OL numbers

bigbird

On 6/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree with this. Because of where Gus left us we may still have to do some band aid fixes with Grad Transfer or Juco types but you are correct there is little possibility of us getting a quality O-Linemen or two with 3 or 4 years of eligibility

The fact of the matter is that Gus’ recruiting was slipping. True we have talent, but he was not focused on where games are won, which is in the trenches. I believe Harsin has a plan to address deficiencies, but it will take a couple of recruiting cycles, to put his stamp and game plan into action. This current team is talented enough to win  anywhere between 6 and 9 games, but it may not be pretty this first year. I don’t expect a miracle year like Gus had in his first one and if we are being honest, the UGA and Bama game were miracle wins. Just my opinion. Harsin has to get used to recruiting in the South where it’s brutally competitive. As of now, I think he will be fine and change the culture of the team. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, bigbird said:

Problem is, you have been told multiple times by multiple people closer to the team than you that they are in fact very concerned. You just refuse to accept that. 

I prefer to look at the staff's actions, not what someone's friend's friend says he heard in the men's john. This staff has signed five transfers and taken verbal commitments from two more (at last count). Six of those are defensive players and the other one is a QB. I do not believe they are incapable of finding O-linemen. If they thought it was a life and death matter the positions of transfers would look different.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I prefer to look at the staff's actions, not what someone's friend's friend says he heard in the men's john. This staff has signed five transfers and taken verbal commitments from two more (at last count). Six of those are defensive players and the other one is a QB. I do not believe they are incapable of finding O-linemen. If they thought it was a life and death matter the positions of transfers would look different.

Let's try it this way. Who do you see as next year's starters on the OL? Who are the tackles? How do you expect them to perform?

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Let's try it this way. Who do you see as next year's starters on the OL? Who are the tackles? How do you expect them to perform?

Let's look at it this way: If we have hired the right coach, there will be tackles. What with the transfer portal and early NFL options the '22 team isn't set at any position yet. Why should the O-line be any different?

Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no

on and on and on and on....just look out for those jamaican women

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no Lets look at this way no lets try it this way no

on and on and on and on....just look out for those jamaican women

Funny story about my best friend when neither of us had anything to do with our money except our car, girlfriends and music. This was way before Google and many songs were played on the radio without DJ commentary. He liked a song he had heard on the radio and one day we drove to God only knows how many record stores in search of the cassette tape by Stephen Bishop that contained the song. He didn't know the title of the song so he bought several of his tapes thinking it had to be on one of them. Turned out that it wasn't on any of them. Some time afterward he found the song. It was Never Let Her Slip Away by Andrew Gold. I laughed a long time at that one and have called him the president of the Stephen Bishop fan club due to his collection of his music. Truth is, after listening to the song they did sound a little similar. 

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Funny story about my best friend when neither of us had anything to do with our money except our car, girlfriends and music. This was way before Google and many songs were played on the radio without DJ commentary. He liked a song he had heard on the radio and one day we drove to God only knows how many record stores in search of the cassette tape by Stephen Bishop that contained the song. He didn't know the title of the song so he bought several of his tapes thinking it had to be on one of them. Turned out that it wasn't on any of them. Some time afterward he found the song. It was Never Let Her Slip Away by Andrew Gold. I laughed a long time at that one and have called him the president of the Stephen Bishop fan club due to his collection of his music. Truth is, after listening to the song they did sound a little similar. 

Wow Andrew Gold good pull.......Golden Girls

Andrew and Stephen do say a little alike

On 6/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, bigbird said:

Great, so you admit we don't have any freshman or transfers to count right now. 

So again, what part of the OP was inaccurate?

And again, for S&G...

How many current OL do we have?

How many are seniors?

How many OL do we currently have signed to the class?

@Mikey 

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

@Mikey 

@Mikey, I agree.  It is embarrassing that you won't answer 3 simple questions but will accuse me of being me of deliberately misleading and disingenuous. 

Let's try again,

How many are seniors?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@Mikey, I agree.  It is embarrassing that you won't answer 3 simple questions but will accuse me of being me of deliberately misleading and disingenuous. 

Let's try again,

How many are seniors?

