Does UCF want to Play us?

aubiefifty

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Deer hunting, fishing, yard work.....it all thrived during the last decade. My fly casting and bow shooting really benefited from Gus’ tenure. And, my yard looks freakin’ awesome....

Stated before that I won “ yard of the month “ three months in row fall 2012. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DAG said:

I work in mental health and you sound like a complete dumbass. This is a football thread related to Gus, so of course we will speak about Gus. You need to stop talking out of your ass. 

When one's head is routinely buried up their butt, they have no other option than to talk out of it and spew crap

On 6/10/2021 at 10:09 AM, bigbird said:

No, I'm not. Dye was my first coach.

Thanks. I reckon we have some differences in perspective. I've been following AU since 1972, the  "Punt Bama, Punt!" game. The nine years that came after affect those that recall them.

9 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Thanks. I reckon we have some differences in perspective. I've been following AU since 1972, the  "Punt Bama, Punt!" game. The nine years that came after affect those that recall them.

Exactly. Where we came from provides context for where we are and where we're going. 

55 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Thanks. I reckon we have some differences in perspective. I've been following AU since 1972, the  "Punt Bama, Punt!" game. The nine years that came after affect those that recall them.

It was indeed awful. Had our moments with Brooks, Cribbs, and Andrews but can recall games when we had tons of trouble with things like the center/QB exchange. 

Knew we were in good hands in when Dye came to town. Harsin gives that same feel.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

It was indeed awful. Had our moments with Brooks, Cribbs, and Andrews but can recall games when we had tons of trouble with things like the center/QB exchange. 

Knew we were in good hands in when Dye came to town. Harsin gives that same feel.

Coach Dye was a breath of fresh air with Wally Butts and Bear Brant in his resume.

My take. If you think people are supposed to talk about our current team but refrain from ever talking about the former coach you are an idiot. We haven't even had one season go by yet.

If it really bothers some that much thencoming in the thread and adding to it surely doesn't help. If you really don't want to read it, you know what you can do? NOT READ IT!!!

The only reason people even feel they have the power to stop someone from talking is because they want to argue so a mod will come lock it. Just like they do a thread about Bo. If we really want to combat this, don't lock the thread.

If you click a thread about a team where the ex coach of your team currently coaches then get upset that you see that coaches name brought up I think you should get banned for crying about it.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, cole256 said:

My take. If you think people are supposed to talk about our current team but refrain from ever talking about the former coach you are an idiot. We haven't even had one season go by yet.

If it really bothers some that much thencoming in the thread and adding to it surely doesn't help. If you really don't want to read it, you know what you can do? NOT READ IT!!!

The only reason people even feel they have the power to stop someone from talking is because they want to argue so a mod will come lock it. Just like they do a thread about Bo. If we really want to combat this, don't lock the thread.

If you click a thread about a team where the ex coach of your team currently coaches then get upset that you see that coaches name brought up I think you should get banned for crying about it.

Just wait till they start doing the "Gus scoreboard" watch this fall. We will keep hearing about his wins and/or losses...and if he goes undefeated with UCF, or is it UFC, or is it FCU....then we will get a lot of gnashing of teeth on here. :laugh:

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Just wait till they start doing the "Gus scoreboard" watch this fall. We will keep hearing about his wins and/or losses...and if he goes undefeated with UCF, or is it UFC, or is it FCU....then we will get a lot of gnashing of teeth on here. :laugh:

Man can you imagine what's going to happen if he goes undefeated.....it will be hard to log on here!

16 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Do you think so? Why would any Auburn fan care, unless we draw them in a bowl game?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you think so? Why would any Auburn fan care, unless we draw them in a bowl game?

Because you have seen on this board there are different factions of Auburn fans that simply fall into that category. It usually is 'what is Alabama doing' posts from that faction, but now with Gus at another program, they will add 'What is Gus doing' posts. It's just naturally a way some react to either still hating Gus, or still liking Gus and wishing he hadn't left yet...

And if Gus does really well, just add in those media folks who think we should be ashamed for letting Gus go, with that price tag and his semi successful luck of beating NS.

Gus will probably do just like he did at his last two jobs and win early with a program that was in pretty good shape or had good talent. 

Fun fact: Of the 15 OLs on his roster, 13 of them are going into at least their 3rd year. 5 of them are listed as redshirt seniors. They're adding two freshman OTs to that group.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, DAG said:

Why not? I think neutral sites will be the new waves with all of these new stadiums around. Atlanta, Dallas for sure. Las Vegas would be great IMO.

It takes away the magic of CFB. It’s resembles a bland NFL game. Corporate CFB is awful. You really would rather play in the Benz than JHS? LOL

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

It takes away the magic of CFB. It’s resembles a bland NFL game. Corporate CFB is awful. You really would rather play in the Benz than JHS? LOL

Yes. Most people would. Probably why the CFB is trying to resemble NFL, including expanding playoffs with byes. Some of you guys kill me, lol.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. Most people would. Probably why the CFB is trying to resemble NFL, including expanding playoffs with byes. Some of you guys kill me, lol.

Jfc lmao

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Jfc lmao

College football is losing it's magic, yet CFB is heading the direction of the NFL in every which way. Clueless.

On 6/13/2021 at 2:22 PM, AUBourne said:

We helped build FSU. I see no reason to make the same mistake. 

When FSU was coming up under Bobby Bowden, they'd play pretty much anybody anywhere. The AU@FSU game from October 1984 was one of the most exasperating and exciting games that AU won on the road in my lifetime, 42-41. Back and forth and back and forth...

13 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

When FSU was coming up under Bobby Bowden, they'd play pretty much anybody anywhere. The AU@FSU game from October 1984 was one of the most exasperating and exciting games that AU won on the road in my lifetime, 42-41. Back and forth and back and forth...

I was there and my ass was dragging by the end of the game. Watch the kick off at the 1:12 mark you want believe what you see.

Also the second video is Collis Campbell one of the best backs that a lot of Auburn people have never heard of. I love watching him run big kid from Florence @cole256

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I was there and my ass was dragging by the end of the game. Watch the kick off at the 1:12 mark you want believe what you see.

Also the second video is Collis Campbell one of the best backs that a lot of Auburn people have never heard of. I love watching him run big kid from Florence @cole256

Man, I dunno if I could have taken being there. I was, if I recall correctly, reduced to listening to the radio broadcast and by the end of that I was pretty much spent.

I remember Campbell. That run against FSU? Did he not look kind of like Bo Jackson? Man...AU had some backs back in the day. Wow!

On 6/23/2021 at 7:08 AM, augolf1716 said:

Bo, Fullwood, Collis Campbell, and Tim Jessie all there in the same backfield. All good enough to be back #1 for an SEC team. Damn we were stacked at RB….

Collis Campbell....a name from the past. 

I am still kicking myself in the butt for not going:  I was living on a shoestring and worked 2 part time jobs that year.   The people inviting me had more money and I didn't want to spend more than I had.  I was lucky to just be in Auburn truth be told.  

I sat in Mag Dorm and listened on the radio.   I was getting tired from jumping off my bed so many times!  That is probably  the least appreciated game from the 80's.  

The pastor the next morning said he had 2 points to make that morning, but decided he should extend it to 42 points and hoped we were comfortable.  

Archived