OL numbers

bigbird

29 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No, i know many including you mostly know our numbers are low, and lack quality and I agree with that assessment. 

But it's the questioning a new staff just bc the numbers we are adding up through the TP are skewed for the D. And when you add in that our weakest area based on recent history and results is the OL and we don't see us getting them through the TP, it messes with the mind.

But since I don't have anything to compare it to with this new staff, and we don't have any inside scoop guiding us as to the 'WHY no OL', then I just tend to take a wait and see how it unfolds attitude.

I'm fine with everyone we've added on Defense, that's independent from OL. 

No one has labeled them as being a failure or ready to jump off a cliff.  But little to no traction or no interest in any player is a bit head scratching. That's it. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, DAG said:

I can’t believe comprehension is this hard 

You, Sir, are mistaking disbelief for lack of comprehension.  I fully comprehend the panic in some quarters, I simply do not believe that this staff will not be able to field a solid O-line in the 2022 season.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

When did availability become a fluke?

If equal effort to recruit DB's and O-line results in 5 DB's and 0 O-line, then that's a fluke.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I simply do not believe that this staff will not be able to field a solid O-line in the 2022 season.

With what? I'm not sure we can field a solid OL this season. I like the HS OL kids but none seem to be immediate starters. 

If its not an issue like you believe and we don't need the portal bc Gus left us in great shape... Who is in this solid OL next year?? 

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

With what? I'm not sure we can field a solid OL this season. I like the HS OL kids but none seem to be immediate starters. 

If its not an issue like you believe and we don't need the portal bc Gus left us in great shape... Who is in this solid OL next year?? 

First, this year (2021 season)~~ We have virtually all of last year's starters plus top reserves returning. That means the group has another year of experience under their belts. Last season we had five starters miss multiple games because of injury. That's not likely to happen again. So, there is good reason to expect much improved O-line play this season.

The 2022 season: Who knows? The transfer portal has changed the entire look of college football. If the musical chairs is permitted to continue we can have no idea who will be here, who will arrive and who will be gone.

Apparently the defensive backfield was a mess and the staff was able to bring in five or six transfers. There's no reason to think they can't do the same at other positions should the need arise.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There's no reason to think they can't do the same at other positions should the need arise.

Beating a dead horse here, but the need arose about 3 or 4 years ago. It is comforting to know we have more experience returning, until you watch how badly they performed against our rivals. Technique, effort, and football IQ are noticeably lacking.  This staff can improve effort and technique some, but until we close the talent gap with other top SEC schools we are at best 4th best team in the SEC West. 

247 now going all in that sources claim the staff is more than comfortable with the talent currently on the roster for the 21 season. 

So congrats @Mikey, Gus set us up on the OL

On 6/16/2021 at 12:26 PM, AUGoo said:

I think you got this wrong.  He was planning to turn the TE room into the OT room.  Why else would you have 7 TEs on a team that does not use TEs?

Anyone counted them on the OL list?

I think not!

Who am I to question his genius?

On 6/20/2021 at 10:15 AM, W.E.D said:

247 now going all in that sources claim the staff is more than comfortable with the talent currently on the roster for the 21 season. 

So congrats @Mikey, Gus set us up on the OL

I'd be shocked if they were actually "comfortable" as opposed to "willing to take their lumps".

Just now, McLoofus said:

I'd be shocked if they were actually "comfortable" as opposed to "willing to take their lumps".

Just passing along info.  I'm sure they aren't pleased with it.  Hopefully a few Srs stay a 6th year and we can add some portal kids this winter to fill holes or upgrade

AU fans: The coaching staff needs to be concerned with the OL. Surely there are people in the portal

person in the portal:

dbf3b95b26a8501aa7c612fc011f1bac_xl.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886uzi1mmghmhd4r0jfnx

2 hours ago, toddc said:

The concerns aren't really about this year's line. 

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

To be specific its Winter Park

If you are there you are winning in life

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Nah, he's in Orlando

Wait, I thought Oxymoron was that 7* OT bammer got, then processed?

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

We are in for the darkest stretch since the Barfield years.

Well that was quicker than expected. 

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

We are in for the darkest stretch since the Barfield years.

We were already there. Seriously, if you think anything coming up will be as bad as the last 7 years, then you weren't paying attention.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

We were already there. Seriously, if you think anything coming up will be as bad as the last 7 years, then you weren't paying attention.

Bookmarked!

Archived