scrimmage reveals ‘plenty’ to work on

aubiefifty

Yeah, in HS I had one of those tough "little guys" get the crown of his helmet under my face mask and open up a nice gash on my chin.     I get to shave around the scar every day as a reminder!     

P.S. I got a longer face mask after that.    And kept my stupid chin tucked.

17 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

I get to shave around the scar every day as a reminder!  

You shave?  I figured you just put some milk on your face and let the cat lick it off 🤣

8 hours ago, auburn41 said:

You shave?  I figured you just put some milk on your face and let the cat lick it off 🤣

41 is that the best you can do come man you're starting to sound like bird.............god knows we don't need that

Interesting to read all the philosophical posts at being told there were problems during an open practice, vs outrage the last 2 years at being told a closed practice went well. It's actually brilliant by Harsin who can say "see?" Whereas Malzahn had to 'splain how on earth an 18 yo can do well in practice but not on natl TV. Gus must have been "lying".

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

41 is that the best you can do come man you're starting to sound like bird.............god knows we don't need that

Come on Golf, you have to cut me some slack.  I happen to know @1auburn1 personally and I was just busting his chops....sort of payback.  Back around Christmas, I posted a trivia question on a thread (don't remember what the thread was but I think it was about the Atlanta area), where I asked who could name a Heisman Trophy winner from the Atlanta area without using Google.  I had lunch with @1auburn1that day and told him about the post.....well when I got back to my office from our lunch, he had revealed the answer on that thread.  Anyway, this was an attempt to pay him back a little.

As an aside, did you play golf at Auburn with Bob Dumas?  I think he played there around the early 1970's.  I've played golf with Bob over the years several times in some local tourneys.  Just wondered.

I'm glad to see our HC isn't pumping sunshine just to appease the fan base.   Of course, the first year of two you can get away not with appeasing people while you reset the program.

BTW, much unlike 41, it would be a crime against nature to cover up this handsome face of mine with hair!    😉       Did I mention George Rogers, BTW??

24 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

Come on Golf, you have to cut me some slack.  I happen to know @1auburn1 personally and I was just busting his chops....sort of payback.  Back around Christmas, I posted a trivia question on a thread (don't remember what the thread was but I think it was about the Atlanta area), where I asked who could name a Heisman Trophy winner from the Atlanta area without using Google.  I had lunch with @1auburn1that day and told him about the post.....well when I got back to my office from our lunch, he had revealed the answer on that thread.  Anyway, this was an attempt to pay him back a little.

As an aside, did you play golf at Auburn with Bob Dumas?  I think he played there around the early 1970's.  I've played golf with Bob over the years several times in some local tourneys.  Just wondered.

Bob came to Auburn my senior year he was/is a hell of a player

47 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I'm glad to see our HC isn't pumping sunshine just to appease the fan base.   Of course, the first year of two you can get away not with appeasing people while you reset the program.

BTW, much unlike 41, it would be a crime against nature to cover up this handsome face of mine with hair!    😉       Did I mention George Rogers, BTW??

I lived in a nearby town to Duluth (where George went to High School) through my 9th grade year.  My brother was a senior when I was a freshman.....George was one year older than my brother so during my brother's junior year he played against George Rogers.  At 18 years old, George looked 30.  It was like a man playing against boys!

Archived