players rookie cards

aubiefifty

seth,kj, and schwartz all have rookie cards and auto rookie cards as well. i found them on ebay. it is a fun hobby to collect with your kids and relatively cheap until you want a trevor l rookie and then you best take out a loan.

williams auto's are a little higher than i expected. this tells me folks think he is gonna special down the road.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

seth,kj, and schwartz all have rookie cards and auto rookie cards as well. i found them on ebay. it is a fun hobby to collect with your kids and relatively cheap until you want a trevor l rookie and then you best take out a loan.

On the basketball side, I got Okoro and Okeke's auto cards (PSA graded).

how did you get your stuff graded so quick? psa has an almost year waiting list according to a card club on facebook.

• WarTiger changed the title to players rookie cards
1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

how did you get your stuff graded so quick? psa has an almost year waiting list according to a card club on facebook.

I have so many things graded/authenticated by them I have priority.  I am mostly into signed photos

i won seth for nine bucks. his stuff is way higher than many receivers go from auburn in sports cards. i think he must have had a great camp or they think they can coach him up. next year i hope worms rockie has the pick of him removing that bama players helmet when he ran over him.i got lucky with chris davis as his rookie had a pic of his kick six. i have collected auburn stuff for a while. i have a piece of the old legion field turf from when bo went over the top. i wanted an auto ugly tie from coach dye when we tied meatchicken. my favorite is still my old mans pic in a frosh auburn jersey which is also my avie.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i won seth for nine bucks. his stuff is way higher than many receivers go from auburn in sports cards. i think he must have had a great camp or they think they can coach him up. next year i hope worms rockie has the pick of him removing that bama players helmet when he ran over him.i got lucky with chris davis as his rookie had a pic of his kick six. i have collected auburn stuff for a while. i have a piece of the old legion field turf from when bo went over the top. i wanted an auto ugly tie from coach dye when we tied meatchicken. my favorite is still my old mans pic in a frosh auburn jersey which is also my avie.

I would try to land an auto card by Prizm or Panini when they first come out if you can.  That is where the money is if a player becomes elite in the NFL.

On 5/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, aubiefifty said:

We tied Syracuse, not Meatchicken.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:25 AM, boisnumber1 said:

We tied Syracuse, not Meatchicken.

yeah i screwed up. well i still wanted a tie and i am sure you figured it out. i also wish i had some of that funny money they threw at cam.

yeah i screwed up. well i still wanted a tie and i am sure you figured it out. i also wish i had some of that funny money they threw at cam.

Lol how could you forget that Dick MacPherson (aptly named I might add) whining and crying? Anyway, still one of my fave Pat Dye moments.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, aubiefifty said:

Sounds like a fun hobby.

23 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Lol how could you forget that Dick MacPherson (aptly named I might add) whining and crying? Anyway, still one of my fave Pat Dye moments.

well to be honest i am having some really scary issues with my memory. i remember the coach whining and crying and dye said his boys played too hard to lose. my fear is it is early alz or something. it seems to be getting worse. maybe it is normal because i have never been old before.

18 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sounds like a fun hobby.

if you get the auto's out of the pack they are legit and most are around five to ten bucks. our two basketball studs that went one and done are thirty up with auto. but it is fun and if ya got kids or grand  kids it is a fun hobby to get into. i started out on mantle and when bo's card came around i was hooked.

well to be honest i am having some really scary issues with my memory. i remember the coach whining and crying and dye said his boys played too hard to lose. my fear is it is early alz or something. it seems to be getting worse. maybe it is normal because i have never been old before.

Prayers for you, brother

@aubiefifty: Received these back today.  Part of my investment portfolio is in collectibles which is how I justified getting these.  I believe these two will continue to succeed in the NBA to where if I ever needed to sell them I would be profitable.

14B905E5-5899-465D-83AB-6ACE137AB497.jpeg

On 5/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, abw0004 said:

@aubiefifty: Received these back today.  Part of my investment portfolio is in collectibles which is how I justified getting these.  I believe these two will continue to succeed in the NBA to where if I ever needed to sell them I would be profitable.