He won’t answer it. When you catch him in stuff he cowers away. 

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You already posted all that information. Can't remember your own information? Or was your information questionable and you're looking for a fact-check?

To be redundant: The makeup of the 2022 team is yet to be determined. Unless one has zero faith in the new staff it's too early to be getting in a panic over names and numbers that will change a great deal.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:07 AM, bigbird said:

As of now, this season we will only have 15 OL. After graduation and before incoming freshman, we will have 8 OL and only two are OT.

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=position

Irvin - Jr
Brahms - Sr
Johnson - So
Coffey - Sr
Manning - Sr

Jernigan - rFr
Jones - So
Hamm - Sr
Stutts - Jr
Jackson - Sr
Troxell - Sr
Council - Sr

Langlo - tFr
Zierer - Jr
Smith - tFr

We're going to be in a world of hurt while we try to address the deficiency left behind.   

It's going to be interesting to see how CBH decides to address it. So far, his forward thinking and roster management moves have given some hope that he knows what he's doing and will get it taken care of, but it's a scary outlook and a steep climb for sure

I've been posting for a minute that the number of seniors in that position group is alarming. We are going to need to do some serious lobbying to try and get some of them to use that additional pandemic-year to preserve some depth.  Coffey is one I could see possibly returning.

We definitely need an OL or two from the portal with a decent amount of eligibility left. Excited about Colby Smith and Garner Langlo who actually have NFL OT frames to build and develop but I don't think they'll be ready to go by next year since they'll need to put on a decent amount of mass.

Still need more punters in my opinion.  Can't ever have enough punter depth.

You missed Kyle Vaccarella, unless you're not counting preferred walk ons...

... or long snappers.  :poke:

5 hours ago, The Freak said:

You missed Kyle Vaccarella, unless you're not counting preferred walk ons...

... or long snappers.  :poke:

He's a 6* Long Snapper. I will tolerate zero slander sent his way.

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He's a 6* Long Snapper. I will tolerate zero slander sent his way.

Why don't we call Centers short snappers?

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Definitely should lol

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I know I'm gonna start

I "short-snapped" for PATs & FGs on my HS team, back in the day.  And I DID consider myself an OL (because I played OT on the 1st team offense, too!)  

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Your refusal is beyond telling.  

You asking someone to post information that you yourself already posted is beyond silly.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Medium snapper gets subbed in for shotgun.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Mikey said:

If you're concerned about next season's team, then certainly incoming freshmen should be counted. They'll be on the team (barring some tragedy that could happen to anybody)

Apparently the staff is more concerned about the defensive side of the ball. The only offensive transfer taken so far is one QB. The staff's actions to date don't indicate a big concern with the O-line.

If this staff isn't concerned about the oline deficiencies each and every day they go to work and when they lay head to pillow at night, then this team is in serious trouble.  Because as we all know,  the last regime refused to place a high importance on oline recruiting and we see what their efforts have rendered which will be felt for years down the road. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

You asking someone to post information that you yourself already posted is beyond silly.

Was that the information that you refuse to admit to or the information that you have declared to be deliberately misleading and disingenuous?

Or 

Are you admitting that my OP is true and factual?

On 6/9/2021 at 8:07 AM, bigbird said:

As of now, this season we will only have 15 OL. After graduation and before incoming freshman, we will have 8 OL and only two are OT.

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=position

Irvin - Jr
Brahms - Sr
Johnson - So
Coffey - Sr
Manning - Sr

Jernigan - rFr
Jones - So
Hamm - Sr
Stutts - Jr
Jackson - Sr
Troxell - Sr
Council - Sr

Langlo - tFr
Zierer - Jr
Smith - tFr

We're going to be in a world of hurt while we try to address the deficiency left behind.   

It's going to be interesting to see how CBH decides to address it. So far, his forward thinking and roster management moves have given some hope that he knows what he's doing and will get it taken care of, but it's a scary outlook and a steep climb for sure

What makes you think that?  First off the last guy was an under appreciated offenseive genius that new the future was recruiting nothing but guards and was even more efficient by relying on transfers.  Harsin just needs to get with the times!

Archived