Does UCF want to Play us?

aubiefifty

it appears gus wants a two for one with auburn. this came from a ucf cat. it could be rumor but what an awesome topic for discussion. WHY? revenge? it could be nothing bad but why you were let go why would you want to come back? and this quick.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's building a program, AU could use the two-fer revenue against an opponent that won't be a creampuff, but isn't UGA/LSU/UF caliber either. Good for AU recruiting in that part of FL. Lots of storylines to keep both programs in the press' eye leading up to it. I sort of cautiously like it. 

Taken with a grain of salt but hard no. He already got enough benefits from Auburn. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Taken with a grain of salt but hard no. He already got enough benefits from Auburn. 

Lol . This . Would rather play Ohio st , Clemson , Baylor, etc . UCF is of no interest to AU 

Sounds good to me. I think some folks might be afraid that AU might lose to UCF and their "bad coach" who can't coach. LoL's! Other than that, I can't think of any real reason to not do a two-fer. Our players would get a nice trip to the Orlando area out of the deal. Stay an extra day and let 'em have some fun!

As far as why? I don't see Malzahn seeking revenge. I think he would just like to get UCF a game against an SEC team to help raise the program's profile, so why not AU?

(Edited to just "stay a day late."  Getting there early would be useless. But an extra day? Sure. Why not. And if our Tigers need it, I'm sure UCF would oblige our trainers for any of our players needing treatment the day after a game. Also added the "why?")

20 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Lol . This . Would rather play Ohio st , Clemson , Baylor, etc . UCF is of no interest to AU 

I would love to play tOSU or even someone like Texas at Jerry World or Atlanta. I wish we could play a west coast team at Vegas 

Nah, leave the 2-1 deals with American Conference teams to the likes of Ole Miss and Kentucky. No reason Auburn should be going to the home stadium of a lower division team. 

Uhh no, it's a goofy idea. Why in the world would we want to do that ? AU is already "helping him out" to the tune of $20 million left on his buyout. I am more concerned with helping out Coach Harsin get his feet wet and getting off to a good start before he has to deal with this kind of silliness.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Nah, leave the 2-1 deals with American Conference teams to the likes of Ole Miss and Kentucky. No reason Auburn should be going to the home stadium of a lower division team. 

Lower division? UCF is D-1 FBS just like the SEC. And ya know, this season AU has games against Alabama State and Akron. I concede that those aren't two-fer deals, but "lower division"? ASU is. Akron may as well be. Anyway, I think our players might enjoy the trip. But this deal is very unlikely to happen, and with schedules being set often years in advance, it likely wouldn't be anytime soon even if it did.

58 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it appears gus wants a two for one with auburn. this came from a ucf cat. it could be rumor but what an awesome topic for discussion. WHY? revenge? it could be nothing bad but why you were let go why would you want to come back? and this quick.

Wait, is @Zeek trying to broker a deal here? 

Sounds to me like we got some cautious fans not wanting to play ole Gus! (JK)

I dont care one way or the other who we play TBH. 

Better idea would be for Gus to get a 2-1 vs Bama and/or Clemson.  AU already plays a ridiculously difficult schedule every year. 

41 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Sounds good to me. I think some folks might be afraid that AU might lose to UCF and their "bad coach" who can't coach. LoL's! Other than that, I can't think of any real reason to not do a two-fer. Our players would get a nice trip to the Orlando area out of the deal. Stay an extra day and let 'em have some fun!

As far as why? I don't see Malzahn seeking revenge. I think he would just like to get UCF a game against an SEC team to help raise the program's profile, so why not AU?

(Edited to just "stay a day late."  Getting there early would be useless. But an extra day? Sure. Why not. And if our Tigers need it, I'm sure UCF would oblige our trainers for any of our players needing treatment the day after a game. Also added the "why?")

Totally disagree. We would play a team that has nothing to lose and everything to gain. And they are not in our state. If we're gonna do that, let's play Troy or JSU or South Alabama. Now, if Gus wanted to refund some of that cash....🤔

7 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Totally disagree. We would play a team that has nothing to lose and everything to gain. And they are not in our state. If we're gonna do that, let's play Troy or JSU or South Alabama. Now, if Gus wanted to refund some of that cash....🤔

Lol that was my first thought. If Gus wants to forgive that second half of that buyout in exchange for us taking him up then I'm down

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Lol that was my first thought. If Gus wants to forgive that second half of that buyout in exchange for us taking him up then I'm down

Yeah let’s have a put up or shut up game . Put your money where your mouth is lol.

I am down for that. 

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Expose them to what?

Expose them to how idiotic they sound. 

As long as we do not have to play him this coming season then I dont really care. Im telling you now - hes going to make some noise with that team and all the transfers this season. By season 4 or 5 the dust will settle and its a better win than Akron. $^*& no to playing at their stadium. Nice place, but a team that wants to run with the big dogs does not travel to a non-power 5 stadium. 

I have been waiting for years to not have to watch that man on our sidelines and in press conferences, a hard no.  Now pictures of him golfing at a charity event in Auburn, sure.

As has been said, it's a no-win solution for Auburn. It's be a bad decision to play UCF. Gus would treat it just like he did the Arky game. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Wait, is @Zeek trying to broker a deal here? 

Nope lol. Would love to see UCF in a P5 conference though. They'd be a beast with those resources. 

Archived