival.

The majority of modern Auburn football can be disseminated into almost; I don’t think you can be so dismissive of that concept with this program. Especially when this instance of “almost” is literally a football having to take the the exact angle after bouncing off a guy’s shoulder pad that it did or the game ends lol 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The majority of modern Auburn football can be disseminated into almost; I don’t think you can be so dismissive of that concept with this program. Especially when this instance of “almost” is literally a football having to take the the exact angle after bouncing off a guy’s shoulder pad that it did or the game ends lol 

Know what I call an "almost" loss? A win. That UGA game is on the record book as a W. Anyway, that's how I feel about it.  Bama is our primary rival. That's how I feel about that too. Living through 9 straight losses has an effect...

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yep

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

People remark on Richt's record to this point as being similar to Kirby...but Richt when he started out looked like he could've had UGA contending for a natty for YEARS. They just also happened to exist during the remnants of respectable Tennessee and prime Florida. Even if you ignore that they're in a better state talent wise than Richt had them, relative to the rest of the SEC, which should lead to more sustained success, starting out like Mark is not a bad spot for Kirby

You can also contend that the two teams he lost to in SEC CGs are better than the best team Mark ever faced. That 2018 Alabama team had a jaw dropping run analytically and he had them looking like little brother for a half 

Exactly. Kirby has them in a place that all but a few teams in college football envy. They have a legit shot at the national title each year. 

I hope it falls apart and I current want AU to beat them more than anyone else. But I’m afraid they are doing quite well. 

Archived