Ranking SEC schedules toughest to easiest in 2021

aubiefifty

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Since 2007 we have lost 18 games to East opponents...12 of those are against GA.

Either move to the East and Drop AL or stay in the West and drop GA.  Otherwise, we will; even in some pretty good years; have 2 SEC losses at playoff eval time.  

“(The state of Alabama) touch(es) Florida, Georgia and Tennessee, we need to be in the East, and Missouri needs to be in the West." Pat Dye 2017

Running from Bama/UGA is about the worst possible thing to do. Pretending we can't beat them is dumb. We've beaten both countless times and will in the future 

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Since 2007 we have lost 18 games to East opponents...12 of those are against GA.

Either move to the East and Drop AL or stay in the West and drop GA.  Otherwise, we will; even in some pretty good years; have 2 SEC losses at playoff eval time.  

“(The state of Alabama) touch(es) Florida, Georgia and Tennessee, we need to be in the East, and Missouri needs to be in the West." Pat Dye 2017

Why wouldn’t alabama be in the East too?

On 6/18/2021 at 5:15 PM, W.E.D said:

Running from Bama/UGA is about the worst possible thing to do. Pretending we can't beat them is dumb. We've beaten both countless times and will in the future 

This kind of thinking doesn't help us strategically speaking and always gives the advantage to bama and thUGA annually.  

There is not a logical reason for Auburn to have the toughest conf schedule 90% of the time.   I know Arky has it bad, but they have been a bad team and that factors in...I m talking straight up strength of schedule.  And  "oldest rivalry in the south" is not a good reason to play UGA every year.  Auburn getting saddled with UGA and bama getting UT is absolutely a backroom deal.  You will never convince me otherwise.  I know the history, but I also know the SEC has been run by the bama faithful.   I want as even playing field in August, every August as possible.  

If we go to a pod system, maybe, just maybe this will ironed out and we can have a balanced SOS most years.  

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Auburn getting saddled with UGA and bama getting UT is absolutely a backroom deal.  You will never convince me otherwise. 

Tennessee was really good for 15 years or so when they started the SEC divisions and permanent opponents. It's not like they got Vandy.

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

This kind of thinking doesn't help us strategically speaking and always gives the advantage to bama and thUGA annually.  

I don't see how playing our rivals gives them the advantage.  Until recently, we've been ahead of UGA or 50/50 historically.  We have more SEC and national championships than them.  I could understand being in Bama's shadow, but until like 2010 we weren't in UGAs.

16 hours ago, Beaker said:

There is not a logical reason for Auburn to have the toughest conf schedule 90% of the time.   I know Arky has it bad, but they have been a bad team and that factors in...I m talking straight up strength of schedule.  And  "oldest rivalry in the south" is not a good reason to play UGA every year.  Auburn getting saddled with UGA and bama getting UT is absolutely a backroom deal.  You will never convince me otherwise.  I know the history, but I also know the SEC has been run by the bama faithful.   I want as even playing field in August, every August as possible.  

If we go to a pod system, maybe, just maybe this will ironed out and we can have a balanced SOS most years.  

You're making way too much sense...some don't seem to understand the old sales adage; "you make your number at plan time".   Our plan is bad.  We're out of playoff contention before most seasons start with our current alignment and scheduling.   Notre Dame is making the playoffs...I wonder why...

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

You're making way too much sense...some don't seem to understand the old sales adage; "you make your number at plan time".   Our plan is bad.  We're out of playoff contention before most seasons start with our current alignment and scheduling.   Notre Dame is making the playoffs...I wonder why...

100%  and 'all for the sake of tradition'.  

Archived