Does UCF want to Play us?

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin, it populated the board since 2015. It's everywhere. Intentional blindness doesn't equate to being correct.

This guy always does this. Again, he was the same guy promoting that Gus wouldn’t get fired and then when he did got fired promoting how we could turn into Tennessee. I wouldn’t waste my time . This person can’t wait to say “we should’ve kept Gus.”

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s laughable 

Especially when he is already being compared to the likes of Dooley, Shula, et.al.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin, it populated the board since 2015. It's everywhere. Intentional blindness doesn't equate to being correct.

OK, So don't show me. How about this? Malzahn is fired and gone. Why not just get over it already? If you can't, you basically are providing prima facie evidence of obsession.

The past is the past. I'm a fan of AU football in the here and now, not former AU coaches. And it gets old having the Malzahn obsessed continually bring him into threads that are not about Malzahn. And it gets old having the obsessed ignore their obsession.

BTW, just out of curiosity, are you old enough to remember the end of the Jordan era, or the Barfield days?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

These are the same people blindly saying we should all accept mediocrity or else we possibly could turn into Tennessee. Accept a coach getting paid top tier money whom refused to adapt based on his ego. Now they are saying how we shouldn’t feel some type of way about how he left Auburn. That is a guy who you are saying is loyal to Auburn ? 

i never got that from him. i do get where if he disagrees with you guys you hammer him and hammer him and it is not a good look to me. lets not forget at one time we were all huge gus supporters. have i missed mikey showing his ass or hounding anyone? not to my knowledge. he just keeps posting his opinions like everyone else. and with my understanding of mikey from his posts he will pull for harsin just as hard because he loves auburn and is a loyal fan. bookmark this page and i mikey makes me out to be a liar then i will come on here and and eat all the crow you guys can muster.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

This guy always does this. 

Always is a strong word. I mostly don't mention Gus or even think about him. Why would I? He isn't the coach at AU. Me? I'm interested in what Harsin and his staff are going to do in seasons after  this one. Why after this one? Because with all the transfers and the way recruiting panned out this past year, Harsin (in my book) gets a pass this year. I hope for the best...but I don't expect it.

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Always is a strong word. I mostly don't mention Gus or even think about him. Why would I? He isn't the coach at AU. Me? I'm interested in what Harsin and his staff are going to do in seasons after  this one. Why after this one? Because with all the transfers and the way recruiting panned out this past year, Harsin (in my book) gets a pass this year. I hope for the best...but I don't expect it.

I believe it's called "a difference of opinion."  Some of us "Gus bussers" are old enough to remember losing to bama 9 years in a row and know that Malzahn has had more success against Saban than any other coach. And ya know, to get to the SEC Championship and have a shot at bigger things, you pretty much have to beat bama. Some of us think the anti-Gussers ought to be careful what they ask for because they just might get it. I don't know why the broken record ant-Gussers don't get that. 😛

This is your words during the heat of Gus end of his tenure. We know how you feel about him and always will feel about him. This is also a Gus thread . If you aren’t obsessed with him like you say then why did you even come in here to defend him ?

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never got that from him. i do get where if he disagrees with you guys you hammer him and hammer him and it is not a good look to me. lets not forget at one time we were all huge gus supporters. have i missed mikey showing his ass or hounding anyone? not to my knowledge. he just keeps posting his opinions like everyone else. and with my understanding of mikey from his posts he will pull for harsin just as hard because he loves auburn and is a loyal fan. bookmark this page and i mikey makes me out to be a liar then i will come on here and and eat all the crow you guys can muster.

At one time we were all huge Gus supporters and now we aren’t for good reason so why do people keep defending him. At one time I really loved my ex gf. I don’t anymore so , why would I feel the need to defend that person if somebody expresses a difference of opinion, especially if I am with a new woman. Don’t worry, this will be bookmarked. Haha

Also bookmark this, if CBH shows any type of deficiency, I am willing to bet you will see posted “we should’ve kept Gus if the offense was going to Look like this.”

I cannot imagine anyone saying we should have kept Gus.  That is just not our style as fans really.  Auburn people are practical people for the most part, and we might have some banter back and forth as we wait on the season to start but when the season starts we will all be pulling for our tigers and our new coach.  That does not mean we won't criticize our new staff, but criticizing our new staff does not equate to wishing the old coach was still here.  

Reading the board following the hire of Bryan Harsin, I got the feeling that a lot of folks were doing their best to find the bright side and not really being that forthcoming as far as their initial reaction. So in all honesty, here is the way I reacted when I first saw the news...

I've been pretty sick for a few weeks and running a temp off and on. When I saw the news my honest first thought was "Well, this can't be April Fools. It's the wrong month. So maybe it's a fevered dream."

That ought to just about sum up my feelings about the fancy shade of lipstick that's dressing up this pig. Welcome to Rocky Top on the Plains!

War Eagle

another quoted post from our good friend Cleo here back in December after the hiring of CBH. Calling us Tennessee. 