14B905E5-5899-465D-83AB-6ACE137AB497.jpeg

how much you have invested? i bet close to four with the grading. i got  an iggie from our secondary who went in the first. i got james bostic, kj britt, and seth. they have an auto from the pack for tony richardson for around six bucks. i got bostic for four bucks and shipping. man i wish i had kid to leave these to. i will probably leave them to best auburn man i know. i got the three auto heisman cards. i got sully and beasely auto{ not confirmed yet as legit| where both signed that famous pic of them sitting on the back of the benches. my mom found that one for a quarter at goodwill.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

how much you have invested? i bet close to four with the grading. i got  an iggie from our secondary who went in the first. i got james bostic, kj britt, and seth. they have an auto from the pack for tony richardson for around six bucks. i got bostic for four bucks and shipping. man i wish i had kid to leave these to. i will probably leave them to best auburn man i know. i got the three auto heisman cards. i got sully and beasely auto{ not confirmed yet as legit| where both signed that famous pic of them sitting on the back of the benches. my mom found that one for a quarter at goodwill.

Just these two cards?  $200

15 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Just these two cards?  $200

i bought the other one so both our first rounders.in my cards of shame i bought chuck persons auto great card to go with my oj simpson. my prize tho is a 55 matle dairy queen statue of mickey bunting. they are extremely rare. i got the mantle baseball bucks too and it is close to mint. it might be off centered. heck i have an auto jared harper card. i have a charles barkley picture i gave thirtyfive dollars for. it has the offical seal on it saying it is legit but it has a white frame and so he marked it way down. rumor in the halls is golf collects pokie mon cards.............

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

rumor in the halls is golf collects pokie mon cards.............

Well... to be honest I have a first edition stamped Pokémon collection worth about $60,000 now, and that is low-balling it.  Flipping and dealing those cards helped pay for my college at Auburn actually.  Paid a total of $2,000 for it in 2014 so they are by far the biggest return on investment I have currently.  So much so, I have an insurance policy on them and a dedicated safe.  

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Well... to be honest I have a first edition stamped Pokémon collection worth about $60,000 now, and that is low-balling it.  Flipping and dealing those cards helped pay for my college at Auburn actually.  Paid a total of $2,000 for it in 2014 so they are by far the biggest return on investment I have currently.  So much so, I have an insurance policy on them and a dedicated safe.  

yes i knew that. well not your particular collection ut a story cameout about three days ago about folks rushing walmart stores to grab the pokeman cards and they were gonna remove them or something because the shoppers were really misbehaving. i knew the cards were worth something i was just not sure how much. my intent was to get golf going and not bash pokemon so apologies. what is your favorite card or autographed picture is your favorite? i have the auto pic of barkley but for some reason i still wish i had an autographed card of his straight from the pack to know it is legit. i tried to get obamas sig and he sent me a pic but the sig was a copy. i wrote the whitehouse asking for trumps sig and never heard from them. got any cobbs or ruths? anyway sorry to be nosy but no one to talk card with around here. regardless thanks for sharing.

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i knew that. well not your particular collection ut a story cameout about three days ago about folks rushing walmart stores to grab the pokeman cards and they were gonna remove them or something because the shoppers were really misbehaving. i knew the cards were worth something i was just not sure how much. my intent was to get golf going and not bash pokemon so apologies. what is your favorite card or autographed picture is your favorite? i have the auto pic of barkley but for some reason i still wish i had an autographed card of his straight from the pack to know it is legit. i tried to get obamas sig and he sent me a pic but the sig was a copy. i wrote the whitehouse asking for trumps sig and never heard from them. got any cobbs or ruths? anyway sorry to be nosy but no one to talk card with around here. regardless thanks for sharing.

No offense taken at all.  Well, my most valuable card is the first edition Charizard.  But my favorite in my collection is a signed Steve Carrell photo from The Office.  I also have Auburn cards of Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown which I love.  

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

No offense taken at all.  Well, my most valuable card is the first edition Charizard.  But my favorite in my collection is a signed Steve Carrell photo from The Office.  I also have Auburn cards of Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown which I love.  

my surprise card is lil train james. i was shocked but i bought it right then. next year i hope worms rookie card his his knocking the hell outta that bama boy. i might buy an eight by ten for that. that kid that was run over was a grown man who is well respected for his physical play and worm runs him over like he almost isn't there. that is badass.

Archived