Anthony Schwartz to the Browns

Zeek

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Neither of them had COVID and both had better and more QB friendly passing offenses. There’s no way you considered that similar circumstances lol 

It's so funny. Basically all you have to do is take any QB that was playing the best they have played and when they get hurt put them on a team with out any wr 's then say they aren't good anymore

Basically pull a packers. Then if you want to see what happens when you have weapons? Look at Brady or actually look at Tanerhill.

I guess cam was supposed to throw the ball then run downfield and catch it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's so funny. Basically all you have to do is take any QB that was playing the best they have played and when they get hurt put them on a team with out any wr 's then say they aren't good anymore

Basically pull a packers. Then if you want to see what happens when you have weapons? Look at Brady or actually look at Tanerhill.

And he forgets, that NE was a shell of itself from the year before. They had 8 players opt out of playing including some OL and RBs. They were decimated at WR and TE, and Cam had very little time bc of Covid and with new WRs very little experience outside of Edelman who played hurt all year and eventually didn't come back after week 7. 

Cam is never going to look pretty throwing the ball, but he still can QB a team successfully at age 31-32...

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His health you could argue has been a steady decline. He showed his best passing in 17 and that first half of 18. Dude just killed him self with playing through some of the things he did from 2014 on 

Yeah I 100% agree. Dude put himself on the line and injuries piled up

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Neither of them had COVID and both had better and more QB friendly passing offenses. There’s no way you considered that similar circumstances lol 

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Herbert has one of the best wr's in the league and Burroughs has good wr's too. On top of Herbert sat......it could just be the Patriots don't have wr's.....so if you go back to the original point makes it a good landing spot. Not too different than slayton when he went to the Giants

I wasn't aware that those guys tested positive for covid.....are you sure?

He tested positive in freaking October. Well past the star of the season. That didn't limit his time learning anything. 

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He tested positive in freaking October. Well past the star of the season. That didn't limit his time learning anything. 

Maybe you should just read up and then see if you still want to hold the same position. But I wasn't saying that in regards of limiting his time I was pointing out it's covid common sense would tell you that would be hard on you but if nothing else even more time not being able to rep with guys who don't have any idea on how to be a number 1 wr in the NFL.

But him and others literally said how the Patriots offense is much more complex and don't use the same verbiage all the other teams use. And the offense stacks from weekv to week. To say something like catching covid and not having any personnel is excuses you just want to believe that

35 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And he forgets, that NE was a shell of itself from the year before. They had 8 players opt out of playing including some OL and RBs. They were decimated at WR and TE, and Cam had very little time bc of Covid and with new WRs very little experience outside of Edelman who played hurt all year and eventually didn't come back after week 7. 

Cam is never going to look pretty throwing the ball, but he still can QB a team successfully at age 31-32...

Cams number 1 wr was a qb

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Maybe you should just read up and then see if you still want to hold the same position. But I wasn't saying that in regards of limiting his time I was pointing out it's covid common sense would tell you that would be hard on you but if nothing else even more time not being able to rep with guys who don't have any idea on how to be a number 1 wr in the NFL.

But him and others literally said how the Patriots offense is much more complex and don't use the same verbiage all the other teams use. And the offense stacks from weekv to week. To say something like catching covid and not having any personnel is excuses you just want to believe that

Honesty that's equally on the coaches as Gus's s*** offense is on him

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He’s not the pinnacle of pinpoint passing, but the man was making washed Edelman and N’keal Harry look..solid before the cov just fried his ability to throw deep. We’ve seen so many athletes in similar situations, with needing to wind back up. Nunn, Tatum, Seth Curry...it’s a lot man 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He’s not the pinnacle of pinpoint passing, but the man was making washed Edelman and N’keal Harry look..solid before the cov just fried his ability to throw deep. We’ve seen so many athletes in similar situations, with needing to wind back up. Nunn, Tatum, Seth Curry...it’s a lot man 

I mean really Edelman only played like 3 games.....he really didn't have any weapons. I don't think there's a QB on earth that could have did anything with that team

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Honesty that's equally on the coaches as Gus's s*** offense is on him

I really don't even talk about the offense too much, he didn't have ANYBODY. And one thing cam does have that people don't talk about, he throws great deep balls. Can you imagine playing and the thing you do well you can't even do? You can't even attempt it. 

Also if you want to know the hardest ball to play? It's that situation, everybody knows you can't take the top off. You're pretty much going against redzone defense the entire game.   It would take you to really care about cam but there are so many people who don't know the details of the game that don't realize what cam really went through. They still don't have any wr's it's a shame how they passed on dk Metcalf but I'd bet a year's salary cam is going to be night and day better this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I mean...those issues aren’t mutually exclusive lol 

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean really Edelman only played like 3 games.....he really didn't have any weapons. I don't think there's a QB on earth that could have did anything with that team

I would ask why they put Cam through extra pounding using him how they did, but man...I think Michel had personal issues plus injuries. Burkhead looked okay running, but most times you’d see why he was barely in the league still. James White was also iffy. Whole OL went through Covid and reshuffling. 
Cam was the center piece of the running game as a 30 year old battling this respiratory thing. That’s not good! 

McDaniels is also grossly overrated imo 

I think the version of Cam from those first 4 games and the last handful looks like a top ~17ish QB. His deep ball doesn’t have much range or velocity anymore due to the shoulder, but it’s more than functional range. He really just has to speed up his mental clock, that was the big thing that showed up to me healthy or not. And that might just be due to his system familiarity, who knows 

I love how AS talks about to want to develop more on his craft. The reporter also discusses how he was willing blocker at Auburn and him doing "the team things" was noticeable. This is how you make yourself marketable. 

• Like 3

I'll be glad when our wr's winningness to block isn't a factor into them being drafted 😂 That's a very Auburn like mentality that some are easily duped into

Don’t fall for the BS. Nothing wrong with the quote . Nothing wrong with what AS said in the video highlighting blocking. . Don’t waste time arguing about Things that don’t matter. If anyone wants to talk about AS, let’s keep it going.

Edited by DAG

Really don't fall for the b.s.. The most important thing he said was learning and running all the routes of the route tree. Not a gadget player. Stupid people will try to make what he said about blocking or that's what the Browns want from him. Or better yet take something said and try to make it mean something it did entirely.

Yes if you're out there try to be the best in all phases of everything you do. But you want to excel at the most important things.

No different than a pass rush guy needs to be able to play the run as well.....but you better be able to generate a pressure in pass rush situations. Or a corner being able to cover as opposed to tackle and so on and so forth. ...but when you never played it's easy to get caught up in non essential statements and make them a big deal

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Really don't fall for the b.s.. The most important thing he said was learning and running all the routes of the route tree. Not a gadget player. Stupid people will try to make what he said about blocking or that's what the Browns want from him. Or better yet take something said and try to make it mean something it did entirely.

Yes if you're out there try to be the best in all phases of everything you do. But you want to excel at the most important things.

No different than a pass rush guy needs to be able to play the run as well.....but you better be able to generate a pressure in pass rush situations. Or a corner being able to cover as opposed to tackle and so on and so forth. ...but when you never played it's easy to get caught up in non essential statements and make them a big deal

I know my wife wishes I could have played at whatever level they teach you not to get caught up in non-essential statements. Probably would have made our 45 year marriage much easier.

ebay has his auto rookie cards already.

They said AS had a few problems with drops his first day of rookie camp. Being super fast will buy you a little time but that's one of your essential roles.....you have to be able to catch the ball

• Like 2

This one isn’t Gus’s fault! 😝 

• 3 months later...