Did somebody say we shouldn't talk about Gus in a thread about him wanting to play us while we're still paying him to stay away from our program and while he's coaching at a far less talented and resourced program that actually beat him while he was coaching us? Is that what somebody said?

Just skimming the thread so I might not have interpreted that correctly. 

34 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

The past is the past

And you know what they say about those that choose to ignore it

34 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

BTW, just out of curiosity, are you old enough to remember the end of the Jordan era, or the Barfield days?

No, I'm not. Dye was my first coach.

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

DAG dropping truth bombs . 

I just think it’s funny that we have a guy saying we shouldn’t talk about Gus in a forum about Gus, yet this same guy dumped on the hire of CBH and even doubled down today in his comments say he does not expect the best. Sounds like he doesn’t support our coach , but was giddy about the opportunity of Gus facing us. It truly makes no sense, but in actuality it does. 

Mikey is saying all the right things RIGHT NOW.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just think it’s funny that we have a guy saying we shouldn’t talk about Gus in a forum about Gus, yet this same guy dumped on the hire of CBH and even doubled down today in his comments say he does not expect the best. Sounds like he doesn’t support our coach , but was giddy about the opportunity of Gus facing us. It truly makes no sense, but in actuality it does. 

Mikey is saying all the right things RIGHT NOW.

Agreed . It will take a long time to get over the past 8 years with malzahn . For Cleo and everyone else who was happy with Gus doing less with more probably needs to steer clear of this thread.

We should expect the best immediately. This is AU , not UCF . 

Another point...

We, that are/were critical of Gus are asked to stop talking about Gus and focus on the program today. The only problem is, when discussing today's program and it's status/standing you discover a tremendous amount of deficiencies.  So, taking a cause/effect approach to understand why we are where we are and what actually caused the program spanning deficits, we are asked not to discuss the person primarily responsible. How is that remotely logical? It's not. It's a purely emotional response to the situation. 

In order to fix the program and heal the fans' anger and apathy created by Gus' consistent mediocrity, we need to understand or at least acknowledge the issues and the rationale behind the failing.  To dismiss it as, well he's not here anymore, is a losing mentality and increases the time spent on him.  If the defenders want to move on quickly, then they need to be able to acknowledge, discuss, and learn from his failed tenure. That will take them admitting they were wrong and that's why it's still being defended.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Why would you bring them up? They don't coach here anymore. 

46 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I cannot imagine anyone saying we should have kept Gus.  That is just not our style as fans really.  Auburn people are practical people for the most part, and we might have some banter back and forth as we wait on the season to start but when the season starts we will all be pulling for our tigers and our new coach.  That does not mean we won't criticize our new staff, but criticizing our new staff does not equate to wishing the old coach was still here.  

You can’t imagine that? People were saying we might as well keep Gus when MC loss to Oregon state  or when P.J. Fleck started 0-2. It is well documented. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why would you bring them up? They don't coach here anymore. 

Stop living in the past!

I have a unique idea on whether we should play UCF as suggested. If Gus wasn't there would it be a good idea. If so do it if not don't. 

This shouldn't be a conversation about Gus. He was our coach for many years. He was a good man who loved Auburn, ran a clean program initially had some success but as time went on we became mediocre. He was let go because he had to many years where we were not in contention which is a goal we have set at Auburn.

Does a UCF game bring us more exposure, does it bring us more revenue, does a win help our chances of getting invited to the championship series.

Gus has treated Auburn fairly in he still says nice things about Auburn and Auburn treated Gus fairly they kept him enough years to allow him to prove himself when he didn't we gave him a very generous contractually approved buyout.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This shouldn't be a conversation about Gus

The only reason this is even an idea or a thought is because Gus is the HC. Let’s be real for a second. 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He was a good man who loved Auburn, ran a clean program

100% agree. Gus is a very good man and a good ambassador for Auburn.  I wish him success.  However, that doesn't mitigate his performance as a coach or how he left the program. 

Playing UCF w/o Gus would be a fun match up and give us a chance for payback. Gus is at UCF.

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have a unique idea on whether we should play UCF as suggested. If Gus wasn't there would it be a good idea. If so do it if not don't. 

Pretty sure that's been said several times already.

This shouldn't be a conversation about Gus.

You sure?

He was our coach for many years. He was a good man who loved Auburn, ran a clean program initially had some success but as time went on we became mediocre. He was let go because he had to many years where we were not in contention which is a goal we have set at Auburn.

Does a UCF game bring us more exposure, does it bring us more revenue, does a win help our chances of getting invited to the championship series.

Gus has treated Auburn fairly in he still says nice things about Auburn and Auburn treated Gus fairly they kept him enough years to allow him to prove himself when he didn't we gave him a very generous contractually approved buyout.

It seems you have a lot to say about Gus, actually. 

Guys! The recruits are gonna get on this board and see us trashing Gus and not commit.  Hope on the Bus and buckle up!

Archived