USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

Mexico is not good at keeper trying to move on from Ochoa. 

And just like that Jamaica leads. Oof. 

Oop nevermind overturned on VAR. 

Game Time!  Please win US and look good doing it. 

I was 5 mins late getting on and Puli already had a goal!!! 1-0 USA

US wins 2-0. Could have/ should have been at least 4-0 but we couldn't get the balls in the net.  Pepi with 3 or 4 chances.  Puli was everywhere.  Best on the pitch by far. 

After Panama Uruguay I feel better about Uruguay and a little more nervous about Panama lol. Was a closer game than 3-1 indicates.  

• Like 1

We need to tighten up the passing on our back line because last night was not good. Particularly Richards. We can get away with giveaways like that against Bolivia but Uruguay or Panama will punish us harshly for being that loose with possession. 

• Like 1

Mexico is losing to Venezuela. That’s the post. 

What an incredible game. Unless you’re a Mexico fan. Eff the FMF. 

jajajajajajaja

Rondon was the only creative player on the field tonight. He was enough. 

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

What an incredible game. Unless you’re a Mexico fan. Eff the FMF. 

Only way for Mexico to advance is to win the last game right?

53 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Only way for Mexico to advance is to win the last game right?

Yes they have to beat Ecuador, who were the consensus favorite coming into the tournament. 

US can never do anything easy can they? To guarantee an advance out of group, now must win against group leading Uruguay. Must at least get a tie, but will require a Panama loss against the worst in group Bolivia. 

GGG should never have been rehired.  I don’t even blame GGG.  He was offered the job and said yes.  This is a failure of the admin of US soccer.  These young players - who deserve crap tons of blame themselves for the way they play/train - went to bat publicly for GGG.  Ultimately US soccer should be cleansed of the homers making awful decisions.

my vote is GGG should be fired the hour we are out of this tournament and we should look heavily at a CONMEBOL coach.  Someone who’s tactics can compete with Europe but understands what it takes to beat primarily central but also South American teams.  I’m not sure European coaches understand what it takes to play in Costa Rica or the Aztecs, etc…  but we can’t hire another US has been.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

GGG should never have been rehired.  I don’t even blame GGG.  He was offered the job and said yes.  This is a failure of the admin of US soccer.  These young players - who deserve crap tons of blame themselves for the way they play/train - went to bat publicly for GGG.  Ultimately US soccer should be cleansed of the homers making awful decisions.

my vote is GGG should be fired the hour we are out of this tournament and we should look heavily at a CONMEBOL coach.  Someone who’s tactics can compete with Europe but understands what it takes to beat primarily central but also South American teams.  I’m not sure European coaches understand what it takes to play in Costa Rica or the Aztecs, etc…  but we can’t hire another US has been.

Gregg is coaching for his job Monday. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AUDub said:

Gregg is coaching for his job Monday. 

We could win that game by 10 and I still think he should be fired.  I wanted him fired before the World Cup.  I think he did good things early getting the guys to play for each other but that positive dissipated quickly

Uruguay will be without their head coach tonight as punishment for causing delay in 2nd half of last match.  I'll take whatever advantage tonight, however small lol

58 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Uruguay will be without their head coach tonight as punishment for causing delay in 2nd half of last match.  I'll take whatever advantage tonight, however small lol

They might rest there starters since they've already advanced

12 hours ago, arein0 said:

The ending to the Mexico game was wild. Bye Mexico!

I’ll wait until tonight before I s*** talk L Tri lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

They might rest there starters since they've already advanced

They’ve said they don’t plan to do that. 

54 minutes ago, AUDub said:

They’ve said they don’t plan to do that. 

A chance to knock out an underperforming US? I would play them too.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

A chance to knock out an underperforming US? I would play them too.

It doesn't matter to them. The only way they would play us again is in the Finals. If their goal is to win the whole thing, they should rest their stars and give the bench players playing time