Anthony Schwartz to the Browns

Zeek

On 5/1/2021 at 10:39 AM, Zeek said:

Yup,  coaches also like his ability to go outside when needed too. Baker's deep ball isn't wildly accurate but I think the NFL will use Schwartz a lot better than we did.

"....I think the NFL will use Schwartz a lot better than we did"

You set a pretty low bar.

• Haha 1

I'd rather him had went to the chargers, titans, chiefs, or even the Patriots, or cardinals

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'd rather him had went to the chargers, titans, chiefs, or even the Patriots, or cardinals

Or packers

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Or packers

I started to put them in but not knowing the QB I held off

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I started to put them in but not knowing the QB I held off

Yeah, it only holds true if AR stays

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, it only holds true if AR stays

Stafford at the Rams may really need a deep threat now. I'm not super familiar with the Rams wr group but I know Matt has that arm and likes to use it

On 5/8/2021 at 11:41 AM, cole256 said:

Patriots make no sense. They are in an awful position and haven't drafted a good WR in a decade 

Edited by W.E.D

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Patriots make no sense. They are in an awful position and haven't drafted a good WR in a decade 

They make all the sense, they don't have an explosion wr on the roster. That makes him a premium without any competition

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They make all the sense, they don't have an explosion wr on the roster. That makes him a premium without any competition

They don't have a QB. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

They don't have a QB. 

To judge cam strictly from last year would be super dumb. But anyway it goes it's about what you bring to a team and in any type of business if you have a skill set without competition your value is higher

Just now, cole256 said:

To judge cam strictly from last year would be super dumb. But anyway it goes it's about what you bring to a team and in any type of business if you have a skill set without competition your value is higher

It's been a steady decline. It's nit just last year. He's broken and getting older

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's been a steady decline. It's nit just last year. He's broken and getting older

I don't agree at all. He's not broken but yes you got me everybody is going older...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's not broken. If you saw his games with NE you could tell the offense tried to run him more bc he WAS healthy. He looked pretty good for someone who basically sat out the year before bc of foot and shoulder injuries. 

He was inconsistent, but he did throw up some pretty strong passing games. almost 400 against Seattle, 300, 275 against the jets, 365 against Texans. 12 TDS rushing is not a broken QB.

He needs a good TE to throw to, which NE didn't have. He needs a better WR core which NE didn't have. 

OFc he may never be that guy the year he took them to the SB, but he can be a starter again.

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

They don't have a QB. 

Cam’s not done yet and he came in late without time to learn the offense and players.

Just now, steeleagle said:

He's not broken. If you saw his games with NE you could tell the offense tried to run him more bc he WAS healthy. He looked pretty good for someone who basically sat out the year before bc of foot and shoulder injuries. 

He was inconsistent, but he did throw up some pretty strong passing games. almost 400 against Seattle, 300, 275 against the jets, 365 against Texans. 12 TDS rushing is not a broken QB.

He needs a good TE to throw to, which NE didn't have. He needs a better WR core which NE didn't have. 

OFc he may never be that guy the year he took them to the SB, but he can be a starter again.

When he was healthy at Carolina he was playing excellent. He got hurt and like a competitor played anyway but of course with cam it's going to be held against him.....but anyway he comes to the Patriots no off season, no weapons, and defensive leaders sat out.......after all of that STILLleads teams to some good wins. Catches freaking covid still rushes back and by then that's when you saw he wasn't in sync anymore.

People should At least allow this man to get a chance to learn one of the most complicated offenses. And I didn't even talk about the mental obstacles of replacing a legend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

He had his lowest QBR in his career. 8/10 td/int. He's on the wrong side of age. 

He was elite with Carolina. He's just on the downside of his career. They literally traded up to get a new QB. 

It OK to love Cam, recognize how great he was with Auburn and with the Panthers, but see he's declining 

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Cam’s not done yet and he came in late without time to learn the offense and players.

Cmon man he signed in June of last year

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

With Covid affecting everything about learning the offense and practices. You really think someone, especially the qb, can come in and learn that system in about 2.5 months. Cmon man!

Edited by toddc

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

With Covid affecting everything about learning the offense and practices. You really think someone, especially the qb can come in and learn that system in about 2.5 months. Cmon man!

Rookies put up better numbers than Cam. Quit making excuses. 

Brand new to the league and they did fine. Herbert's stats adn Burrows (in 2/3rds of the games) destroy Cam's. 

They were rookies and had the same issues with covid and lack of camps.

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And he came over in a Covid year, and actually got Covid, so it had to have slowed his practice time down, as well as limit syncing with the WRs and the new offense he had to get used to after 10 years at CArolina.

I laugh, you think I love Cam, but I don't. I just see it as I see it. Yes he is frustrating and his Passer ratings are never going to be good most of the time. And he is not going to be as good consistently as he was in his late 20's. CAm will turn 32 But he still has 2-3 years left that he can win and provide a team with success.

There is NOT a magical cliff age where QBs are broken and over the hill. If that was the case, then QBs like Brees, Ben, Brady and others would have hung it by the time they got to 35. If they take care of themselves, and are with a good team around them then they can still win consistently.

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And he came over in a Covid year, and actually got Covid, so it had to have slowed his practice time down, as well as limit syncing with the WRs and the new offense he had to get used to after 10 years at CArolina.

I laugh, you think I love Cam, but I don't. I just see it as I see it. Yes he is frustrating and his Passer ratings are never going to be good most of the time. And he is not going to be as good consistently as he was in his late 20's. CAm will turn 32 But he still has 2-3 years left that he can win and provide a team with success.

There is NOT a magical cliff age where QBs are broken and over the hill. If that was the case, then QBs like Brees, Ben, Brady and others would have hung it by the time they got to 35. If they take care of themselves, and are with a good team around them then they can still win consistently.

He's a different QB than some of the ones you listed. He has to use he body and athleticism to be successful. 

You might not love Cam, but I do. I think he can be OK, but 2600 yds Ina. Full season is pretty awful. That's less than 200 yards a game. As I pointed out, rookies were better and faced similar obstacles. 

I do t think he's done, but he isn't a place I'd want a budding WR to go to

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

His health you could argue has been a steady decline. He showed his best passing in 17 and that first half of 18. Dude just killed him self with playing through some of the things he did from 2014 on 

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Brand new to the league and they did fine. Herbert's stats adn Burrows (in 2/3rds of the games) destroy Cam's. 

Neither of them had COVID and both had better and more QB friendly passing offenses. There’s no way you considered that similar circumstances lol 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Herbert has one of the best wr's in the league and Burroughs has good wr's too. On top of Herbert sat......it could just be the Patriots don't have wr's.....so if you go back to the original point makes it a good landing spot. Not too different than slayton when he went to the Giants

I wasn't aware that those guys tested positive for covid.....are you sure?

Edited by cole256